NTaW's Armies of the Imperium (with a side of Necrons) - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-06-17, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

No problem @Old Man78

Did some more work on the white. There's a lot of feathers on those wings....might have to take breaks after each one of these winged gold bastards to maintain sanity.

DaisyDuke and Old Man78 like this.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-12-17, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

I managed to find the time to get my first SG model to a point where it could be based, little things like the chest scroll being empty at the moment still need to be done. I've kinda fell into a rhythm with the wings, but really and truly I think I hit each feather probably 6 or 7 times with my brush from black to white. Glad I only have 10 on these guys Guess I'll have to decide when I get to my Sternguard and Vets if I want them to have white or black iconography. Decided to go with purple for the power weapons/plasma since blue is the prominent colour of my Necron army.

Khorne's Fist likes this.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #103 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-23-17, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Finished building for now, lots more to go but I'm in a good place to get some infantry painted up now. This is the tray I've got to work through aside from my SG and jump pack DC. Left hand side is 12 foot DC and right hand side is a freshly and consistently (praise be to the Emperor) reddened pair of Sternguard squads as well as a Sanguinary Novitiate and Company Champion (ignore the Scouts and Razorback turrets for the time being).

I bought to wrong damn texture paint at the store and since I'm not going to be able to return to that location potentially until January I've sucked it up and tested a base. Without getting into what I had initially planned at all, this is Armaggeddon Dust washed with Seraphim Sepia then drybrushed with classic Bleached Bone (gotta use it somewhere). Considering painting the rim with XV-88 (again just to use the paint) but have traditionally done black. Anyone have any thoughts on this option?

Also it was suggested to me that I try a warmer purple for my power weapons but I'm at a loss, using Citadel paints, with how to accomplish such a thing. Maybe some red wash mixed in there somewhere...? I do like the idea. I think the reason it sticks out to me so much is that it's such a cold colour on an otherwise warm palette.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #104 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-23-17, 02:08 AM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

On the Armageddon Dust, I use it for my Death Guard/Nurgle base. Iíll wash it with earthshade, sepia or fleshshade then drybrush with bone. This gives a varied but consistent set of bases. Though, I use this for Nurgle things I usually glob Nurgle's Rot in places as well.
Iíve liked how itís turned out.
Though sometimes Iíll use the other Armageddon cracked paint (forget the name) in the exact same way, or use them together. Again adds variety but maintains a consistent style.
ntaw likes this.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project
post #105 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-24-17, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

I'm going to try and base a couple models, just got a few adapters for the models whose feet were too dainty to break off old 25's; now my whole army is on 32's and it's glorious. Hopefully will have a couple to show soon.

In the meantime I have fully magnetized the front plate and underslung weapons of my unpainted Furioso, who will be up next for The Reddening. I may not have a fully painted army but I'll be damned if I put models only primed on the table at the point I'm at with these Angels

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode