Nearly completed Mordian army... - Page 13 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 122 (permalink) Old 07-15-17, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Lord_Murdock's Flag is: Canada

Oh, it's not the big gun shields over the barrels (I'm not nearly adventurous enough to try sculpting those!), just the little red and white ones underneath. You can see them better in my prototype posts a couple up. Thanks anyway though!

So, my Valhallans have arrived! I've already given them all their gas masks and helmets to match the equipment of my Vostroyans. Here they are, before I prime them:

That's two squads with Flamers and Mortars (I have to make due with what I can get when it comes to these guys...), and a command squad with a Rocket Launcher and a tattered old flag. It's a motley crew of various primer colours/paint schemes right now, but they'll look good when I go over them all myself and start painting them.

I think I'll get another Tauros for my Vostroyan command squad, and use the old Tauros I already have for this one. Turns out, the rules for Veterans right now are pretty bare-bones, so it seems like a good idea to call my Vostroyans storm troopers (Tempestus Scions? I don't remember what they call them now), and keep my Valhallans as regular guard. That way, the models that are meant to have better armour and lots of special weapons can still have them. A good compromise, I think. That, and I can use some of those sweet weapons the storm trooper Tauroses get.

I've ordered the relevant Indexes from Forgeworld, because the normal ones don't have rules for the Vendetta Gunship. Depending on whether I can fill it with troops or not (like I used to be able to back in the day), my Chimera will either remain a Chimera to be used by the storm troopers, or I'll convert it into a Hellhound or one of its variants. I have a set of the old metal fuel tanks kicking around, so it won't be difficult to do.

Anyway, that's enough to keep me going for a while. C&C are always appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 122 (permalink) Old 10-10-17, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

Lord_Murdock's Flag is: Canada

Well, it took a few months, but I've finally finished my small platoon of Valhallan troops! Here they are:

I'm quite happy with how that pig-nosed officer turned out.

So, now I just have to take a look through the new codex when it comes out to see what changes I need to make to my armies. I'm still super disappointed with what they did to blast weapons (since as I'm sure you've noticed, I make heavy use of them in both my ork and guard armies. Or, at least, I did when they weren't absolute garbage), but besides that I'm pretty excited to see what 8th edition brings! Maybe 9th edition will bring back my blast templates...

I'm also doing some experimenting in an effort to make my Valhallan/Vostroyan vehicles look better. That Chimera I have will be my test dummy, I've done a bit of work on it already. Here's hoping it turns out nicely in the end.

Besides that though, I think I'm gonna go back to painting up some more Necrons for a friend of mine, so my guard and orks will be on hold for a bit. Oh, and are my images going through okay? It seems like Photobucket is going crazy these days, so I might have to switch to some other method of uploading.

C&C are always appreciated!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode