Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Gorthol's Blood Angels

3K views 34 replies 5 participants last post by  Gorthol 
#1 ·
Hi guys!

Now I'm well and truly underway with my Blood Angels I thought I'd start a project log to show everyone my WIP. Comments/criticisms very welcome, keep checking back for (hopefully!) regular updates!

:)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
here's my 1st test model with red power armour...

Base of Mephiston red, followed by a wash of heavily watered down Rhinox hide, followed by another layer of Mephiston red, washed with Carroburg crimson then a light drybrush of Mephiston red, (highlights to come tommorow when my eyes aren't tired!)

What do we all think? :)

#7 ·
I'm curious to know how the can of Budweiser fits in with your painting
It's almost as important as the brush!

followed by a wash of heavily watered down Rhinox hide
Something I'm just getting the hang of now is Lahmian Medium from GW. You can use it to thin paints down for better blending, or go further and create your own washes/glazes with it. Might give you less trouble than using water since water doesn't mix quite as well.

#10 ·
Well Jace It's coming along, steadily but not at a rapid pace i'll admit, used to bash out minis at a quick rate but I've been out of the game for a couple years so just taking my time. got 5 tactical marines with the armour finished ready for detailing, same with 2 death company marines and the death company dread, hopefully i'll get chance to do some more work on them tonight and I'll get some pictures up!

#16 ·
That's a nice shade of red you've got going. Looking forward to seeing your projects progression. :)

#26 ·
Hi Heretics!

A quick update; I've now managed to splash some paint on all my marines in this fledgling force and will get some pics up tommorow, (I did write a lengthy post around an hour ago with 7 or 8 images attached of my progress and my *ahem* 'trusty' IPad decided to close down the Internet! Needless to say I threw a tantrum and couldn't be bothered doing it again tonight!)

Watch this space... :)

#28 ·
Ah, Death Company. One of the greatest things about Blood Angels! Looking good so far dude :eek:k:

If you're wondering about eyes...a lot of people just wash them with a touch of nuln oil and leave it at that (myself included). Pupuls I find...mostly unecessary, but that also has to do with my frustrations in doing them. Plus why the hell would a marine go to war without his helmet in the first place?! :laugh:

#29 ·
@ntaw I sometimes struggle with pupils not going to lie!

What I do is paint something 'easy' to start off with to get my eye in as they say and if the moons and stars line up and the chaos gods are with me and I'm doing well (for me!) then I'll give it a go!

...and if not like you said a wash! but I use a mix of nuln oil and flesh wash

#30 ·
@Gorthol, I'm curious as to why your tags don't work. This was a test to see if it's just broken!

...and if not like you said a wash! but I use a mix of nuln oil and flesh wash
I generally use whatever flesh wash is called these days for the skin, but just dab a touch of nuln into the eye crevasses to make them look a bit darker than the rest of the spots on the face.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.