Deathwatch Strike Force Valinus - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-28-16, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Glad you like it! I was thinking about redoing the inside of the drop pod doors-- I had wanted a very weathered look and I had thought they just looked a little too haphazardly drybrushed instead of really worn. But maybe the really uneven weathering looks right.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-29-16, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

Kel'shann, Salamanders, armed with an Infernus Heavy Bolter. I opted to do flames on the shoulder pad, but I'm not sure if I like it or not. I wanted to show he's from the Firedrakes but I don't know if it looks weird or not next to all the black.

And the finished Kill Team:

post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-30-16, 02:44 AM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

The pattern is on the right shoulderpad, yeah? Maybe if you took a picture from that angle - it looks fine as is though

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-05-16, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

Watch Captain Etienne Valinus, Lions Rampant

++Datafile, Brother Etienne Valinus, Astartes Chapter 733 Lions Rampant. Nonclassified Access.++
Born sometime between 650 and 660.M41 on the hive world Arannor, capitol of Arannor subsector. Records are incomplete but suggest Valinus was born to one of the noble families of the upper hives and orphaned in the process of political intrigue. Valinus was recruited from Schola Progenium holdings on Arannor by the Lions Rampant Chapter, flagged by Confessor Nerus (Inq.Ref 7418/e/Arannor) as potential recruit for Adeptus Astartes.

Valinus served as a Neophyte of the 10th Company from 671-680 before receiving the rank of Brother Astartes and being assigned to a Devastator Squad in the Chapter's Third Battle Company. Recipient of silver skull for cleansing action against Orks on Thetos VI (ref. 4.692.M41). Sole survivor of his squad. Issued Mars-pattern masterwork Heavy Bolter "Heretic's Due" and reassigned to 7th Tactical Reserve following Thetos campaign. Reassigned 704.M41 to Fourth Battle Company as replacement for losses in line Tactical Squad LeVeaux. Recipient of additional silver skull and Imperial Laurel during punitive campaign against human population of heavy industrial world Mozen (Inq. ref. 4.718.M41/Mozen Heresy). Citizens of the world noted for production of heavy equipment including Leman Russ chassis for the subsector rebelled under flag of warp-touched Xeratine infestation, expressing open worship of xenos overlords. Xeratine matriarch slain by infernus shell from Valinus' heavy bolter.

Valinus received title "Ser" (ref.Lions Rampant honorifics) and reassigned to Fourth Battle Company Devastator Squad Ganauld 726.M41. Nineteen additional awardings of silver skull over ten year period. Award of Crux Terminatus and admission to Chapter Reclusiam 742.M41. Valinus removed from active duty for next five years, over which time he studied under Brother-Chaplain Vitorre Eirdeaux. Assigned to Assault Squad Valdor, Fourth Battle Company, 746-761. Attached to Lions Rampant 1st Company 762.M41. Service as Veteran from 750-821.M41. Awarded the rank of Sergeant 822.M41 and assigned to lead Tactical Squad Valinus, 4th Battle Company. Following cleansing of genestealer cult on Proxima Segmenta on the border between Segmentums Obscurus and Solar and defeating cult magus in single combat, Valinus was ordained a priest of the Church of the God-Emperor, and donned the black armor of a Chaplain of the Reclusiam.

Attached to 6th Tactical Reserve as Chaplain 849.M41. Additional rewards of Crux Terminatus recorded during next twenty years against punitive campaign following traitor cult uprisings along Cadian Gate cordon. Valinus personally executed heretic Cardinal Sul Gabal of Gehenna, an industrial world supplying bulk munitions to the spinward elements of the Cadian Gate. Gehenna subjected to Exterminatus 901.M41 despite continued campaign to purge traitor cults. Situation deemed untenable following rise of plague zombies (ref. Plague of Unbelief).

Upon returning to Elysee 901.M41, seconded to Deathwatch for single Vigil. Expertise on moral threats proved valuable to uncovering a chain of genestealer cults which the Deathwatch was able to use to predict the path of a splinter fleet of Hive Fleet Kraken. Upon revelations of Inquisitor Kryptmann regarding Tyranid threat, the Deathwatch request for additional Vigil from Valinus. Given rank of Watch Sergeant 931.M41. Watch Captain Belius Leandros of the Angels Vermillion killed in action against Enslaver incursion 952.M41. Under recommendation from Watch Master Kurga Khan, White Scars, promoted to Watch Captain. Elysee sends newly forged set of lightning claws, quenched in the blood of martyrs, to commemorate Valinus' promotion to the rank of Brother-Captain.

End datafile++

Last edited by The Son of Horus; 10-05-16 at 02:51 AM.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-06-16, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

It's kind of alarming to think that the 1850-point army list is actually a little over a quarter finished at this point after having painted only twelve models. Next up is Terminator-armored Kill Team Doniel.

Kill Team Doniel isn't necessarily the most game-effective configuration for a Deathwatch Terminator Squad. But, even knowing that I'm putting 300 points into 5 one-wound models, it's too much fun not to do. Deep striking in front of whatever target they need to eradicate, and just holding the trigger down on five assault cannons 'till they go click...

Sword Brother Wurtz, Black Templars

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-06-16, 10:52 PM

Fluketrain's Flag is: United Kingdom

At this rate you'll be done in no time! What was your model count again?

All your chest aquilas are spot on too btw.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-16, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluketrain View Post
At this rate you'll be done in no time! What was your model count again?

All your chest aquilas are spot on too btw.
40 models. Although really 58, because I have the rest of Kill Team Cassius and I have an additional Captain, five Vanguard Veterans, a Dreadnought, and Watch Captain Artemis as well. But for the 1850 list, it's 40 models.

Last edited by The Son of Horus; 10-07-16 at 03:58 AM.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-08-16, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

Watch Sergeant Doniel, Angels of Absolution (ref. "Deathwing")

And the Terminator squad as it currently stands:

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-12-16, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

Brother Seytiel, Blood Angels (ref. "Archangels" Veteran Company)

post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-18-16, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
The Hebrew Hammer

After a short break, we're back in gear with Strike Force Valinus!

Ready to join his brothers-- at least, from the shadows, as a lone hunter-- is Eydric Setorax, the Raven Guard. When you don't have anything better to spend 35 points on, and can potentially take a lot of shooting heat off of one of the Aquila Kill Teams for a turn by getting himself stuck in with a heavy weapons unit or even just sitting around camping an objective in cover, there's a lot to offer from the named Vanguard Veteran out of Overkill.

Also, I finished one of two haemotrope reactors for the store tables. While not strictly a Deathwatch thing, there are some really abusive things you can do with the haemotrope reactors and a Deathwatch Kill team packing plasma guns.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode