A Loli: Some Assembly Required - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-20-15, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well day off work, hobby progress! Just a single model but hey its something.

Started up on the first of my Castelax, largely finshed up, need to settle upon a base, but I'm still yet to decide on a basing scheme for this army. Got to admit, the more I paint of these the more sad I am that it took me months to get around to finally painting them all. I brought all this back in June I think but only got some of it glued and none of it painted - I still have 3 more Thallax and 2 more Castellax to build up let alone paint -, whats worse I actually ordered more on Friday evening. Even though these models will never see the gaming table because of my local GW managers views on FW -let alone 30k- these are still my favourite army and I'm glad im finally getting around to it after work has been delaying me.

Went with silver instead of black on this Castellax, since when I was sponging my Thanatar I still had some black popping through so I had to cover up with a brush went I started using Rust and Oxide, I like the randomness of sponging, but I just couldn't garuntee the black being covered. So since ill be sponging silver anyway hopefully anything thats left showing will just fit right in.

Here we with a photo of what it looks like with a day of doing it, closer to my Thanatar now. Mini-bot!!!!

A second pic to show off the progress of my two mostly finished models.

2nd Castellax built up.

My first 3 Thallax Chohort sprayed.

Lastly I've managed to get some paint on my Magos.

Edit: Cant believe I've gotten this Plog to page 5, didnt think it would make it to page 2, let alone 5. Woo!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-20-15, 11:23 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Hey Loli, great thread, great work, love the fact you sold led both kidneys to get all that mech goodness. I especially love the weathering on the raider and the worn metallic finish on your mech stuff. Cookie me thinks most deservedly

post #43 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-21-15, 03:35 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Wow, Loli great stuff Admech is a dream army of mine to build but I lack the funds at the moment.
I think I will just have to look at yours while I touch myself tonight and dream.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.

post #44 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-22-15, 12:05 PM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

Keep it up Loli. Those blessed machines are looking great.
Eventually I'll get some of those things for my Admech army.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project
post #45 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-24-15, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Jeepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
Hey Loli, great thread, great work, love the fact you sold led both kidneys to get all that mech goodness. I especially love the weathering on the raider and the worn metallic finish on your mech stuff. Cookie me thinks most deservedly
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
Wow, Loli great stuff Admech is a dream army of mine to build but I lack the funds at the moment.
I think I will just have to look at yours while I touch myself tonight and dream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roganzar View Post
Keep it up Loli. Those blessed machines are looking great.
Eventually I'll get some of those things for my Admech army.
To all of you thanks and much love, and whoever rated this thread 4 stars, thank you very much. To even get such feedback, makes me happy even though I'm so critical of my own models.

Let Loli tell you a story. When I was an even younger Loli and first getting into the game during 4th edition, me and my friends all went to GW after two of us had gone to the beginners day a few days prior - was brilliant Ultramarines trying to get to a beacon before being overrun by 'Nids - each beginner had a 5 man marine squad to use as they wished, i gloriously charged my marines at a Carnifex to buy the other beginners time. Should have been there, I got mulched but I fought to the last marine I tell you! - anyway we all picked up our codices for our armies, I brought Firewarriors, Stealth Suits and a Commander all because they didn't have the Battle Sisters in Stock. We all went home to build and paint, I had chosen Mithril Silver scheme with Ice Blue and Pink on the weapons and plates. It was beautiful I tell you! Following weekend the four of us booked a table and went for a game, my Tau along side IG against Tyranids and Orks. We were all getting into it, people were watching. Then when one of my turns was over and I was removing my fallen Vespid from the table I started listening to the people who were near me. And they were laughing and commenting rather harshly regarding my painting and my awesome scheme of pink blue and silver. After hearing that my heart wasn't in the game, I list went home and didn't bring my models to the GW store for about 5 years. Creating this Plog last year was my attempt to build up confidence in my painting, even though I know I'm not the best painter and know I never will be, so to read all your comments really means a lot.

@morfangdakka , as honoured that I am to know you're touching yourself to my work, bear in mind I'm a Cyberborg Loli so my work could reach out and grasp your appendages rather tightly but unintentionally. So bear that in mind while touching.

@Roganzar , your painting puts my own to shame, so I can't wait to see what you do with these gorgeous models.

Quote:
"Bubbles"....?

post #46 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-24-15, 05:26 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post

Let Loli tell you a story. When I was an even younger Loli and first getting into the game during 4th edition, me and my friends all went to GW after two of us had gone to the beginners day a few days prior - was brilliant Ultramarines trying to get to a beacon before being overrun by 'Nids - each beginner had a 5 man marine squad to use as they wished, i gloriously charged my marines at a Carnifex to buy the other beginners time. Should have been there, I got mulched but I fought to the last marine I tell you! - anyway we all picked up our codices for our armies, I brought Firewarriors, Stealth Suits and a Commander all because they didn't have the Battle Sisters in Stock. We all went home to build and paint, I had chosen Mithril Silver scheme with Ice Blue and Pink on the weapons and plates. It was beautiful I tell you! Following weekend the four of us booked a table and went for a game, my Tau along side IG against Tyranids and Orks. We were all getting into it, people were watching. Then when one of my turns was over and I was removing my fallen Vespid from the table I started listening to the people who were near me. And they were laughing and commenting rather harshly regarding my painting and my awesome scheme of pink blue and silver. After hearing that my heart wasn't in the game, I list went home and didn't bring my models to the GW store for about 5 years. Creating this Plog last year was my attempt to build up confidence in my painting, even though I know I'm not the best painter and know I never will be, so to read all your comments really means a lot.
Good to hear you have over come that. I had a similar experience many years ago that kept me from painting any thing. Now I finally have time and I just bought an airbrush so time to get some Ad Mech and go crazy. Thanks for posting your work it is great to see it.

Quote:
@morfangdakka, as honoured that I am to know you're touching yourself to my work, bear in mind I'm a Cyberborg Loli so my work could reach out and grasp your appendages rather tightly but unintentionally. So bear that in mind while touching.
You say that like it is a bad thing Heck I might wave it in your direction trying to entice it. Besides I'm an ork so it gets ripped off. I will just snag one from a sleeping mate, he ain't using it, and have the mad Doc sew it on. So all good.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #47 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-24-15, 05:36 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Like all hobbies and interests in life there will be elitists who make themselves feel better by shitting all over other people, your work may not be the best but it is your baby, run with it and enjoy it

post #48 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-24-15, 09:04 PM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Honestly, I kind of want to see those models. Considering the Asian influence of their design and fluff those colors would work rather well. If you still have them post them up.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project
post #49 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-28-15, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Jeepers

Coming to a Plog near you

Quote:
"Bubbles"....?

post #50 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-28-15, 02:59 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Coming to a Plog near you
Yes!

Blurry forge world things and a Mechanicum book on Spider-Man sheets!

(=

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode