Warhammer 40k SM NATURES MISTAKES - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-16-08, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Default Warhammer 40k SM NATURES MISTAKES

Hello and i want to welcome you to my project of a Dark angels esk army NATURES MISTAKES. Its dark angels with no death win basically. I have all the aobr pices and a attack bike painted CROW WING like raven wing. I have painted a few models and i forgot to base..... im a noob can some one help me with basing wile the model is already on and also can some one tell me how to post pics on here? Thank you i will post pics on here as soon as someone tells me how to do so.
Have a nice day

If you can dream it you can do it

Main armyu Dark angels codex called Natures mistakes 1000 points 2-0-0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-16-08, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

Default Sm Natures Mistakes With Pics

Hello here are some pics i thin i figgured it out also i am not a great painter so please dont make fun of me i have never painted anythig prior to this. I would apprectiate some tips and help... here are the pics
First Marine

My attemp at highlighting

Missle launcher front and back

Flamer guy

Dreadnaught

Tac sarg

My badly painted attack bike please dont laugh..

I hpe you like more to come in a day or 2 Have a nice day

post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-16-08, 05:29 AM

Imperial Dragon's Flag is: Australia

For your first paint job there some good models.

the slits in the legs (like the back of the knee) i think would be better being black with grey it will help tell apart the model as well.

When it comes to painting purity seals i undercoat them black paint them white then bleached bone and then highlight on one side skull white.

well a way to base that's easy and looks pretty good, paint the base some borwn colour, like snikebite leather, put P.V.A glue on it, dip it in sand shake it off (to remove excess) then repeat if areas wern't covered but only P.V.A the parts that were missed. Once that is dry get the P.V.A glue again and put patchs on, and dip the base into static grass this will give you a good and simple base for your models.

How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair. Only united can we hope to stand against them.

Aun'shi of the Tau Empire

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-16-08, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

cool ill have more pics tonight of my cap.

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-16-08, 02:39 PM

I would recommend painting the bases after you glue the sand to them. That way the paint helps hold the sand in place.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-16-08, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

ohh really i guess i never thought of it like that i dont know ill do a test model on my boltgunless marine dang box sets

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 05:00 AM

i gotta say for you first models they are very good, and basing wise it depends how you want it, if your going with rubble/ground that you would need to paint its best to put the stuff your going to use for the base and glue it on before you basecoat, if your doing sand or grass or something you can usually do that after you paint the model
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 07:14 AM
For Da Boss

dirty-dog-'s Flag is: New Zealand

little tip with the eyes, paint the eye first, and then paint around them with the armour colour, it tidies them up alot, and its easier to control the brush.

my best suggestion is to get the gw washes.

the skin on the tactical sergent will look awsome, the red will also look awsome, and i can't say that the green needs anything.

good on ya mate, and don't worry about the guys on heresy bullying you or making fun of you, we are all a supportive bunch, well, i suppose you could call heresy the bra of warhammer.......

omgitsduane's # 1 Fan

Russian Winter Guard Thread

Last edited by dirty-dog-; 10-17-08 at 07:16 AM.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 07:58 AM

BWLAF93's Flag is: Australia

Hey, we wouldn't diss your painting! I don't know about everybody else here, but my first model looks like I poured a pot of green and a pot of yellow over it, then splashed on some mettalics These are fantastic for a first try, and that highlighting is actually quite good! I can't highlight that well, but don't tell anyone....

Project logs:
The Black Wolves (SM) - List Written
Ultramarines Chapter (yes, I said chapter) - Test model painted
7th Annihilators (SM) - Nearly finished (no log)
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 09:29 PM

About basing. The best way I have found to do the base after the model (with lots of experiance) is thus:
-Glue sand onto base with white glue
-In a plastic cup mix two parts white glue, one part water, and a bunch of your base color paint.
-Paint this over the sand, allow alot of time to dry as it will re-wet the white glue. This takes care of shading.
-Use a controlled, almost drybush to highlight. The gw medium drybrush works well. Just put some paint on the brush and drag across sand.
-Add some static grass spots.
Since you are doing AoBR, this will look good on both orks and marines. Sort of an 'anyhwere' battle motif. For sand I recommend using two different sizes, a larger one and a smaller one, to represent dirt and rocks. Check out a local hobby/model train shop for Woodland Scenics material, they offer a product called Ballast in many grain sizes that works wonderfully.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode