The 11th Legion - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Ordo Xeno Commander's Flag is: New Zealand

Default The 11th Legion

well, staying true to my usual form, I've changed my mind, and I'm doing a forgotten chapter, the 11th Legion (yes the missing one), partially because a mate is doing the second, so I wanted to do something different, with a colour scheme very very similar to the Red Templars, but a little less orange and more red, because it's slightly easier to repeat the blend. Although with blood red and blazing orange highlights, I can source-light it very well, and it turns out quite orange anyway, with very obvious shadowing. Ill take a picture soon and edit it into this post. I will be writing fluff (based on any fluff about the forgotten legions that can be found, your help in locating any will be appreciated, with rep being awarded for very helpful finds).

Oh, don't worry, the army list is still the same
*Disclaimer*
Ordo Xeno Commander reserves the right to change the army list at any time without notice

EDIT: adding images

C&C please

I know that the orange highlight on the shoulder is to undefined, but that was a mistake on my part, and I was too tired to fix it, its quite difficult. I know it all needs work, but this is just the red im trying to get right

P.S. I know the thigh/crotch area highlights are fucked.

Last edited by Ordo Xeno Commander; 10-18-08 at 10:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 10:46 AM
For Da Boss

dirty-dog-'s Flag is: New Zealand

that looks awsome.

couldn't find any fluff, so can't help there mate.

omgitsduane's # 1 Fan

Russian Winter Guard Thread

post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 10:53 AM

I love that painting mate.
keep it up!

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 01:05 PM
Digg40k's Flag is: United Kingdom

Very nice painting mate. Good luck with your project, as much as I know there is literally zero available fluff apart from that the 11th legions records were expunged by an unknown being. You've got free reign.
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 04:04 PM

You are good at blending and creating the illusion of light. My C&C for you is make sure you get all the mold lines cleaned up before you start painting. They are very unsightly and detract from the model as a whole.
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 04:42 PM
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHarvey View Post
You are good at blending and creating the illusion of light. My C&C for you is make sure you get all the mold lines cleaned up before you start painting. They are very unsightly and detract from the model as a whole.
I'd echo this too, but I also noticed the left arm/shoulder pad has quite a large gap judging by the last photo. If it's a test mini, you can tell us both to sod off happily! If not, try a 'dry fit' with blutac (yellow tac, white tac etc) before final assembly. You've done a nice job of the paint work, which is detracted from by the mould lines and the slightly off arm position.

If you want a less orange highlight, maybe try a darker red to start with so the final highlights are closer to blood red than orange. I used to paint my High Elves with a red armour plate that used a lot of red washes and darker reds so I didn't really touch orange to highlight. I'll try and get a picture. If of course the orange is what you're after, again, I'll shut up!

post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 08:17 PM

If you want a fluff-monitor approach... you should only use the first couple of marks of armour, as the 11th (as far as we know) disappeared before the Heresy. Or, at least, that's what they want us to believe (it's never actually stated, I don't think)... but if this is the case, various other things don't yet exist... decent plasma guns, assault cannons, vindicators etc.

If you're mate's doing 2nd legion, are they doing it as a Chaos Legion? Because one or other might have to be Chaos Legion to keep the "fully half the Legions fell to Chaos" thing going...

On the painting, yeah, nice work on the red. Very nice result and I like the shading. Otherwise, what everyone else said about mould lines (the one on the left leg is particularly obvious) and arm placement. Still, it is a test. I think you passed!

:heretical cyclops:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Ordo Xeno Commander's Flag is: New Zealand

Neither of us are doing heretical legions because no one knows what happened to these two. Free reign on the fluff sounds cool, and I'll write something up that allows them to use current Imperial Technology, although if I can find a pre-heresy marine tutorial that uses plasticard and GS I could do that. Unfortunately, I wont be able to do the older guns and stuff, but I'll just say they salvage them from battlefields they come across. Maybe I'll make them similar but different to the LotD.

With the C&C on the model, yea, its just a test mini, had him lying around from an old combat squad box that I'm using for test mini's, and he was the last one

So, if anyone can find me the tutorial (I will be looking my self) for converting to Pre-heresy Marines, +rep also, first come first served, although if a supplementary is different but still helpful, you will be rewarded.

My next pay cheque will be taken up by plasticard and GS and modelling tools
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-18-08, 10:42 PM

Farseer Beltiac's Flag is: USA

pretty cool, you know I've been writing some fluff on the 2nd missing legion.....not sure if I'll post it or not.

This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground sir. We're not going anywhere."
—SPARTAN-259
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-19-08, 02:08 AM

Your painting on the red is looking awsome ordo great job

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode