Remnants of Mei-Kanas - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-11-16, 10:22 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Working from your list.

1X Farseer (metal) Go in any list.
2X Avatar of khaine (Both Metal) Have his uses but easy to out manouver.
30X Guardians (15XNew Plastic, 11x old all same stance, 4 metal) They need some Heavy weapons, add the crew and grav platforms here. 3x 12 Guardians with brightlance give you much needed anti-tank, EML for all commers or scatter laser for anti-horde.
16xRangers..scouts..(Metal) Have their uses in most list.
6xWarlocks(Metal) Join with the Guardians for buffs and more WC-Dices.
8XSwooping hawks(Metal) Best used in a squad of 5+exarch to give them a large pieplate to throw around each turn.
2xSwooping Hawk exach (metal) Se above
6XDire Avengers(Metal) Cheep Little unit that can take a Wave Serpent as transport.
10xstriking scorpions(metal) Good against hordes.
2xscorpion exachs(metal)
7xwarpspiders(metal) You could need one more to have to units of 5, exarch inclueded that can jump around hitting rear armour.
2xspiderexach(uh metal)
6x Grav cannon crew and 2 grav cannon platforms(still metal) If these are the smaller platforms use them with the Guardians as above. If not, have them on their own. D-blast is not to be sniffed at.
5x Wriath guard(metal ... is that one lead?) Keepers, hard hitting and can take the hitting back. Joined by Fuegan you have a strong unit that can blow up anything in shooting and Fuegan can take the heat in melee.
1xHarlequin death jester (wax.. just kidding its metal)
1xfuegan the burning lance(ahh god more metal) Se above
1xeldar reaper missing his gun(Why metal there is so much)
1x wraith lord(made from super practical Metal) Give him a Heavy weapon of some sort.
1xWarwalker(God damn metal again) Two slots of Heavy weapons.
3xGrav Tanks (1 i gave to grim and is now a dakka jet) What types?
20xJet bikes(i think i dont know there are so many parts) best used in small squads for last turn objective grabbing.
3/4x vipers(again there are just parts everywhere) keep them cheep and give them range.

Without knowing what weapon loadouts the hevier units have there is difficult to give any firm advice. Their tanks is realy good and you could have on squad of 20 Guardians with 2 grav platforms and then have a unit of 12 or 11+ warlock in a wave serpent as DT. Then, like the DA you have two tanks on the field with massive fire Power and they can disembark onto objectives late game. Equiped right I Think you have most what you need.
Look for ranged anti-hordes, a Farseer on jetbike is better than on foot. He can go faster where his Powers are needed.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-11-16, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Ring Master "Honka"'s Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
Working from your list.
3xGrav Tanks (1 i gave to grim and is now a dakka jet) What types?

3/4x vipers(again there are just parts everywhere) keep them cheep and give them range.

Without knowing what weapon loadouts the hevier units have there is difficult to give any firm advice. Their tanks is realy good and you could have on squad of 20 Guardians with 2 grav platforms and then have a unit of 12 or 11+ warlock in a wave serpent as DT. Then, like the DA you have two tanks on the field with massive fire Power and they can disembark onto objectives late game. Equiped right I Think you have most what you need.
Look for ranged anti-hordes, a Farseer on jetbike is better than on foot. He can go faster where his Powers are needed.
currently they have no weapon loadouts they are just pieces.
ive got the pieces for 2 prism tank turrets (old and metal just how i like them)
and have the parts to make them all standard falcon grav tanks instead i think

Vipers im not sure what they are equipped with if they are even equipped with anything they are in so many pieces dont even remember what weapons they can have.

post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-11-16, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring Master "Honka" View Post
currently they have no weapon loadouts they are just pieces.
ive got the pieces for 2 prism tank turrets (old and metal just how i like them)
and have the parts to make them all standard falcon grav tanks instead i think

Vipers im not sure what they are equipped with if they are even equipped with anything they are in so many pieces dont even remember what weapons they can have.
Prism's are realy good but I would stay away from the Falcon. Try to convert them into Wave Serpents instead, you could easy change from prism to Serpents whatever the need.

Edit: The wraithguard can take a Wave Serpent as dedicated transport. They are bulky so you can have 6 of them or 5 +character. Good to have the unit reach the enemy since they are slow on their own.

Good to be green

Last edited by Moriouce; 02-11-16 at 02:29 PM.

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-11-16, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
I'm not 100% sure about the pink on the armour. I think it would work better with only blue/purple. Instead keep the pink as a spot-colour and use it on cloths and maybe spiritstones. Also I'm not fond of guns with the same scheme as the armour, it blend together and hard to pick out. Try to have it all blue instead and have less blue on the acctual model. Maybe only helmet, shoulders and knees. The barrel on the Gun could be a metallic or bone.
The blue is though a very nice colour that will light up any battlefield they set their feet on.

Good luck!
took out the pink and yep i think it looks better without seems to be more subtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman View Post
Colour scheme looks good but that blue looks to need another coat to get it flat.
You were correct i think i have improved with the newer ones

i went and bought more paints to try and blend a bit better and removed the pink and i think its a great improvement.

here is the outcome i would love to hear people thoughts especially if you prefer purple Helmet or blue Helmet or dont like either

Still need to do their guns and Bases will do them later

Was thinking snowy Bases dont know why i just get a snowy feel fom the models/

post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-16, 01:36 AM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Yeah your right looks much better still a little speckled but thats what you wanted. Well done.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-16, 03:52 AM

Tyriks's Flag is: USA

These look awesome! I prefer the blue helmet option. The repainting was definitely an improvement!
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-16, 04:53 AM

Looks good! Go for the blue helmet!

Good to be green

post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-16, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman View Post
Yeah your right looks much better still a little speckled but thats what you wanted. Well done.
should be able to sort that with a bit of practice.

post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-16, 11:51 AM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

I'd keep a mix, both colour schemes look like part of the same army. Have one squad of guardians in one scheme and the other the other. Maybe Storm Guardians as purple helmet and the guardian defenders as the blue. I know that you had some metal guardians with cc weapons knocking around originally.

post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-12-16, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

That's a good Idea Grim I've got enough spare arms and weapons knocking about to convert this purple eldar into a close combat guy.

would it look weird to have old and new Guardians mixed together in one squad?.

Last edited by Ring Master "Honka"; 02-12-16 at 03:51 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode