So I caved and kept the Betrayl at Calth set and after much back and forth I decided to go Salamanders. Also, I happen to be reading Vulkan Lives
currently which probably guided my decision a little. Also, fire and dragons, how can you not like that icongraphy.
So with that I decided to start with the Preator and the Chaplin. (Names to come later on.)
So put these two kind of together.
The Preator's front and middle of the torso, and the back and top armor were put together, while the Chaplin's backpack/cape pieces and the front and middle of the Chaplin.
Next I primed them white, didn't do black as I was trying to get a brighter emerald green in the end.
Followed by going over them with a couple of layers of Vallejo Model Air Dark Green. To get a nice smooth green I found two coats worked perfectly. Also, found this seemed to completely nullify the fact that I used white for the priming. Except of course, white primer is easier to find and fairly cheap. Anyways.
This was the part that I kind of feared doing because I haven't done this really well in the past. However, just going ahead and doing this it came out pretty well. Used the Vallejo Escorpina Green very carefully and as lightly as possible.
So here they are all greened up and a little bit of blue tac to hold them together for the picture.
Now the capes are going to have the flame effect over coals on the inside. While I'm undecided if I should do that on the outside of the capes. I've got some upgrade pieces from Forge World (Mark III shoulders, a set of heads and torsos for to scatter through the squads) and a few pieces from Spellcrow
The only other thing I'm undecided on is the bases. I was considering doing something like the black wastes of Istvaan V or doing something with a fiery effect under some Martian Ironearth. Tying them back to my Forgeworld.