Arhurt's conversion corner: Necrons, Chaos and the occasional Infinity model... - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-01-17, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharn The Complainer View Post
I hate Necrons. I hate them as an army; their lore and their models. But with your awesome modelling you've managed to 'almost' make me like them. Well done.
Heh, I'm glad you almost like what I've been doing!

Here's a quick sneak peek at something new...

Khorne's Fist and Old Man78 like this.

~Arhurt

Last edited by arthur.bobany; 07-03-17 at 03:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-05-17, 10:06 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

These remind me of a cross between the dune worms from DUNE and the Architects from MassEffect Andromeda. They look great! Are they terrain or are you running them as something?

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #53 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-06-17, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
These remind me of a cross between the dune worms from DUNE and the Architects from MassEffect Andromeda. They look great! Are they terrain or are you running them as something?
Those are great references!

They are counts as Sentry Pylons with Death rays. I've modelled them to a similar size and mass to the Forge world models, but they'll tie in better with my army aesthetic. Especially once I'm done with my Monolith conversion. Those will tie in everything together.

~Arhurt

post #54 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-06-17, 04:25 AM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Nice!. How did you get the tubing to stay bent? From the looks of it it is the same kind of tubing found on Pool cleaners correct?

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #55 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-06-17, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
Nice!. How did you get the tubing to stay bent? From the looks of it it is the same kind of tubing found on Pool cleaners correct?
Yes, they are vacuum cleaner tubes but I guess they are the same material as pool tubes.

I've used a bent PVC tube and sleeved them around it. After doing them I realized that using a broader diameter pvc tube would yield better results, but I've used what I had at arms length at the time.

They have been primed and are ready for painting.

I also need to start working on a void shield generator for Necrons now.

~Arhurt

Last edited by arthur.bobany; 07-06-17 at 01:01 PM.
post #56 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-06-17, 04:08 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Those are very cool. Nice use of household junk. They look the real deal.
post #57 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-20-17, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

The big day is very near and I'm packing my army for the trip. But I took some moments to capture some pictures of it for you!

Below are my 1850pts of battle ready Necrons. The list is a 7th edition Decurion and a CAD with a canoptek harvest and sentry pylons. The big structure is a void shield generator to protect the pylons a bit on the first turn, should I lose initiative.

Hope you enjoy!

Leading the army is my "objective 1", a cute baby wraith.

My scarab swarms are meant to be real swarms!

The Destroyer lord Nassayan leads the force, eager to prove his value to Autharok.

Autharok is here to report back to his Nemesor how his new weapons fare in battle. He oversees all from atop his reaper raiment.

The three Canoptek Tentilla (counts as Sentry Pylons) will see real battle for the first time. They are simply the tentacles of something gar sinister lurking underground...

Old Man78 likes this.

~Arhurt
post #58 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-03-17, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

I had the privilege to play at the Rumble in the Jungle III 40k event organized by the Painting Frog here in Brazil.

It was a farewell event to 7th edition. My list was as follows:
Decurion
Reclamation Legion
- Overlord on CCB (WS/PS)
- 5 Gauss Immortals
- 10 Warriors
- 10 Warriors
- 3 Tesla Tomb Blades (SL/SV)
- 3 Tesla Tomb Blades (SL/SV)
Canoptek Harvest
- Canoptek Spyder
- 3 Canoptek Wraiths (TB)
- 4 Canoptek Scarabs
Combined Arms Detachment
- Destroyer Lord (PS/Mastercrafted WS)
- Sentry Pylon (FDR)
- Sentry Pylon (FDR)
- Sentry Pylon (FDR)
- 5 Tesla Immortals
- 5 Gauss Immortals
- Void Shield Generator (3x void shields)

Some extra pictures at my blog Wargaming Rebel.

I was able to secure 2nd place as best general, 1st place as most impressive army and that net me the General Champion of the event trophy!

Round 1 vs Blood Angels
MVP: Pylons, eating away the entirey of his armor and the contents within.
Memorable moment: Immortals glancing down the Dread.

Result: Total Victory

Round 2 vs Innari
MVP: Scarabs tying up his deathstar for most of the game.
Second MVP: A Tyranid spire that funneled his Deathstar into scarab wall!
Memorable Moment: Splitting his forces across the table to deny Soulburst actions and my opponent complaining that I hadn't killed any of his units at key points to deny that as well!

Round 3 vs Space Marines
MVP: Autharok on his Reaper Raiment, charging again and again to try and keep some slim chance of victory after losing all three artillery pieces on round 1.
Memorable moment: That initial bike engagement. It caught me by surprize and cost me the game. Well played Khan!

Result: Total Defeat

Round 4 vs Black Templars
MVP: Sentry Pylons, eating all his soft armor support (land raiders are tough) and clearing away every last one of the Black Templar assault mob.
Memorable Moment: Nassayan Charge on assault Terminators, cutting them down to the last man in a single round of combat.

Round 5 vs T'au
MVP: Void Shield Generator for eating the entirety of his first round of shooting and forcing Farsight and his Killsquad to deal with it on Turn 2.
Memorable moment: Turn 2 Necron Assault Phase when every warrior available multi-charged several Tau Suits, negating their threat, at the same time the two Tomb Blade units across the field charged even more T'au suits. We remaigned locked in combat to the very end.

~Arhurt
post #59 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-04-17, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

I've been hit by a sudden inspiration and assembled and painted my old Deceiver model.

~Arhurt
post #60 of 77 (permalink) Old 08-14-17, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

I haven't had much time for posting news, but I've been slow and steadily progressing with my wife's Chaos forces. Some pieces below.

A Giant Chaos Spawn made for a mix of Reaper Bones figures and then some modelling on my part.

A Tzeench High-sorceress (counts-as Herald of Tzeench). The GW line really lacks on female characters and Tzeench offers a good opportunity to add some. She'll have a flying young dragon swirling around her robes as well. The model is a headswapp of some sort of mummy and a drow queen from Reaper Bones.

My version of the Changeling. I love the official model but I had this cool Bones figure and wanted to save a few bucks, it came out just great and well... anything really can fit that character.

Another Herald of Tzeench. This one was a Pink Horror who was in Kairos Fateweaver's pocket as he was cast into the well of eternity. He suffered a similar fate to that of Kairos grew two vulture heads just like him. Unfortunately, unlike the wizened Lord of Change, this poor fella only talks non-sense, but one head speaks everything the other does, only spelling everything backwards.

ExaltedUrizen likes this.

~Arhurt

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode