Haskanael's Imperial armies - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 146 (permalink) Old 10-07-15, 01:38 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

For what it's worth, when I play doubles (which recently is a lot because of a campaign I'm involved in) my partner and I always balance each other's list instead of trying for internal balance. It seems a more effective use of the FOC and typically plays to each person's taste anyway.

Thoroughly enjoy that Wyvern. That is probably the biggest and clearest possible picture you could have replaced old blurry with

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 146 (permalink) Old 10-08-15, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

well after carefully revising my list. one of the guys decided to be sick today.
since I am the only one with a butload of models I will be bringing an army of 1500 P against 2 armies of 750P. this could get interesting. on to listbuilding it is!
post #73 of 146 (permalink) Old 10-16-15, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Thordis

Okay I need some opinions terribly badly
I am going to join AoS with the stormcast eternals but I am not sure wich colours scheme to use. I came up with two that seem interesting.

I would love to hear people's opinions on the colour combinations. don't mind the shodyness this is just a test XD

post #74 of 146 (permalink) Old 10-16-15, 05:31 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskanael View Post
Okay I need some opinions terribly badly
I am going to join AoS with the stormcast eternals but I am not sure wich colours scheme to use. I came up with two that seem interesting.

I would love to hear people's opinions on the colour combinations. don't mind the shodyness this is just a test XD
Green for me, all the eternals i ever see are metalic colour plus blue or red, its nice seeing green for a change, plus you make silver and green work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #75 of 146 (permalink) Old 10-16-15, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Thordis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
Green for me, all the eternals i ever see are metalic colour plus blue or red, its nice seeing green for a change, plus you make silver and green work.
you have seen red ones? O-O darnit! well at least the silver works I saw way to much Gold with different hues of blue and purple in my area and I realy wanted to get away from that.

Quote:
you make silver and green work.
thank you so much for this! I had a lot of doubts about green with any metalic colour.
post #76 of 146 (permalink) Old 10-17-15, 11:37 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Whilst I love the red colour scheme - makes me think of Roman Legions! - I agree that the green is by far the better choice. It looks very good!

Bear in mind red is my favourite colour, and I can't stand green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #77 of 146 (permalink) Old 10-17-15, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Thordis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Whilst I love the red colour scheme - makes me think of Roman Legions!
that was exactly my inspiration

thanks for the feedback. I'm going to await another week. to see if more people come knocking . aand to gauge the reactions of the locals.
post #78 of 146 (permalink) Old 10-18-15, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Thordis

so while I await more feedback. I did not forget about the storm talon of this months painting challange still working on it!
however my local GW started a tale of X gamers type event, for AoS and I decided to join in on the fun. waiting for an order from our friend @bitsandkits so I can fill in the first 6 months within a reasonable budget.

I also played my first game of AoS with the starter set at my local GW and had an absolute blast. it is simple, fun. yet tactical.
once I get going propperly I will probably make a new Plog just for AoS.

Last edited by Haskanael; 10-18-15 at 08:02 PM.
post #79 of 146 (permalink) Old 10-18-15, 09:21 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

I like the green scheme, but I think you need one more colour to the palette. The red currently stands our more, as you got a good vibe going with the silver, gold and red. The green and silver looks lacking in comparison.

For it to live up in comparison to the reds, find one more colour - Possibly the gold as well?
post #80 of 146 (permalink) Old 10-19-15, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Thordis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
I like the green scheme, but I think you need one more colour to the palette. The red currently stands our more, as you got a good vibe going with the silver, gold and red. The green and silver looks lacking in comparison.
I thought this as well but I cannot find colours I am statisfied with to go with both green and silver, not even copper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
For it to live up in comparison to the reds, find one more colour - Possibly the gold as well?
tried gold xd sadly I don't find green to be a gold colour so to so say, I was absolutely not happy with how it came out xD

on another note. I found out there is an actual green with silver stormhost already X-x, so having some second thoughts about the green.

Last edited by Haskanael; 10-19-15 at 05:31 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode