NTaW's Armies of the Imperium (with a side of Necrons) - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-18-17, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Thanks @Iraqiel , he has turned out quite nicely. Been thinking about doing the blue gem look down the front loincloth lookin' thing as well, might have to next time I have my blue paints out.

....oh, they're out are they?

@Swede , yeah I get you. As soon as I typed it I felt like it was a bad idea.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-20-17, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Particle shredder complete.

Three Wraiths (black and silver done), five Lychguard (based black), and two more Scarab bases to concoct and I'm at 2k.

That's pretty exciting for me as I haven't had an army this big painted since the mid 90's.
Old Man78 likes this.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #93 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-05-17, 05:44 AM

Myen'Tal's Flag is: USA

Wow, both your Blood Angel and Necron armies are looking very sharp, Ntaw! I always found the sheer amount of highlights on more recent Necron vehicles somewhat intimidating, but you've managed them really well, they're both vibrant and clean. I like them. I am curious about how you repainted the green plastic on the necron warriors' gauss flayers. Could you give some pointers on how you achieved that?

“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
-Glen Cook, The Black Company

Tales of Heroism and Bravery, in the 41st Millennium and the Old World. Perhaps some Realm Gate Wars in the future .

Gods' Hall (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=161618

The New Word (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=121879

post #94 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-05-17, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Hey, thanks @Myen'Tal . My recipe for the blue is has changed in application since I painted the Warriors, little smoother now:

-Base with Kantor Blue.
-Light drybrush Ice (Hoeth?) Blue, second layer of drybrushing toward the brighter bits.
-Light drybush of white around the brightest parts followed typically by a bit of pure white at the brightest spot.
-Paint with a very watered down Guilliman Glaze, I keep it really thin for control (a lesson learned as I went) as it gets applied in case I need to adjust the gradient at all (also known as me being sloppy with the blue and white).

...if on the off chance you're asking if the acrylic itself was odd or whatever to paint, I put the green sticks in before priming and it was fine. I could definitely see them being a pain if you didn't spray them first as the watered down paint would slide all over.
post #95 of 105 (permalink) Old 09-05-17, 05:46 PM

Myen'Tal's Flag is: USA

Quote:
...if on the off chance you're asking if the acrylic itself was odd or whatever to paint, I put the green sticks in before priming and it was fine. I could definitely see them being a pain if you didn't spray them first as the watered down paint would slide all over.
Yeah, I also meant to ask that too. Didn't realize that primer could work on them. Thanks for the quick reply!

“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
-Glen Cook, The Black Company

Tales of Heroism and Bravery, in the 41st Millennium and the Old World. Perhaps some Realm Gate Wars in the future .

Gods' Hall (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=161618

The New Word (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=121879
post #96 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-25-17, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Wow it's been a while, eh? I sold 70+ BA infantry the other day, I'm now focusing entirely on the 1st Company w. SG and DC accompaniment. Here's where I'm at with the first SG to go past gold:

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #97 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-30-17, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
Well I'm excited to see that, at the very least! The Libby already looks incredible, I'd love to see some of the less detailed minis brought to that standard.
Ha! Stole your post and put it here so I can more appropriately talk about it. Thanks for the kind words, that Libby is actually a quite old model/paint job. I think I did it somewhere during 6th edition.

As for less detailed minis...well, those are what I sold. Almost a full Battle Company's worth; what I was planning on making into the 5th Company but I was really hating how many reds they were from being painted over the course of several years and paint collections. I'm now focusing entirely on the 1st Company with Death Company and Sanguinary Guard attachments using only fancy BA sculpted models.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 10-31-17 at 01:07 AM.
post #98 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-30-17, 06:32 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

@ntaw , what colour did you base coat that S.Gs wings, left shoulder symbol and sword guard with? I'm using a lot of white on my marines and have been struggling to find the right shade of grey to base/shade with, that colour could well be the ticket

post #99 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-31-17, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

I used Rakarth Flesh as the base for my white, next it will get Agrax then Pallid Wych Flesh and a pure white edge highlight. Celestra (or whatever it is) is another option, mine is a warmer brown/white and the Celestrwhatever is a colder blue/white reality.

To show you how much patience I have for painting, here's 5 Sternguard I built today instead of even looking at a brush:

Old Man78 likes this.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #100 of 105 (permalink) Old 11-04-17, 04:41 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

@ntaw , cheers for the tips pal, I'll give that a bash
ntaw likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode