[Necromunda] [40k] [Inq28] [Inq54] [BFG] [WFB], Radu Lykan fails to make up his mind - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-31-15, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Radu Lykan's Flag is: England

numerous factors led to the planned finishing of my 30 kursk ending up as one guy. again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-17-16, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

wasnt going to do the ammobunker one mini a month challenge this year due to some bigger projects hopefully coming up, with a test of my Alcari tank scheme nearly done i figured i will give it a shot and keep going til the inevitable failure

in the mean time the B&C have started a guard campaign that the new tank fitted into so i have also jumped on to that wagon, lets hope the wheels dont fall off too soon

anyway, here is as far as i have got on the hell hound/chimedon conversion i did a while back, just used washes so far for the weathering but have some forgeworld weathering powders on the way, hopefully they will arrive in time for me to get it finished

any tips on desert weathering for dark/black tanks is welcome along with any tricks for the powders cheers
post #53 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-30-16, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

One of the tactics used by Alcari hellhound crews is to rough up their tanks to appear as wrecks, sitting out in the open until something comes close to investigate. The investigators are soon roasted alive.
The crew of the hellhound below used this tactic extensively on its last deployment in a desert, often burying over 50% of the vehicle in sand to appear immobilized.

also got the battlecannon turret done

post #54 of 67 (permalink) Old 01-30-16, 06:50 PM
jin

holy moly sandman...
post #55 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-29-16, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

managed to get the taurox done before the B&C's Assault on Lutum deadline so the vow is complete. in order to get finished in time i had to skip the magnetised chimera bits though which means they wont get done for a while now. anyway pics

didnt hit this with much weathering as it will be doing double duty in the hives of necromunda where the sand doesnt make much sense. am thinking it will transport a unit of psykers in 40k and so a fluff blurb about the eerie-ness of the tank and the fact that even the sand doesnt want to be near it will happen at some point
post #56 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-01-16, 01:42 AM
jin

details pop just enough.
looks perfect.
yeah, weathering is toned down.
maybe just came out of the motor pool?
post #57 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-01-16, 07:42 PM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Looking good Radu. That command squad looks ace. How does the taurox compare sizewise to the original?

post #58 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-22-16, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

didnt really think about that, will check next time am in the garage

been trying to concentrate on tanks, am getting there but keep wanting to just grab random stuff and stick it together for realms of chaos, horuswaspretty(brotherinlaw) was fiddling about with beastmen for his warband so the temptation was great but i persevered

once horus went home though i cracked and started work on modelling my tzeentchian champion

human wizard with mark of tzeentch giving him extra attributes
his magic item was a chaos weapon with skeleton horde, savagery, singing, mighty strike, levitation and illusion
his tzeentchian rewards were a magical storage familiar and the reckoning of tzeentch
attributes were warp frenzy, crystalline body, birds feet and an extra head

i have puzzled over a way to do the two heads thing for quite some time(these were all rolled at the same time many moons ago) never finding two heads that looked right next to each other or a neck/torso that could hold them, last night whilst looking at the horrors srprue inspiration struck and the gaping maw of the horrors screamed the answer, a head within a head!
the heavily muscled torso will hopefully enable me to try to paint the glassy effect for the crystalline body mutation
the bird feet make him look really gangly which i like, considering tacking on the silly walk attribute

so here's where i am at with the pantheon so far, need to possibly add undivided and or malal ?
post #59 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-23-16, 05:24 AM
jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radu Lykan View Post
so here's where i am at with the pantheon so far, need to possibly add undivided and or malal
four seems to be the magic number with teams of bad guys.
post #60 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-18-16, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Stalling on the fantasy stuff after a dodgy paint job on a familiar, hopefully I will get over that soon
The russ' were submitted in time but awaiting a better pic due to washedoutness. Have entered the b&c ETL with a hellhammer and some ogryns, 800 points for my first vow.
The forge has been awakened, sacred construction rituals are in progress

Started building the hellhammer last night only to find I have lost my 3mm drill bit with which I was going to magnetise the sponsons so am now waiting for the postie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode