NTaW's Armies of the Imperium (with a side of Necrons) - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-06-16, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Getting closer.....still not happy. He's good enough to use in tomorrow's game so I'm not proxying anything but I'll be ripping those hands off and trying AGAIN after. I don't think I've ever struggled this hard at hand swaps.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-26-16, 07:59 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I don't think I've ever struggled this hard at hand swaps.
Sometimes the wax on wax off just isn't happening. Have you had another crack since this shot? How did the game go?

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #23 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-27-16, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
Sometimes the wax on wax off just isn't happening. Have you had another crack since this shot? How did the game go?
Tell me about it! I stupidly cut off the cuff (?) of his glove and have to recreate it on the sword arm. Pain. Plus the metal hand isn't quite the right scale which irks me. I haven't had another crack at it just yet, built up some Sternguard out of the BA Tactical box as well as the BA TDA Libby for some fun on the side. So many models to build....

The game went awesome (for me). My club isn't really interested in power builds without proper notice so my BA hold up quite nicely, though I suspect that my comfort with and knowledge of the army is why I do so well. A lot of the guys I face have what seems like infinite hours to devote to their hobby and I get out infrequently so I'm sometimes facing people as they are getting to know the true flavour of their new army. That game specifically was against an Iron Warriors army with a lot of hectic stuff to deal with. It was a while ago (seems even longer given that I became a dad in between then and now) but I remember three battle cannon toting walkers that game me a god damned hard time but the rest of his list is vague in my memory. I want to play moar!! I just cut it down to one job instead of two and my son's starting to get into an acceptable schedule so hopefully I'll be able to get some actual hobby/game time in the near future.

Here's the first step on my way to running the Archangels Detachment (1st Co. BA):

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #24 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-27-16, 03:24 PM

Quote:
(seems even longer given that I became a dad in between then and now
Me too, all my hobby at the moment is at the same time as trying to cram in uni, between caring for my wife and looking after my son. Congratulations! You have your own scratchbuild titan/poopmachine who may one day let you play a lot more games at home!

Quote:
Here's the first step on my way to running the Archangels Detachment (1st Co. BA):
That's a great model, and an awesome start to the Detachment!

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #25 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-27-16, 11:17 PM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Tell me about it! I stupidly cut off the cuff (?) of his glove and have to recreate it on the sword arm. Pain. Plus the metal hand isn't quite the right scale which irks me. I haven't had another crack at it just yet, built up some Sternguard out of the BA Tactical box as well as the BA TDA Libby for some fun on the side. So many models to build....

The game went awesome (for me). My club isn't really interested in power builds without proper notice so my BA hold up quite nicely, though I suspect that my comfort with and knowledge of the army is why I do so well. A lot of the guys I face have what seems like infinite hours to devote to their hobby and I get out infrequently so I'm sometimes facing people as they are getting to know the true flavour of their new army. That game specifically was against an Iron Warriors army with a lot of hectic stuff to deal with. It was a while ago (seems even longer given that I became a dad in between then and now) but I remember three battle cannon toting walkers that game me a god damned hard time but the rest of his list is vague in my memory. I want to play moar!! I just cut it down to one job instead of two and my son's starting to get into an acceptable schedule so hopefully I'll be able to get some actual hobby/game time in the near future.

Soooo, question. How Blood Angel-ly is he?
I want to get this guy, one of the best Librarians out there, and clean off/convert him to a more general Space Marine Chapter. I don't want more red in with my Mechanicus. Allies need to stand out and the ol' BA's don't really share tech nicely with the Mechanicus.
You know, they don't let us play with the toys first.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project
post #26 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-28-16, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

The pictures on the Games Workshop website are pretty clear, is there something that I can do to help explain what's going on there? I mean...it'll be a pain in the ass to get rid of some of those blood drops but it's plastic so it ain't that hard. It's more about what you replace them with.

You don't have to paint Blood Angels red by the way. They have lots of successor chapters that do not have red as a prominent color.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 04-28-16 at 02:46 PM.
post #27 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-29-16, 03:05 AM

Quote:
You don't have to paint Blood Angels red by the way. They have lots of successor chapters that do not have red as a prominent color.
As they say: "Khorne cares not from where the blood flows"!

Iraqiel

post #28 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-29-16, 09:03 AM

Quote:
The pictures on the Games Workshop website are pretty clear, is there something that I can do to help explain what's going on there? I mean...it'll be a pain in the ass to get rid of some of those blood drops but it's plastic so it ain't that hard. It's more about what you replace them with.

Yeah, the pictures are good, but it's always good to get a more hands on opinion.
As far as replacing the blood drop, I'm thinking just smooth over where the blood drop was leaving wings and/or purity seals put there. Unless, I can find tiny skulls to mount there. Marines love skulls.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Horus Heresy project
post #29 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-29-16, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
As they say: "Khorne cares not from where the blood flows"!
Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for Sanguinius!! er...something like that. I want to start a Khorne collection as well to give my BA some classic opponents aside from my Necrons. Just so happens my buddy gave me his 4th edition Chaos army that has 20+ 'Zerkers in it as well as some juggnernaught lord stuff. KDK here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roganzar View Post
As far as replacing the blood drop, I'm thinking just smooth over where the blood drop was leaving wings and/or purity seals put there. Unless, I can find tiny skulls to mount there. Marines love skulls.
Honestly I wouldn't. My opinions of the model aside, it's just too fiddly a process to accomplish in my eyes when this model exists and you can just find an awesome axe for him:

I'd sooner just paint him whatever way I want using the blood drops and say he's from X successor Chapter of whatever vanilla rules you wish to slop onto the game table. The joys of marines, right?

On the topic of my plog here, I have completely nixed any models from the vanilla 'dex. Sold the hammernators including the painted IF sergeant and am either going to sell the yellow Land Raider chassis I have or repaint it. I'm even thinking of selling my White Scar Captain conversion or scraping it entirely down again to remake him into a Libby on a bike and paint him red. BA or bust when it comes to marines, with the exception of my Deathwing force (shelved pending rules that let them be a standalone army again) and lone squad of Grey Knight Terminators.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #30 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-29-16, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for Sanguinius!! er...something like that.
Almost happened.

Quote:
Honestly I wouldn't. My opinions of the model aside, it's just too fiddly a process to accomplish in my eyes when this model exists and you can just find an awesome axe for him:

I'd sooner just paint him whatever way I want using the blood drops and say he's from X successor Chapter of whatever vanilla rules you wish to slop onto the game table. The joys of marines, right.
Fair enough, ntaw, it is a good model as well. When I get around to a Librarian Enclave he will probably be the first of it.
And I've let my son decided what Chapter we (mainly me) are painting. He picked Imperial Fists since his favorite color is yellow. (He would pick one of the harder colors to do good. Ah thank you airbrush for being an airbrush. )

So, looking forward to seeing how your BA collection grows.

Horus Heresy project

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode