Medic Marine's Medical Misadventure with paint - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-31-16, 01:04 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

@Kreuger got me onto Flickr a little while back and it's worked great. Never an issue hosting/posting.

That blue is definitely poppin'. Do you use a Guilliman Glaze over it to finish it to get that colour?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-31-16, 02:26 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Thanks @ntaw I think Flickr has been pretty solid. @Medic Marine the things that I really like are Flickr offers a free GB of storage and they have a she feature which produces BBCode which works directly on this forum.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-31-16, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
Febris Militarius

Medic Marine's Flag is: Australia

@ntaw the blue is caldor sky thinner over a black base. Recesses washed with Drankenhof Nightshade. Then cleaned up with caldor sky again. Still needs edge highlights across armour.

@Kreuger thanks for the info. See what happens and play around with more sharing sites.

Cheers guys.

---+++ Clearance level: Command +++---
<<<>>> Sigma Level <<<>>>
Raise a Demi-Company of 3 Tactical, 1 Assault,
1 Devastator. Each squad of your choice.
Command Squad Litho has been assigned to you.
Make travel to Sector Reductus, investigation
of cultist uprising, suspected Alpha level threats.

Assist local militia in stabilizing the planet, multiple
Guard Regiments are being raised, decapitate this
insurrection.
---+++ Order Ended +++---

Azygous, stared at the data slate. He knew Litho squad well, they had served him well on many engagements. Something did not sit well with him about the order. The chaplain chastised himself internally. A day of penance for doubt would do his soul and mind good. Form a Demi-Company assist local militia and destroy the enemy's of man kind. Simple task for an Astartes.
"Brother Azygous..." A voice drew Azygous' attention to the entrance to his chamber. Before him the newly raised codicer Kapoli stood blue robes with white trim.
"Yes, codicier? How may I be of assistance?" The words carried more bite than Azygous had wished but he did not like the witch, even his own brothers.
Hiding the hurt in his reply Kalpoi responded "I wish to seek benediction and pray with you if you would have me." Kapoli looked to the ground, avoiding the Chaplain's gaze.
"Of Course, come we shall go together, I hope you do not mind sharing benediction with brother Dradius. He has been promoted from scout to full brother with the 7th Company." The anger faded from Azygous' voice, witch or no all who served the emperor were his charges. A though came to him as he rose.
"Brother Codicer? Do you have comabt assignments currently?" Azygous strod from his chamber, taking stride with Kalopi.
"I am just now cleared for combat as codicer, I am hoping for deployment soon." The hope in the librarians face was poorly concealed.
"I am to raise a force, I wish your comapny if it is possible." Azygous kept his gaze off the librarian.
"It would be an honor, you have never personally requested a librarian in one of your forces." Kapoli realized what he had said to slowly to halt them.
"Indeed I have not, It is no secret your powers draw mixed emotions within me. However, I would much like you to consult the Emperor's tarot on this mission and accompany us." Azygous did not know why but having the librarian present had calmed his nerves regarding the mission, and now the zeal for combat nestled in his organic heart.
"Of course, Chaplain."
"I will ask Tigrus to attach you and grant you mission access." Azygous strode down the hall with the librarian.

Last edited by Medic Marine; 05-31-16 at 04:37 AM.

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-03-16, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Febris Militarius

So I have put primary layers on the captain. Next is washes and I need to learn how to paint banners ans power weapons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160603_191651_1464951883880.jpg (169.1 KB, 1 views)
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-03-16, 11:16 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Looking nice so far. Actually, I did a double take for a moment because he could totally go night lords from here with no difficulty...

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-03-16, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Febris Militarius

Yes he could...
Was gonna make the cloak same orgabe as the company trim. So it will be a game changer I hope.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-05-16, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Febris Militarius

Well. Washes to armor, gold and cloak applied. Not as diapleased at the orange as I figured. Based the power sword tobsyart a power affect will see how that turns out.

Looks alright slapped together. Gotta ckean up armor and add some highlights. Think I have a nice aimple plan for the back banner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160606_082559_1465165682713.jpg (258.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20160606_082548_1465165799877.jpg (215.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20160606_082537_1465165859827.jpg (242.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 14651659275221871064061_1465165947120.jpg (245.5 KB, 1 views)
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-06-16, 12:59 PM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

It's interesting, against that brilliant blue the cloak is looking super flat. Maybe hit it with a heavy wash to shade it, then go over the raised areas with your colour blend again? Or perhaps it's just the photos washing out the depth from it...

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-06-16, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Febris Militarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
It's interesting, against that brilliant blue the cloak is looking super flat. Maybe hit it with a heavy wash to shade it, then go over the raised areas with your colour blend again? Or perhaps it's just the photos washing out the depth from it...
I found this funny because I didn't want a blinding orange. The Company colors for the 6th are like an earth tone orange. I'll give a wash and highlight another go. Cheers.

Life is all anatomy lessons and paint brushes

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode