heresy death guard and Tau - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-21-15, 11:08 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

More great work mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-16, 08:17 AM

Gorthol's Flag is: England

Wow, you're minis look fantastic @WARMASTERWILLIE seriously impressive.

I love the 'realistic' feel to them with the weathering and battle damage, really looks exactly how I imagined the Death Guard to look

+rep for you sire!
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-16, 08:30 AM

R_Squared's Flag is: England

Top notch work with the rusting! Have a rep.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-16, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
WARMASTERWILLIE's Flag is: United Kingdom

why thank you very much, Tawa, gorthol and R_sqared. still a noobie blogger so if you guys have tips on how to make my blog a bit more zazy that would be great ;-)

ill try and get more posted tonight, the first half of the tack squad is now finshed. i have a finshed Meduca to post some picks of but im still painting the crew and the last 7 tack marines. pics soon.... if my daughter gose to sleep.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-16, 08:37 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Great work again - I'm very impressed with the level of realism in your models and you seem to have nailed your own style in this regard. Do keep up the good work!

Based on the first batch of models, I would probably take another look at the helmet-less face though. The skin seems a bit flat compared to you awesome details on your other minis, so if I were to focus one place for improvement, it would be there. Then again, it's very few models where it will come into play so you're golden as far as I can see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARMASTERWILLIE View Post
still a noobie blogger so if you guys have tips on how to make my blog a bit more zazy that would be great ;-)
Not that I'm an expert, but your blog seems pretty good so far. Lots of pictures and relevant updates. My advice would be to try and explain your thought processes more as you go - What choices do you face, what dilemmas are you trying to solve, where does the models fit in, etc. The more people feel they are with you at the table, the more they want to read

Keep it up!
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-07-16, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Good evening brothers.

at last i finally have some more images to share. i know its been awhile, but worth the wait i assure you.

first up is my fished Medusa. im pleased to report this model went a hell of a lot smother than the dred did! as before i used the hairspray method. this time however, i made sure that i vanished in between the multiple layers. i cant stress more if your using this method and you want more than one layer of chipping to do this. it will save you alot of pain. once again i used AK interactive enamel washes, i absolutely love these paints, if they wasn't so bloody expensive i would have used them on all my death guard.

i just fished of the crew. you can see where the squad number usually is on the left shoulder pad on the other death guard there is a scull. the reason for this is eventually i wont to use all the squad numbers and it didn't feel right just leaving it blank. dont know if its particularly fully but i think it give the artillery crew a good separation from the rest of the army. ive got some rapier crews coming as well and ill be using the same squad marking on them as well.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
slight balls up here, the number on the shell being carried by the marine is white, but is black on the rest of the shells. probably should have had the Medusa close by so i could check lol.

next up is the dred not a massive update on this one, just finished the base.
[img][/img]

now its time to show the first finished tac squad. its taken about 3 months but we are finally at lucky number 14! with the second batch of 7 i tried to add some variation in the squad. i deliberately left a few minis with minimal weathering hoping this would show that the squad has a few new recruits in there. i also used 2 washes in the recesses unlike the rest of army so far. the washes on the other minis was just a wash of sepia (heavily diluted with medium). on these i started as normal with the sepia but then went over it with a black wash as well.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

last but not least is Durak Rusk. hes have a fair bit of work done since the last update. i had being looking at the mini as it was for about 2 weeks and it just didn't sit right. one of the things i love about the HH is the HQ models. forge world dose such a fantastic job at making the named guys look so good, and this guy just looked like a bit of a lazy kit base by comparison. so i decided to go back and do some re sculpting of the face and find some cool part to make him stand out. first thing was to cut away at his face. fluff states this guy is realy badly scared. the next was hair, dont know if its fluffy or not i just liked the idea of this guy having long greasy hair. i then gave him a new eye. i liberated parts form the ad mech and scions kits for his back pack. i used an ad mech pistol had to give is pistol a different style. the only thing left to do is add some piping on his chest plate, something ive never done before but i think this mini calls for it.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

thats it for now. i wont be painting Durak until i have everything else build and painted. i still have 4 despoilers to paint, to get to lucky 14. and 2 thud guns and 10 missile launcher heavy support marines. all of which are on there way. with any luck i should have a new more painted models to show you all in a few weeks.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 08:29 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Splendid work as always mate - A really decaying and rusty army. I love it!

Have you considered making a tutorial on those chipping effects? It would be a great read as more and more people are trying it out
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 11:11 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

What can I say?

Absolutely loving this PLog mate. Your work is top notch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-09-16, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the compliments guys, I know it was a bit of a burst of what I had done over a good few weeks, I'll try and update the blog a bit more often for now on lol.

Nordicus I don't have many vehicles planned for painting in the next few weeks so don't know when I'll get round to makeing a tutorial. In the mean time I'll share the like of where I learned it, as well as picked up my love of Ak interactive.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnBY_hz0xk8

This guys is realy good I've picked up quite a few tricks from this vidio after making my razorwing.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-09-16, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Very quick update on Durak,

Five minutes of adding cables to the chest plate and he's finally finished

[img][\img]

Last edited by WARMASTERWILLIE; 01-09-16 at 05:09 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode