Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

The Ragtag Elite

4K views 27 replies 4 participants last post by  Fluketrain 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Painted so far army shot

The general premise:

A human, elite infantry force, with a relatively low model count and not taking up too much room! Probably wont be very competitive.

I plan on using bits from multiple different manufacturers so each model is fairly unique, and I'm trying to keep the costs somewhat reasonable.

The list will use astra militarum, assassins, and inquisition together as a bound force if I've read the rules properly! It represents either a mercenary force, or a bit of a rogue inquisition force, not too fussed. They're elite and a bit ragtag.

Anyway, pics before I go much further...

The first one! The core of the Astra militarum is 2 vet squads with carapace armour, camo(scatterfield type back pack), shotguns, and possibly demo charges if I need the extra points. I need to finish off the bases. I might change the backpack ariels slightly if they're screaming skitarri a bit too much?

And a few more, along with demo charge briefcase. The pockets have been filed down and are meant to look like armour plates along with the shin pads.

Now for the general, loose list.

Astra
Hq squad, carapace, master of ordnance
Hq squad, camo, master of fleet, master of ordnance.
Primaris psyker, commisar
Cara vet squad
Cara vet squad
Shocktoopers hq
shocktrooper sq

Assassins
execution force ie 1 vindicare, 1 culexus, 1 eversor, 1 callidus

Inquisition
Terminator inq with psycannon (ie a battlesuit) OR a coteaz count as
Terminator inq with psycannon (ie another battlesuit) OR and inquisitor with all the fancy grenades (rad,brain etc)
10 acolytes, power armour, storm bolters, x1 jokero
10 acolytles, storm bolters, x2 jokero
mishmash acolyte squad ...ie a penal squad with a few surprises

which is around 1800-2000 points depending. Possibly some rough riders/a sentinel in the far, far future.

more to follow soon-ish

See less See more
#28 ·
What, some progress?

So much for being all infantry, a vendetta and tauroxes incoming.

First x2 taurox primes with missile launchers and twin linked acs.

Also veteran suads will now have autocannons, but since i dont really like heavy weapon teams breaking up the squad, and I want some kind of large suits, im using these guys:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.