Militarum Tempestus - Gorvorna - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-20-16, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Drohar's Flag is: United Kingdom

I entered in this yeards APC. So squads Echo, Bravo, Sierra, Tango, Whiskey what all are in progress have been on the background this month as I started squad Alpha from scratch. All of the other squads have got a progressed a bit and are almost finisned (except Sierra what is missing four heads...)
Alpha is almost finished, this is the first completed with others close behind:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-16, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Forgot the weapon on the vox caster.... so new pics of him:

And here is the finished Alpha squad:

I still have to put a drop of red for the laser dots and after that spray them with purity seal.
But I do not have any bright red. Evil sunz scarlet suffered an accident when transporting and went all over the place.
I ordered a new one with the two squads of Kasrkin I ordered!

Though I have no idea what to do with them. I might convert them to two 5-men squads of devastators, but I am not sure.

Also here is the two special weapon guys with all the weapon options:

Last edited by Drohar; 10-21-16 at 12:10 PM.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-16, 07:05 PM

Fluketrain's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nice work, they look the business!

When you say convert to devastators, how would that work?

Also have you ever tried washes/tones? They're quite easy to use-So I use them all the time ,you could try on a spare model you have and see what you think.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-16, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluketrain View Post
Nice work, they look the business!

When you say convert to devastators, how would that work?

Also have you ever tried washes/tones? They're quite easy to use-So I use them all the time ,you could try on a spare model you have and see what you think.
Well as the Militarum tempestus codex is limited with unit choices, I am allying these with SM to get some snipers alias scouts. Converted scions. I bought some Kasrkins now and I'd like them in my force, but I have no place for them. Looked through the SM codex and thought I Devastators could be a good addition.
As far as converting - I was thinking just giving them the weapons and maybe some accessories.

As far as washing, I do it twice with Biel-tan green. Haven't really thought of other ones. What washes were you thinking?
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-21-16, 08:19 PM

Fluketrain's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drohar View Post
Well as the Militarum tempestus codex is limited with unit choices, I am allying these with SM to get some snipers alias scouts. Converted scions. I bought some Kasrkins now and I'd like them in my force, but I have no place for them. Looked through the SM codex and thought I Devastators could be a good addition.
As far as converting - I was thinking just giving them the weapons and maybe some accessories.

As far as washing, I do it twice with Biel-tan green. Haven't really thought of other ones. What washes were you thinking?
Sounds good, look forward to it! Have you looked through the sisters of battle codex too for count as's?

Well I was mainly mentioning it as a general tip to shade quickly, but as you're already doing it keep on trucking! Your colour scheme is quite dark/stealthy so Id say you're doing the right thing!
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-17, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Hi, so this how it looks so far:

Starting from the left have have Alpha squad: two fully magnetized and customable scions with a Tempestor with a magnetized weapon.

At this point I'd like to go through the weapon options: Flamer, grenade launcher, hot-shot volley gun, meltagun and plasma gun. (back is also magnetized to accomodate either rucksack or flamer tanks) Once I get more scions for the sniper section - I'll be able to add lasguns from the spare weapons. Tempestor has the laspistol, bolt pistol and plasma pistol options.

Next comes the Lead. The leader of my force is the one with the servo skull. - I think I overdid myself, I was worried that it wiuld become a bit flat and not look like a leader, but I think it looks ace. Lead squad is fully magnetized (except vox caster). So the Prime will have a sword, power fist and other power weapons as an option. Unfortunately I am still missing a hot-shot volley gun and meltas from the options, but I'll get them done later.

Someone pointed out to me that I haven't drilled my gun barrels. To be fair I never thought of that but it is a brilliant idea! I will get that done at a later date.

Next is Delta squad and behind it Echo. Magnetized the same way as Alpha.

Infront of Delta is Comms squad's Commissar. Comms squad is still in painting, but Commissar is finished. Magnetized for Plasma pistol, Bolt pistol and laspistol, but the left hand is fixed as I love the cane.

Behind we have squads Tango and Whiskey - five man suicide - I mean vanguard melta force. Both have two Meltaguns. Unlike the other squads the voxcasters have pistols due the idea of them being thrown behind or in enemy lines straight away and if I want to assault and shoot the voxcaster can shoot. I will see how the first games go, but I have a feeling I will be changing the weapon to a lasgun like on Alpha, Delta and Echo squads. Only Tempestor's pistol hand is magnetized.

On the left back is the plastic bags with the spare weapons - as all the shoulders are individually decalled I can't swap weapons between persons hence the weapon shortage.

I will leave you with a couple of close ups:

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-17, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

I ramble a bit about my army: I finally decided on all the letters and came up with this: (Imperial Agents forced to change my plans, but to the better I think)

Militarum tempestus:
Lead: Command squad 5-men Almost Done (decals to go)
Alpha: 10x man Scion squad Done
Bravo: 10x man Scion squad In progress
Command: Command squad + commissar 6-men In progress
Delta: 10x man Scion squad Done
Echo: 10x man Scion squad Done
Sierra: Command squad In progress
Whiskey: 5x man Scion squad Done
Tango: 5x man Scion squad Done

Militarum Tempestus Vehicles:

GOTACC: 1- mobile command centre (chimera and Taurox variants) Not started
Flame: 4-Tauxores Not started
Reaper: 4-Valkyries Not started

Imperial Agents:
Inquisition: 1x Inquisitor Not started
Hereticus: 1x Greyfax + 3 Acolytes, I want female female models, but I can't find suuitable plastic models as used the best ones for Juliet: Not started
Juliet: 10x Battle sister squad, but I am using Sister of Silence models for this as I think they look better then the metallic ones and 1x Rhino Not started
Q: Techpriest and 4 Servitors Not started
Mangoel: 10-man Deathwatch squad Not started
Phoenix: Corvus Blackstar Not started
X: Vidicare assasin In progress

Space Marines:
Yeomen: 5x vanguard squad (converted kasrkin models) + 1x drop pod I was only going to do one sternguard and one vanguard, but to use the first company task force I need 3 units - fuck as working/painting metal is not my thing In progress
November: 5x vanguard squad + 1x drop pod (converted kasrkin models) Not started
Ordant: 5x sternguard squad + 1x drop pod (converted kasrkin models) In progress
Ultra: 6 man scout squad including sgt telion (multiple different camos) Not started
Veil: 6 man scout squad (multiple different camos) Not started
Zulu: 10x bikes Not started

And this:
Krakatau: Baneblade (stormlord most likely) Not started

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode