[Necromunda] [40k] [Inq28] [Inq54] [BFG] [WFB], Radu Lykan fails to make up his mind - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-27-14, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Radu Lykan's Flag is: England

Default [Necromunda] [40k] [Inq28] [Inq54] [BFG] [WFB], Radu Lykan fails to make up his mind

hi recently been trying to increase my online presence in order to get more feedback on my stuff
lately i have been trying to get my imperial guard done but slowing me down is an attempt to build some necromunda gangs that also fit into said imperial guard, also am a bit of a half job harry type guy, flitting from one project to the next. anyway i will be posting pics of whatever i get done in here

latest stuff

delaque necromunda gang/imperial guard desert vets

necromunda enforcers/scion counts as

necromunda hired guns/imperial guard carapace vets

necromunda pit fighter (fluff wise part of a mechanicus reclaimator gang) / servitor lol

currently participating in a paint one mini a month community project on the ammo bunker and have managed to get at least one model done every month so far so hopefully that will continue and there will at least be 1 update per month, don't hold your breath though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-29-14, 10:45 AM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Looking pretty cool so far. I like your enforcer and I can see the Judge Dredd look you're going for. I think the marine shoulder is too big though.
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-29-14, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

I was a bit shocked when the pads arrived as they are a bit bigger than your average marine pad. I was going for lopsided from the start though as I like the old fluff snippet somewhere that says marines left shoulder pads on a specific mark armour (I forget which) are reinforced as that is the side they are trained to present to the enemy whilst firing.
The fact that the sternguard shoulder pad is even bigger than a regular marines expands on this idea and as mentioned above gives my arbites a quasi shield that protects a lot of his torso.
there have been a few mixed responses to the shoulder pad across the forums, some love it, some not so much
having paid for 12 of the pads in one go i will be using them on all my arbites, waste not want not

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-29-14, 01:04 PM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Looking awesome mate. I like your imperial guard commander the most, it's a really sweet conversion. The enforcer looks good, less lithe but more powerful than the original necromunda enforcers in my opinion.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 10-29-14, 07:19 PM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radu Lykan View Post
hi recently been trying to increase my online presence in order to get more feedback on my stuff

necromunda enforcers/scion counts as
Holy. Shit.

Love. Will steal. More please.

post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-25-14, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torealis View Post
Holy. Shit.

Love. Will steal. More please.
oooh, i like you

"welcome to radu lykans log"
"eh?"
"you know the one"
"nah"
"yeah, it harbours the worst photography skillz in the known universe"
"oh you mean that radu lykan"

some carapace vets with meltaguns, getting stuck on these guys as i need some more forgeworld shotguns to finish them off, will see what xmas brings
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-25-14, 11:01 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radu Lykan View Post

I realy love what you did with that pipeline.
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-19-14, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

haskanael- it was fun making some necromunda bases from scratch, putting tube in more tube and adding rivets around the bottom was fiddly but worth it cheers

got omam done (12 out of 12!) by basing up a load of guardsmen, as the guardsmen were already done i thought i would get some terrain done a the same time so i didnt feel like i was cheating
bases

bases plus guard

terrain

the terrain was very easy and cheap to do, get an old cd, chuck a load of filler at it, wedge in some pieces of slate, let it dry, seal it with pva, add sand, seal it with pva then paint, now these test pieces are done am hoping to get a few more done ready for a desert table at some point
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-13-15, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

was just going to get an arbites done for omam this month after going 12 for 12 last year. that was the plan anyway, yaktribes current competition is for examples of law and order which the arbites would have fitted in to.
would have been so simple.......
in the list of eligible items arbites just happened to have the word vehicle next to it and so i dug out my chapter house kit for a wheeled chimera thinking it would be a little homage to mike mcveys old riot truck.
the pics below show that the chapter house kit doesnt fit the new chimera hull if it ever fit the old one who knows but as you can see with the kits side hull pieces lined up with the back of the chimera you get a serious over lap of over 10mm in some places

after some swearing i just glued the sides on and when that was dry i shaved and filed the side pieces down to the correct size then had to redo a lot of rivets due to the big shaved areas and fill in gaps with green stuff

currently waiting on some hatch fillers from zinge industries then spraying can commence. rules wise am magnetising this so if i ever get the bitz then it can represent both a chimera and a taurox depending on my mood

just in case it takes too long to finish the tank i got an arbites sprayed

any ideas on policifying the chimera?
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-26-15, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

gong to wimp out on policifying the wheeled chimera, i want to use it in my guard army as well so dont want to go too far on it. too much procrastinating on this led to me having to drop it for januarys omam and so i have started (nearly finished actually) on the enforcer i had sprayed in case the chimera didnt happen.

was in a rush so the wash is still wet, one more wash to go then basing

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode