Tyriks's Warp Hunters - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-15, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Tyriks's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
You just dubble-tap beside the title of the thread and type a new one. @Tyriks
Found it, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-16, 11:18 PM

Gorthol's Flag is: England

Nice coulor scheme you've got going here @Tyriks

Looking forward to seeing more of this!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-16, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

@Gorthol - thanks!

I picked up a Stormtalon Friday, and it has been a lot of fun to work on. It still needs some work (the pilot was a pain so I tore him out and I'll put him back after he's painted). I bought some nuln oil and it has been way easier to work with than a homemade wash. I'm going to be using a lot of it. I also tried leaving more wash behind when I touch it up to give it that grimy look all Imperial stuff has. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, though I might try to do a little more with that. Once I touch up the guns up front and finish everything I might do that. I definitely think the engines need more grime, though. I haven't assembled the base yet because I want to try giving it a good-looking base (without buying more material if possible) and haven't thought of anything to do with it yet. Maybe I'll scour more basing threads later for ideas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0641.jpg (363.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0643.jpg (350.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0645.jpg (328.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0651.jpg (325.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0654.jpg (324.3 KB, 0 views)

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-16, 08:20 PM

Very nice @Tyriks and I completely agree with your idea to grime it up a bit.

Keep us updated buddy!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-07-16, 08:16 AM

Maybe something to try @Tyriks

I was reading somewhere online yesterday (sorry I forget the site) with a guy that had painted purple marines and had used Carroburg crimson for a wash over the purple base before highlighting, had a really nice finish, loads of depth and didn't look 'reddy' at all but made the purple really clean and lingered in the recesses to make it all pop

Just thought I'd share that in case you wanted another opinion my man!

Keep up the good work and keep us updated!
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-16, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

I've been trying a lot of new techniques, some of which haven't paid off, haha. I've been trying mostly stuff from the WHTV advent calendar videos, so I haven't tried your red wash idea (I will once I get a bit better at making washes; I can't seem to get the consistency right yet).

First off, we have the Land Raider, now looking pretty filthy. It either doesn't show in these pics or I've added more since. Probably both. I'm pretty happy with it now, though I need to do something about that porthole (for some reason the hatches I have won't fit in it, not sure if I put one in the wrong place somewhere or something). I've also added decals and adornments to it since I took these. Just need to paint the weapons and touch some things up, I think!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0657.jpg (455.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0660.jpg (381.3 KB, 0 views)
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-16, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

This is where I've tried some new stuff. I tried the battle damage they had a WHTV tutorial for (which looks decent there, I want to add more but I think I'll overdo it. I had some "bullet holes" in various places, but the technique looks no good for them so I painted over them). I also tried more variation with wash thickness that I think doesn't show at all. I tried their magma terrain tutorial for the base which is still drying but looks like it didn't work out. I mixed clear crackle paint with black but it isn't really looking cracked. I might have mixed them badly or put too much on, since the video just says to put a lot on I put a LOT on. Might be stripping it off in a couple days. We'll see, I guess.

It needs some detail work, but other than that just needs a base and the canopy attached. The stupid pilot was a pain in the ass to build (they want you to assemble him inside the cockpit, but I can't get my giant fucking ogre fingers in there, so I built him outside of the cockpit and now he doesn't quite sit right), and he's pushing the canopy just enough that it doesn't want to sit flat. Working on a solution for that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0677.jpg (350.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0678.jpg (340.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0681.jpg (385.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0684.jpg (420.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0663.jpg (350.9 KB, 0 views)
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-16, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

And, finally, I rewashed the terminators. After touching up his scroll, I took a whack at painting the sergeant's name on it. It didn't work out. His name is Hadrian Kolluth, but my smallest brush is too thick to paint that small enough, so I decided his nickname is "Hades," hence the ribbon. Seems like a good nickname for a guy that rushes into gunfights with knives strapped to his hands.

Their armor needs touched up from the wash, which is why it's just Hades here in the pic. You can see some spots pretty clearly in there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0686.jpg (304.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0687.jpg (372.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0689.jpg (402.7 KB, 0 views)
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-16, 08:18 AM

Looking good @Tyriks

Not meaning to sound condescending but your painting is looking to improve with every pic you upload!

Keep up the good work, have a +rep buddy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode