The Black Wolves - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-05-08, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

BWLAF93's Flag is: Australia

Default The Black Wolves

Ok, I will begin with fluff:

The Black Wolves are a Blood Angels successor chapter led by two chaplains, Vestravius and Sepriminus. They are a fast moving strike force, utilizing assault squads, bikes, land speeders, and land raiders, in which they mount all the terminator squads. Their insignia is similar to that of the Space Wolves, however they despise the Space Wolves because of what they believe is a violation of their chapter's name. They are supported by dreadnoughts Mortis and Cali.

Basically, I am building an apocalypse force. Currently there is no points limit, I am adding everything I want, then trimming it down to between 3000 and 5000 points. I am in the process of writing an army list. In the meantime, here is an example of the colour scheme:

This model has some minor differences to the Black Wolves, as I painted it with a slightly different scheme, but tht is the basics. The most notable difference is that only sergeants and veterans will have a red helmet like this ones, and there will be no warpaint on any helmets or faces. I will have the list up sometime in the next week!

Project logs:
The Black Wolves (SM) - List Written
Ultramarines Chapter (yes, I said chapter) - Test model painted
7th Annihilators (SM) - Nearly finished (no log)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-08, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Here is the army list! 5000pts of Deep striking goodness
HQ
Chaplain Vestravius
Jump Pack, Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius, Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs, F&K Nades, Honour Guard
140 pts
Honour Guard
Jump Packs, F&K Nades, 1 Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon, 1 Plasma Pistol and Chainsword, 1 Flamer, 2 Bolt Pistols and Chainswords, Melta Bombs
225 pts
365 pts

Chaplain Sepriminus
Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter, Rosarius, Crozius Arcanum
125 pts

ELITES
Terminator Squad Drakas
1 Power Weapon and Storm Bolter, 2 Chainfists and Storm Bolters, 1 Power Fist and Storm Bolter with Cyclone Missile Launcher, 1 Storm Bolter and Powerfist
230 pts

Terminator Squad Semfor
3 Storm Bolters and Chainfists, 1 Assault Cannon and Chainfist, 1 Storm Bolter and Power Weapon
250 pts

Terminator Squad Kamartis
3 Storm Bolters and Powerfists, 1 Heavy Flamer and Powerfist, 1 Storm Bolter and Power Weapon
205 pts

Terminator Squad Lakardi
1 pair of Lightning Claws, 4 Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields
200 pts

Terminator Squad Jalasto
1 Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield, 4 pairs of Lighting Claws
200 pts

Terminator Squad Cracium
3 pairs of Lightning Claws, 2 Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields
200 pts

Venerable Furioso Dreadnought Mortis
2 Dreadnought CC Weapons, Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, Smoke Launchers, Searchlight, Drop Pod Transport
125 pts

Drop Pod
Storm Bolter
50 pts
175 pts

Venerable Dreadnought Katari
Assault Cannon, Dreadnought CC Weapon, Storm Bolter, Smoke Launchers, Searchlight, Drop Pod Transport
145 pts

Drop Pod
Storm Bolter
50 pts

195 pts

Veteran Assault Squad Coralima
1 Power Weapon and Plasma Pistol, 1 Chainsword and Plasma Pistol, 1 Flamer, 2 Bolt Pistols and Chainswords, Melta Bombs, F&K Nades, Jump Packs
225 pts

Scout Squad Aurelius
4 Sniper Rifles, 1 Missile Launcher, 1 Heavy Bolter, 4 Chainswords and Bolt Pistols, F&K Nades, Drop Pod Transport
200 pts

Drop Pod
Storm Bolter
50 pts
250 pts

TROOPS
Assault Squad Jagatai
2 Plasma Pistols and Chainswords, 7 Bolt Pistols and Chainswords, 1 Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon, F&K Nades, Jump Packs, Melta Bombs
315 pts

Assault Squad Ventrinor
10 Bolt Pistols and Chainswords, Melta Bombs, F&K Nades, Jump Packs
255 pts

Assault Squad Terkinia
2 Bolt Pistols and Chainswords, 2 Plasma Pistols and Chainswords, 1 Plasma Pistol and Powerfist with Combat Shield, F&K Nades, Melta Bombs, Jump Packs
225 pts

Assault Squad Spirimus
9 Bolt Pistols and Chainswords, 1 Bolt Pistol and Chainsword with Combat Shield, Melta Bombs, Jump Packs, F&K Nades
265 pts

Tactical Squad Grunacus
1 Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon, 7 Bolters, 1 Flamer, F&K Nades, Melta Bombs, Drop Pod Transport
230 pts

Drop Pod
Storm Bolter
50 pts
280 pts

Tactical Squad Harkilan
1 Bolt Pistol and Chainsword, 7 Bolters, 1 Plasma Cannon, Drop Pod Transport

Drop Pod
Storm Bolter
50 pts
255 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Devastator Squad Gaurelius
1 Plasma Pistol and Chainsword, 1 Multi-Melta, 1 Missile Launcher, 2 Lascannons, F&K Nades, Drop Pod Transport

Drop Pod
Storm Bolter
50 pts
285 pts

Devastator Squad Hormunculus
1 Bolter, 2 Heavy Bolters, 1 Missile Launcher, 1 Plasma Cannon, F&K Nades Drop Pod Transport
190 pts

Drop Pod
Storm Bolter
50 pts
240 pts

Devastator Squad Licardo
1 Bolt Pistol and Chainsword, 1 Heavy Bolter, 1 Plasma Cannon, 1 Missile Launcher, 1 Lascannon, F&K Nades, Drop Pod Transport
210 pts

Drop Pod
Storm Bolter
50 pts
260 pts

5000 PTS

Hope you like the list, C&C requested! EVERY UNIT IN THIS ARMY HAS DEEP STRIKE *DROOLS*

Project logs:

Last edited by BWLAF93; 10-20-08 at 08:10 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-08, 02:23 AM
For Da Boss

dirty-dog-'s Flag is: New Zealand

very nice scheme youve got there. my only suggestion would be to make the powerfist red aswell, it looks like theyre more of a black templar succesor chapter thatn blood angle at the moment. but otherwise i can't wait to see more.

omgitsduane's # 1 Fan

Russian Winter Guard Thread

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-08, 02:46 AM

gwmaniac's Flag is: USA

no offense, but i can't really tell what that is on the pauldron/shield. is it an eagle? otherwise, nice paint scheme
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-08, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

That is meant to be an Inquisitorial "I". The actual scheme is slightly different to that, once I finish my Ultramarines test mini I will do one for this. Any comments on the army list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty-dog- View Post
very nice scheme youve got there. my only suggestion would be to make the powerfist red aswell, it looks like theyre more of a black templar succesor chapter thatn blood angle at the moment. but otherwise i can't wait to see more.
They are supposed to be more of a standalone army than a BA successor, I only did that so I could take assault squads as troops, and so that my command squad could have jump packs!

Also, with the fluff, I changed the Dreadnoughts name to Katari, so don't kill me, I just prefer that name and I can no longer edit that post

Project logs:

Last edited by BWLAF93; 10-20-08 at 08:11 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-08, 06:16 AM

tssxxx's Flag is: Australia

bloody awsome, thats all i can say awsome painting and awsome army, ALL DEEPSTRIKING OMG, that is going to kick ass oh and wat tactics do u have for that army.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-08, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tssxxx View Post
bloody awsome, thats all i can say awsome painting and awsome army, ALL DEEPSTRIKING OMG, that is going to kick ass oh and wat tactics do u have for that army.
Well half of my drop pods come in on turn one, so I will bring in the devastators onto the objectives and pour fire onto the enemy lines from afar. Then my assault troops will deep strike into the most vulnerable/dangerous units, followed by my tactical squads in their drop pods onto the objectives to hold them. At the end of the game I will try to get all my assault squads (not the veteran one obviously) out of combat and make a quick dive for all objectives uncovered by my tacticals. I am not sure if you can combat squad after coming out of a drop pod, but if so, I will combat squad my tacticals, leaving heavy weapons on the objective, and my special weapon to hotfoot it to another objective. My scouts will also be combat squadded, with my snipers and heavy bolter staying put, and the missile launcher moving to contest another objective. My terminators, dreadnoughts and veterans are useful for tying the enemy down in combat as are the HQ units and honour guard. And that is it!

EDIT: Thanks for the vote of confidence in my painting, it is nice to have someone say that honestly (all my friends are just being nice)

Project logs:
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-08, 12:32 AM

bazle's Flag is: Scotland

could you give some more details on the insignia? after reading red fury im doing a few successor chapters as im getting bored modeling BA now ive finished my company and half of the 1st and 10th!

ive also just finished the space wolves books so a mix of the two has grabbed my attention!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-08, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

Well here is a basic paint scheme... Bolter and Chainsword don't have Space Wolves, so I used Slamanders insignia instead. This is what my honour guard will look like after GS (although looking back now I will probably do the jump pack harness black)...

The basic troops will be the same but with a normal backpack and no cape

EDIT: that didn't exactly work.... I wonder why? anyway here is the link Colour Scheme

EDIT again: Sorry bazle I forgot your comments...mine is just the BA army list with a custom paint scheme and space wolf insignia. As I said, they are supposed to be a standalone chapter (First Founding, no successors) and I only used the BA army list so I could have assault squads as troops and an honour guard with JP's

Hooray! another EDIT!: Looking back through the fluff I realise it has changed a lot with the writing of the list. Now the only vehicles are drop pods and dreadnoughts

Project logs:

Last edited by BWLAF93; 11-02-08 at 04:36 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode