Blackadder's Landkreuzer P500; Die Wühlmaus - Page 25 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 244 (permalink) Old 09-23-16, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Blackadder's Flag is: USA

Default Painting the Super Baneblade:

Painting the Super Baneblade:

Today I bit the bullet and began painting my Super Baneblade. For those of you unfamiliar with this project, a bit of history. My son and I many years ago were novices in the FW genera of Wargaming hardware so as usually the case my son began collecting Leman Russes and other IG equipment which he and I painted in the popular OD Green and Beige of the Imperial Guard. The Leman Russes looked to me like archaic WWI British tanks with a few turrets so to not take over his projects I started shopping around for a more challenging model to build. It was then that I clapped eyes on the recently introduced Baneblade; it was love at first sight...... until I saw the price!

Not being a millionaire or likely to win a jackpot lottery as I don't buy tickets I thought that it might be fun to try scratch building a Baneblade. I'd never really done any serious scratchbuilding in styrene before but I have built a few "Plank on Frame" sailing ship model hulls with reasonable success. What really started me was finding IBM Ribbon printer cartridges were wonderfully adaptable to making a solid hull framework. At that time I also began a Lucius Warhound because..... well because I'm certifiably crazy but we needn't go there. Well to not make a long story too long I began building the hull, turret and tread housing and had just got to a point where it was beginning to look like a Baneblade when I won a bid on ebay for a derelict Baneblade for a hundred bucks. When it arrived I found my scratch effort was in pretty good proportion but almost half again bigger than the standard FW model.
Old Man78 likes this.

"It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 244 (permalink) Old 09-24-16, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

My Baker's Dozen Of Super Heavies:

While I'm at it and feeling ambitious this might be an opportune time to finish off the derilicts I've acquired over the years.

All the tanks you see here were purchased on ebay over the past six years in various states of disrepair. I broke them down into their component parts cleaned and refurbished the parts and primed so they are ready for reassembly

http://i.imgur.com/idojgO4.jpg

Some of them need scratch built parts to complete them and one needs a turret; I'll make that into a recovery vehicle.

http://i.imgur.com/PU4Pajn.jpg

Now for a bit of a guessing game. Aside from the obvious Land Kreuzer one of these is entirely scratchbuilt except for a few bitz and one is a rebuilt Armorcast Baneblade built to look like a FW model; can you find them?
Old Man78 likes this.

"It is easier to deceive people than it is to convince them that they have been deceived."
post #243 of 244 (permalink) Old 09-24-16, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
.......................On a final note to this particular project would you consider or have you considered doing support vehicles such as recovery vehicles or ammunition carriers?
See my latest post.
Old Man78 likes this.

post #244 of 244 (permalink) Old 09-24-16, 10:15 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

The scratch build is front row first on the right, and the armour cast is front row second from left, is my best educated guess!

P.s looking forward to the bergbaneblade!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode