Forbidden Colours - A Lahmian Army Plog - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
To The Dark Tower Came

The Gunslinger's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Rephalm’s Horde: Reinforcements Incoming!

Poor Rephalm has received a second wave of zombies to bring his horde up to 40 strong, a mighty force of rotting decay that can overwhelm the strongest of warriors with the weight of numbers.

The second batch has been painted the same way as before, and include a musician, or noise maker.

And here are my favourite zombies, special models and the command group. I think they bring a little character to the unit.

Let me know what you think!

Check out my Project Log: Forbidden Colours!

Last edited by The Gunslinger; 09-20-17 at 12:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-17, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
To The Dark Tower Came

Default Asteron, the King of the Savons

Asteron once ruled over a small kingdom called Savon, located in what is now known as the Border Princes. After his death, he was buried in a mighty tomb wearing full ceremonial armour alongside the enchanted sword he used to defeat the Ork Warboss that challenged his kingdom. In the years since the Kingdom of the Savons has fallen to history, and all that remains of the mighty keep is rubble and ruins.

On her march north, Countess Verde came across the ruins and could sense the power that was kept at bay by the ancient runes and protective spells. The Countess broke open the ancient seals and used her powers to resurrect the dead within, enslaving Asteron to her will.

Suffused with Dark Magic, Asteron’s weapons shimmer with baleful energy. The mighty Wight King serves as one of the Countess’ most powerful minions and often leads the charge, either on foot or on his mighty undead steed,

Whilst painting Asteron I wanted to use the traditional colours I have used across my army to bind him to them, but I also wanted to make him stand out as a special character. As a result, I painted him with plenty of gold and rich colours such as vibrant purple and warm reds.

Last edited by The Gunslinger; 09-20-17 at 12:40 PM.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-17, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
To The Dark Tower Came

Default Forbidden Colours Phase Two: The Legion of Nehek

So it’s been a long year with my undead army, I have made a lot of progress with my painting ability and the vision I have for the army. That’s why I am calling this phase 2, going back with what I have learnt and making a few changes. The first to receive this treatment was the Legion of Nehek:

Now 30 skeletons strong, with new white spears and a few alterations to tidy up the old models. I have also done a new command group, made with Grave Guard models to help them stand out.

The addition of dead grass to the bases and some subtle highlights help bring the models to life and I’m really happy with this unit.

The Legion will be the bases of my army, a solid group of infantry to hold the core of the battle line.
Khorne's Fist likes this.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-17, 04:01 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Looking great. Did you use nihilik oxide to get that torquoise tone on the shields?
The Gunslinger likes this.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-21-17, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
To The Dark Tower Came

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Looking great. Did you use nihilik oxide to get that torquoise tone on the shields?
Thanks mate. No I didn't, I just watered down a light turquoise until I was happy with it and used that. Got to save those pennies!
Khorne's Fist likes this.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-02-17, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
To The Dark Tower Came

Default Forbidden Colours Phase Two: War Chariots

Continuing phase two of my army I have gone over my chariots to tidy up any areas I wasn’t happy with and get them battle ready.

I have added some detail to their massive bases by adding some dead grass and some discarded equipment like shields and swords. I don’t like leaving such a large space empty and I think it makes the model look more dynamic.

The unit Champion

The white, turquoise and bronze connects them to my skeletons and gives the army a common style.

The musician, I used the trumpet from the skeleton warriors kit for this guy, I preferred it to the one that came with it.

And finally the standard bearer, which can help bring slain models back to life, which I am looking forward to using.

Let me know what you think

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-05-17, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
To The Dark Tower Came

Default Forbidden Colours Phase Two: The Generals

The final part of my phase 2 update comes in the form of the leaders of my army, Asteron, Kind of the Savons and Mara, Lady of the Dead.

My Mounted Wight Kind was converted from Mannfred von Carstein and was made to fit in with the tomb kings inspired feel to the army.

Mara, my female necromancer was made from a dark elf sorceress and a banshee. I wanted to move away from the traditional pathetic wretch of a necromancer and towards a powerful, but young and inexperienced spellcaster that is being manipulated by the Countess.

And just as a treat, here is a whole army shot so far:

I have also put together my first Vanguard Army List:

Wight King with Tomb Blade
General, Skeleton Steed, RotN, Tomb Blade
Necromancer

30 skeletons with spears
3 Chariots
20 Skeleton Archers
3 Spirit Hosts

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode