Word Bearers noob! - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-15-16, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Dark Apostle Marduk's Flag is: Germany

So, again I based the Hellkite with Army Painter Dragon Red... (I saw it fitting to name it that as I paint this.) I really like this red a lot!

Honestly, I love how the basing turned out! I used GW's medium dry brush to paint the first two layers (As it's huge, and I don't have any larger brushes yet. xD) I then used Army Painter's Regiment brush to catch the nooks and cranies as well as some of the inside spots on the wings. I think it looks pretty awesome.

I am going to try out some of the suggestions you guys gave me on some separate models while this dries.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-16-16, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

So I may have to skip the Hellkite as one of the wings fell off. Without explaining all of the idiotic things I did, I had to clean off a bunch of super glue/paint thinner. I ended up having to repaint and re wash the one wing and drill a new hole to glue it back on... so it's not super clean anymore. I am kind of sad because I used everyone's recommendations on the washes, and thought it turned out so clean and really nice looking. I will probably still take a picture to show you guys. I did do the weapons and all the metallic.

I am however, starting my Deamon Prince. I have already primed and based it... so if you guys are wanting to still see some of my nonsense, I will post pictures of those...

Unlike some, I don't mind people just passing by and viewing. I do that from time to time. I always appreciate comments and critiques, but views are cool too!

Please keep in mind that I am not at the stage, yet, to be display quality, however I am happy at where I am at now... even if it's just Table Top Quality!

Last edited by Dark Apostle Marduk; 04-16-16 at 08:13 PM.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-16, 11:50 AM

ExaltedUrizen's Flag is: Australia

Your models are looking great! The way I usually do mine is spray the whole thing with Mephiston Red, then do the trim in leadbelcher (a darker silver than ironbreaker) and wash the whole thing with Agrax Earthshade, as I like the dark, muted colours.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-16, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExaltedUrizen View Post
Your models are looking great! The way I usually do mine is spray the whole thing with Mephiston Red, then do the trim in leadbelcher (a darker silver than ironbreaker) and wash the whole thing with Agrax Earthshade, as I like the dark, muted colours.

I've just played with spray priming models with Dragon Red from the Army Painter line as they are all a 100% match with their actual paints. I actually think it looks a ton better! I'll post pictures here soon!
Once it's sprayed and washed with Carroburgh Crimson, it looks a lot darker and pretty clean. I think you'll like it!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode