We Have Come For You! A Night Lords project. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-09-16, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Default We Have Come For You! A Night Lords project.

Having taken a four year break from 40k to concentrate on various other systems, I've decided to take the plunge back into the murky pool that is Games Workshop. After selling off a whole load of hobby stuff on eBay, I picked up The Burning of Prospero box, a squad of MkIV marines, the Contemptor and the two HQ minis from the Betrayal at Calth as a starting point.

Having previously overwhelmed myself on projects with a sea of grey plastic, I've decided to go a little easier this time by only assembling and painting a few minis at a time. So far it's just a Lord and a five man squad. I will assemble a five man squad of raptors as well, then get started on the painting.

While the army list will be based on the Chaos Space Marine codex and the new Traitor Legion supplement, the minis will be pretty much all pre-Heresy themed, except for the GW upgrade pack with all the winged helmets that I will use to denote squad Sgts.

I'm not sure what rules to use for the Nostroman Chainglaive, but it will be prominent amongst the army. The 30k rules for them make them basically two handed frost blades with rending, so I'll cost them at something similar to frost weapons.

First up, the nominal new boss. I converted the crozius to a glaive, and while I'm happy with it, the fact the haft is hidden in the cloak makes it look like a standard chain sword, but it'll do for now.

This is the first squad in the army. I'm going to do the squads in groups of five for now. There's not much NL specific bits beyond the shoulder pads and the odd helmet for now.

I took a shot at converting up a chainglaive for the Sgt, and of course FW then release them for sale a couple of weeks later.

Tomorrow I'll assemble a squad of raptors, and then weather permitting get a basecoat on and start painting.
ntaw likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-16, 03:16 AM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

What well manicured hands for a TRAITOROUS RETCH! Stand by for atomic purgation!

The sgts glaive looks quite good, would you consider putting a slight curve in the hard, would make it look more line the forge world one?
Khorne's Fist likes this.

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-16, 03:24 AM

Jolnir's Flag is: Canada

Very nice! Love seeing all the CSM conversions coming out with the new book. Love Night Lords. (That ADB Omnibus was the best of their books.) Good work!

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-16, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The sgts glaive looks quite good, would you consider putting a slight curve in the hard, would make it look more line the forge world one?
I tried bending a bit, but the rod is hollow so it crimps rather than bends. I don't think it's a biggy, because Sevatar's has no bend in it. I preordered the FW ones yesterday, so there'll be few enough conversions from here on in.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-16, 08:31 AM

ExaltedUrizen's Flag is: Australia

Looking good so far, have you thought about adding raptors, maybe the forgeworld night lord specific ones? Especially in relation to the new traitor legions formations.

"That which we foolishly call truth is only a small island in a vast sea of the unknown. For man to truly flourish, he must be willing to abandon the ever-shrinking island of such petty 'truth' and surrender himself to the reality of that which is beyond."

Dark Apostle Erebus, architect of the Horus Heresy
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-16, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExaltedUrizen View Post
have you thought about adding raptors, maybe the forgeworld night lord specific ones?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Tomorrow I'll assemble a squad of raptors, and then weather permitting get a basecoat on and start painting.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-16, 09:52 AM

ExaltedUrizen's Flag is: Australia

Haha sorry about that, I was concentrating on the nice conversions!

"That which we foolishly call truth is only a small island in a vast sea of the unknown. For man to truly flourish, he must be willing to abandon the ever-shrinking island of such petty 'truth' and surrender himself to the reality of that which is beyond."

Dark Apostle Erebus, architect of the Horus Heresy
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-12-16, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

I was going to put a squad of raptors together next, but before I got the chance a plastic contemptor made its way onto my doorstep. I am going to Night Lords the shot out of this thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1235.jpg (499.1 KB, 8 views)
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-12-16, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Absolutely fantastic kit. Put it together in less than half an hour. I will be doing a fair bit of conversion work on it, like twisting it at the waist, and possibly repositioning one of the legs to make the pose a bit more dynamic. Considering it will probably be used as a proxy helbrute, I might add the tentacles from the helbrute kit in place of the claw.

Old Man78 likes this.

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 12-13-16 at 10:23 AM.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-12-16, 06:06 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Will you magnetize the beast or just glue him up for a specific role? I was going to glue mine with twin kheres, and just use him as a force multiplier but having second thoughts now

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode