Da golden waaagh!!!! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-08-16, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Thanks for the praise.

As to the comments for the colors being too clean, this is basically my preference for this army and also proably a bit of an over reaction from the last ork army that i had (metals were basically orange with rust effects that they had) might post a shot of the dakka jet in that scheme later or you can look to the "Death skulls boss", certainly didn't look as cool as these.

As to the difficulty with painting these colors I've uploaded some pictures and tutorial yesterday and it should be live as soon as i get the aproval from one of the MODS. You will see how i do this color scheme. As to the black backround, i find a better effect on yellow with white backround (as i said in the tutorial or even stalk my user photos they are there.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-08-16, 05:35 PM
Siskin's Flag is: Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman View Post
As to the comments for the colors being too clean, this is basically my preference for this army and also proably a bit of an over reaction from the last ork army that i had (metals were basically orange with rust effects that they had) might post a shot of the dakka jet in that scheme later or you can look to the "Death skulls boss", certainly didn't look as cool as these.
It does look cool, and in the end it is up to you and your vision how your army should look like - sticktoittivness

Quote:
As to the black backround, i find a better effect on yellow with white backround
Sorry I did not catch white background on the photos, I still prefer black for more contrast - but again if you like white more go with white :D

Again good job on the models and keep the coming

Siskin
post #13 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-08-16, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Well no real progress as of yet just noticed the tutorial has be let through: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=201794 . Hopefully that makes sense to everyone.

Also in regards to the original paint scheme the bellow dakka jet, this may be the reason for the flip to a much cleaner scheme:

Also this is a very old shot, about 4 years ago now that the mean reason for the dodgey photo (old camera too).

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:

Last edited by Battman; 02-14-16 at 07:47 PM.

post #14 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-11-16, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Here is a little experiment i did a few months ago, matching my phone case to the color scheme of Da Golden Waaagh. Thought it would be a good thing to share to see what you all think of it.

It is basically the same as the tutorial scheme but has coats of 'Ard coat technical paint between them hopefully to increase durability, this didn't work with much of the paint being scratched or rubbed off in key contact points. planning to repaint and use some automotive clear coat to make it last a little longer.

Any thoughts?

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:

Last edited by Battman; 02-11-16 at 09:50 AM.
post #15 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-11-16, 11:24 PM

Fenrisian's Flag is: Canada

i like the phone case very orkish
post #16 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-14-16, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

More progress, not much time on the internet so haven't uploaded these as they go just this slog. Enjoy.

These if you cannot tell are the initial work on the piece for this months painting competition. Got some time off tomorrow and Tuesday so hope to finish it then.

Any thoughts? It is basically the yellow and the checks on the leg so far but more to go. Metallics next.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
post #17 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-14-16, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Little more progress on metallics and other odds and ends. These photo also shows the flame effect Ive made out the hair of an ork boy.

This photo shows the close up of the flame effect ive made out the hair of an ork boy.

Much more to do but do it i shall.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
post #18 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-14-16, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Finished the Khromlech Mega Nob. Flame effect curtsy of a shaved boy. Done basically in the scheme of the Bad moons of DA GOLDEN WAAAGH with a little extra effort to bring it above table top to more a entry level hopefully. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts? Comments? Vote for me!!!!

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
post #19 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-15-16, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

1000TH POST!!!!!!!!!!

Okay now that is out of the way my post for this second is going to be a conversion project I started last night the plan is to forge two of my personal favorite hobbies into one awesome miniature: Monster Hunter and Warhammer 40000.

The plan is a follows
-Convert my Ork Dreadnaughts into warriors of renown with Armour and equipment worthy of such a task.
-Each will have their own weapon as with the game and the showcasing of weapons available

Current thoughts are for Tactical blade or Ravenger blade and Rathalos Armor after that pondering the idea of a Heavy Bowgun and Gravious Armor. Next would be Nargacouga armor and Dual Swords probably Dual Dragons. Next I might go either a lance/gunlance and Zinogre armor. This all depends on if i can get this Rathalos and Greatsword to work.

Below are the weapons I'm talking about above the Tactical bladeand Reaver Blade .

This is the Rathalos Armor i hope to emulate on the dread (mainly thinking helmet, pauldrons and chest).

Next is what I've done so far mainly cutting the Blade out of plasticard (Well old Icecream box) and begun cannibalizing of the dread in preparation for sculpting

This is the stack order for the blade in these sections Im trying to bulk out the weapon before sculpting.

Final shot for scale of the weapon I'm planning to create for this dread. Any thoughts tips and tricks for doing this sort of project i haven't done much like this before.

Many of you probably don't know of what I'm basing this off but hopefully still sounds to be an interesting idea, for you all. Of those that i know have an interest and hope they will chime in with ideas for weapons and armor to do is @Loli and @Deus Mortis

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:

Last edited by Battman; 02-15-16 at 10:08 PM.
post #20 of 119 (permalink) Old 02-16-16, 08:44 AM

Ring Master "Honka"'s Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:

Any thoughts? Comments? Vote for me!!!!

main issues i have is its really clean.

you power claw has blood but if it had just been used to cut somone it would be all over the place and wouldn't be quite so bright red. if its dried on then it would be faded and again darker.

the flames look good however it doesnt look like its generating any light the shading on the gun doesnt match the light source.

The last item is I think you need to break up the yellow a bit in the torso and arms, with your other mega nobs you have patches of just plain metal to see where parts are seperate maybe try and Metal up in between some of the Panels .

Hope this is Helpful.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode