M's Inq28 - Inquisitorial forces - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-09-15, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

I have done some more work on this creature. After fixing the legs to the torso, the model looked weird, the limbs looked gangly, the stomach long and the bottom flat! In the inspiration picture the buttocks are quite high up and this was not the case with my initial mock up. The only way I felt I could rectify this was by re-sculpting the thighs. This was the first work properly sculpting limbs. It really helped having the plastic underneath. The muscles won't be anatomically correct because I just made it up, I figured it could all be synthetic muscle stitched into place to help him lift the great thing on his back!

~M

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-10-15, 07:08 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Shaping up nicely, thanks for taking the time to share the work in progress pictures with us!

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #43 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-13-15, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Slow progress on this one
I've decided I'm going to sculpt a lot of it and unfortunately that means a lot of drying time. I can't work on the arms until I've done the legs and I don't really want to work on the top until the arms and head are done...
But thankfully the legs are pretty much done!

I'm waiting on some bits, I've ordered from france before and even they have arrived sooner! But the plan is to have piping from the white tube on his right hand side up to a gas mask on one of the ghoul heads. I'm also going to add further detail to the loin cloth at the top.

~M

post #44 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-15-15, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

I've finished the legs now, unfortunately the left leg broke at the ankle to I had to pin it back. Once I'm back at uni where most of my supplies are I think I'll add a strip of plasticard to the front to hopefully provide a bit more support.
I've added the arms and started to sculpt them, although at the moment they look like arm bands!
I've added some detail to the loin cloth and also started word on the head and back

I think I might take a little break from this guy and work on something else for a while because although I do enjoy sculpting little bits. I'm finding it a bit taxing sculpting so much. I'm going to go back to kit bashing for a while!
~M

post #45 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-18-15, 04:17 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

He's a major project mate, good work so far.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #46 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-18-15, 08:42 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I've stayed kind of quiet, since I know this is an iterative, progressing process, though the raw base of the build hasn't over-impressed me just yet... but it's definitely starting to come together, with the addition of the top bit and half the head. I mean, by all means, feel free to take a break--it's your project, and all. I'm just glad that this one is finally nearing a place where I can feel justified in praising it, because Emperor knows the rest of your build have earned that praise!

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #47 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-18-15, 11:36 AM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

what tool do u use to make the tubeing?
post #48 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-06-15, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

@Mossy Toes - Agreed he wasn't particularly impressive or attractive. I post earlier shots because I like being able to see the process for myself and to have images to refer back to. I find the negative comments much more useful as they tend to point out things I haven't seen/thought about. Admittedly there wasn't much to comment on but don't hold back if you don't like something. Thanks for the comments @kickboxerdog - tentacle/tube maker, I think i mentioned it in a bit more detail earlier. Really easy to use, give it a google
Thanks guys

I've done a bit more. Not much but i think I've decided on a head.

I've started a couple of other conversions but my phone died before I could take photos of them

post #49 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-08-15, 02:45 PM

alasdair's Flag is: United Kingdom

Absolutely inspired work. Is that the head from on of the new admech kits, sicaran ruststalkers is it (the names always escape me)?
post #50 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-14-15, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Thank you guys

Rogue Trader - Inspired by some of Blanche's work. He's going to hold a cane in his right hand.

Advisor - head is blue tacked will be trimmed so the model is not so tall. Thinking of using a different head.

Crusader - a simple idea for a crusader. Waiting for the ad mech troops kit to arrive and I am planning to use the helmet from there. The body is a cast converted imperial guard torso.

~M

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode