heresy death guard and Tau - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-26-15, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
WARMASTERWILLIE's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default heresy death guard and Tau

Good morning fellow hobby geeks,
ive been on this site for about a year but haven’t actually posted any. ive decided that i should start sharing my work as im a bit of secret hobby scrillal. i horde models like nuts
ive been working my death guard army for about 2 months now and have 1 heavy flamer unit all painting up and well as 10 of a 14 man despoiler unit.
im working on the second tactical squad ATM
here is some of my work in progress pics, sorry for the blurriness of some of the pics
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

this isnt the most upto date pic but ill post them today or tommrow. hopefully ill have the highlists on the metal and gold finshed on my next post
[img][/img]

here is a few pics of the finshed heavy flamer squad. i used a flat base coat on these models which worked but i havent used of any of the other models and probaly wont on the rest.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

these pics are of my despolier squad. atm i still need to add anouther 4 men due to a list change as both tac squads will be 14 men. the seargent in the pics above will be joining the despoliers.

on theres models i used a zenithial style hight ligh. i used a black base coat and then airbrushed with Gorthor Brown trying to leave sum black in the resesses. i then air brushed with Krieg Khaki. i then brush highlighted with Krieg Khaki. i went a bit mad with the weathering on this unit but i think it works well.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img/
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img/
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

hope you guys like what you see. im thinking of doing a tutorial for my base and armour. let me know if youd be interest

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-26-15, 11:11 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Grandfather is pleased!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARMASTERWILLIE View Post
hope you guys like what you see. im thinking of doing a tutorial for my base and armour. let me know if youd be interest
Articles on other peoples ways of doing things are always welcome mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-26-15, 11:38 AM

R_Squared's Flag is: England

I do like them very much, the scheme and weathering hints at what they are to become. Nice one.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-26-15, 12:05 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Welcome aboard the PLOG section, my heretic friend!

I have to say, your Deathguard looks fantastic - I really like the subtle weathering and the slightly realistic theme you got going. Thumbs up from my end

In regards to the tutorials, how about I make you a deal, as I've just started on my Word Bearers: you handle the Deathguard tutorials and I will handle the Word Bearers. This way we can join forces and spread the chaos influence all over this forum ;)

Last edited by Nordicus; 11-26-15 at 01:17 PM.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-26-15, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Why thank you all hobby dudes tawa and R_Squared!
I’m still trying to button down what my process is. But in the meantime im kind of clad it’s still quite fluid as its creating a lot of variety in the army. Im not a fan of a completely uniform army’s. I haven’t done any tutorials before so it might take me a while and they’ll probably just be pics and text as I have no video editing skills lol.

Nordicus I was so close to doing word bearers, just had a quick look at your work clad im not competing. Your minis are gorgeous man!
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-26-15, 05:23 PM

DelvarusThePitFighter's Flag is: United Kingdom

Awesome awesome awesome, love the borrowed WE heads they are so cool, I need to get some of those! I too am somewhat a secret gamer known only to a select few friends.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-26-15, 09:54 PM

Quote:
But in the meantime im kind of clad it’s still quite fluid as its creating a lot of variety in the army. Im not a fan of a completely uniform army’s.
It's actually your fault I've gone from "Heh, maybe get one but I doubt it" to "I could really smash through a Calth box right about now!"......

Quote:
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-27-15, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

hi guys, painting of the second tac squad is coming along slowly. With any luck will be posting some progress pics tonight or tomorrow. Don’t have any pics but I am now the proud owner of my first medusa artillery tank hoping to get to build and paint it mid next month. Juggling an 8 month old and hobbying is quite a task :-) after I have finished with this squad I think I’ll be doing my Deredeo Dreadnought that has sat on the table for six months. Think I need a break with painting rank and file troops.

For the Dreadnought ive been pondering using the hairspray, technic instead of the sponge technic but trying something a little different. I was thinking of a 2 layer hairspray method. Black basecoat + metal then hairspray + rust then hairspray and then the same colour scheme but I was thinking of an enamel wash over the top to give it the grime. Or do you guys think it might be to much? I do have a tendency to go a little mad

Just a quick thanks for the motivation guys, ive never gotten this far with a hobby project before as I usually get distracted by new releases.

Tawa I feel your pain dude I had given up the the hobby “to the misses delight” the calth box dropped and I lost my tiny geek lizard brain! But what are these forums for if not to enable our collective addictions ;-) to be honest its the best starter box ive ever gotten but ive quickly realised i need anouther one but want to hold off until we get the MK2'S and 3's.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-28-15, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Tawa I feel your pain dude I had given up the the hobby “to the misses delight” the calth box dropped and I lost my tiny geek lizard brain! But what are these forums for if not to enable our collective addictions ;-) to be honest its the best starter box ive ever gotten
I was within spitting distance of my local GW today but Mrs and little man kept me busy. Run fecking ragged! So that stopped me from picking one up

Quote:
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

hello fello hobby nutters.

i know its been quite some time since my last post.... turns out i update one blog and forgot to update this one. i'd like to say i was just a momentary laps in memory but i would be lieing.

first update is for my dred, model is more or less done. i still have to finsh off the base and give a good coat of matt vanish and it should be ok. i messed up badly with the chipping effect. i did all the multible layers and then soaked and chiped the paint away, bad move as i ended up taking all the layers in one go. think i managed to recover it.......was not repainting it, im far to lazy. ive since started on my medusa useing the same schem, but having problems again as i used way to much vanish before aplying the hairspray. ill be posting pic soon as i havnt taken any yet.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

thanks all for the dred for now. next up is the second tactical squad. theses have since been based and are ready war. good abit longer to get done than the despolier squad due to lack of spare time. pretty much the same method i used for the others
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
not to pleased with the vexila on this one might have to revist it.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
this guy is only so i can play BaC hence the 10th squad marking on the shoudler pad
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
family christmas shot! all the smelly cusins togeter.

[img][/img]
next batch, i probaly wont carry on with these until i do the medusa crew.

this is my durak rusk. please bear in mind this is him as he was about 2 weeks ago. ive now cut away at the face and added scares and added some hair, not so shore if the hair stands fluff wise for the charector but i couldnt help myself.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

ill be posting some more progress pics tonight.... the other half has her mate over so ill be dissapareing for some quality stargate and hobby time ahahahah

peace dudes!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode