Arhurt's conversion corner: Necrons, Chaos and the occasional Infinity model... - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 77 (permalink) Old 05-12-17, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

I keep working on my tournament list by adding in some destroyers.

I copied the Heavy Gauss cannon from a Triarch Stalker to make heavy destroyers out of my regular ones. I think the weapon isn't as neat as the sniper-like cannon the original ones have, but I'm short on time and this will do nicely. I'm magnetizing it anyway so I can simply make a better one in the future if I want to.

I've finally finished casting all the rods, chest pieces and tails for a first Praetorian Squad. I'll make a new mold to get staff heads on the left hand for more variation, but I'm happy that I managed to get various poses wih the tails from a single original piece.

I did run into a setback, unfortunately. I checked the local humidity online and it read 70%, but I guess the app did not update properly and I unknowingly primed my first destroyer and the D-lord at something closer to 85% humidity. The result...

I'll be stripping them and starting over. I'm mostly upset about the time it'll take as I wanted to paint them this weekend.

~Arhurt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 77 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

I spent a good part of my Sunday assembling and converting this beast!

I haven't done all weapon options yet since I'm dead focused on finishing my tournament list!

I really liked the way it came out. As usual, my vehicles lack a pilot and are all automatons.

Old Man78 and ExaltedUrizen like this.

~Arhurt

Last edited by arthur.bobany; 05-15-17 at 01:14 AM.
post #43 of 77 (permalink) Old 05-19-17, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

Really starting to get burnt out of getting these guys ready for the tournament.

I have the two heavy destroyers, Destroyer lord, five more praetorians, five Immortals and the stalker to paint. Could also use three more scarab bases.

At least I'm still getting things done. I've got a month to go still.

~Arhurt

post #44 of 77 (permalink) Old 05-20-17, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

I have finally finished these guys! I especially liked the Destroyer death mask and the multi colored staff heads. I still need to improve my airbrushing, but it's getting the job done!

~Arhurt
post #45 of 77 (permalink) Old 05-24-17, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Right now the praetorian forge is hot as ever cranking out the second unit.

I'm also finishing more scarabs, a necron Destroyer Lord and Heavy Destroyer and the Triarch Stalker. I'm getting everyone to the pre-wash status as I'm running out of the Blue Shade from Vallejo and have to both maximize its use and make sure I get the most impacted miniatures washed first. That means the Stalker may sit unfinished for a while as I think it's more important to have a consistent look throughout my infantry line.

Old Man78 likes this.

~Arhurt
post #46 of 77 (permalink) Old 05-29-17, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

I've finihsed the two Heavy Destroyers and the Destroyer Lord! I did a last-minute change to him and added the extra sword. I think it adds character and makes he feel very menacing like this. I also made it so his Grav-platform is reeling back to simulate him stopping at the last minute to deliver his sword cut!

I've also finihsed assembling the last remaining five Praetorians.

I'm holding back from finishing the Stalker and Scarabs because I fear I'll run out of Blue Wassh. So tense! I've already ordered some, but getting things delivered to Brazil is always prone to nasty surprizes!

~Arhurt
post #47 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-29-17, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

I'm finally finished with the Army and have had a few games already. I feel happy about the list and though it's not an ace tier list it should do well in the tournament if I don't make any huge mistakes.

First off, let me share a few pictures of the massed forces for this 1850pts list.

The Destroyer lord leads the Canoptek Wraith unit across the battlefield.

My Zealous Tomb Spider bursts forth from the Ground with repair sub-routines. In the background, the Canoptek Tentilla heavy artillery piece.

The Dakhma Judicators, a caste of warrior-crypteks that wield the fearsome Rod of the Covenants and oversee that the Canoptek constructs oft he Dynasty are performing as intended on the battlefield.

Dakhma Immortals are the elite infantry of the army.

Autharok on his Reaper Raiment commands the forces of Dakhma at the very front of the battle.

The Dakhma Stalker and Heavy Destroyers secure the backline and provide supporting fire for the foot infantry in the mid-field.

Dakhma Canoptek Scarabs show the progress and experiments of the Dakhma Crypteks in their search of the perfect killing machine.

Nasayan, the reaper is the fearsome leader of the Destroyer Cult of Dakhma.
Old Man78 likes this.

~Arhurt
post #48 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-29-17, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Below are a couple pictures of two games I played against a friend's Ynnari.

The first one was a total victory as my Scarabs held his deathstar into a crater for the entiraty of the game. The praetorians flew about the board hunting down the scattered units of Eldar and the only unfortunate event was the fact that the Avatar of Ynnead dropped right behind my main formation!

The second game was much more brutal and I lost due to a mistake I will not repeat! I basically over-extended my Tomb Blades and that let him connect after a soulburst move and start the chain. The MvPs of that game were still the Scarabs tying up his deathstar, but the Avatar managed to kill the Wraiths, Destroyer Lord and Command Barge. Was a great game.

~Arhurt
post #49 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-29-17, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

And now for something new!

I'm building my wife's Tzeench army and wanted to make several custom pieces. I've started a few of them already.

This is going to be a Flying Demon Prince. The theme is a gigantic two-headed pink horror bird guy syrfing atop a huge screamer.

This is my version of the changeling. I'm still working on the cloack and third arm.

And finally a herald of tzeench that is a huge fan of Kairos and wants to be like him (sans wings) so he sprouted a second head and stole a magic book. There is still tons of work to make on this guy but I plan the book to have an eye popping out of the middle of the page spread.
Khorne's Fist and Old Man78 like this.

~Arhurt
post #50 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-29-17, 11:13 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

I hate Necrons. I hate them as an army; their lore and their models. But with your awesome modelling you've managed to 'almost' make me like them. Well done.
arthur.bobany likes this.

It turns out that Chaos has their own band...
https://youtu.be/rTGzcdq0_NQ

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode