City of the Damned: Building Mordheim - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-14, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Tha Tall One's Flag is: Netherlands

Default City of the Damned: Building Mordheim

Hello everyone,
Quite some time ago, me and some friends of mine decided we'd really like to play some Mordheim! The difficulty with this however, is that ideally you need an entire ruined city to play in. So we started buidling one. Having the most experience of us in building terrain, I gave some workshops on making buildings, and sometimes we come together to continue our construction for an entire day. Having few time in between to build, the process is slow but one day we'll get there. In this project log I'll post the scenery we are building, and gradually add battle reports once our campaign get's started, so you can see our city and warbands in action! During the campaign, I'll still add pictures of any new scenery or models we'll make.

For those who don't know what Mordheim is:

This is my oldest building, I started it construction before the plans of mordheim, but I made it so it stands quite nicely both as a standalone piece on a battlefield and amongst other buildings within the walls of morheim. It can be separated from it's larger base, leaving it nice and compact to fit within the city.

It was based on a cardboard skeleton, with planking added on the upper floors and a thin layer of foam on the lower. The roof was the most work, each cardboard tile hand-cut and roughed up. The windows are made of mesh on a paper background, with wooden borders. The foam was sealed using PVA glue. It is unpainted to show the materials I used.

Last edited by Tha Tall One; 08-04-14 at 01:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-14, 12:26 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

wow...you want me to love you? because thats exactly how you do that.
I tought my nepews to play mordheim and it is always funny! unfortunately i have to do with the old cardboard terrain set...

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-14, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

In a platonic sense, of course. I will modify the rules a bit to make it depend less on randomness and to balance certain warband builds more. It'll still be funny, but more fun!
Here's the old inn painted up:

With this base, it is suited for normal warhammer battles, but it is actually a tightly fitting outer ring:

This is how we'll be using it in Mordheim.

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-14, 05:29 PM

Loki1416's Flag is: USA

I approve of anything Mordheim. Your buildings are very impressive!
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-14, 05:34 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

that looks very good! always wanted to learn Mordheim but missing the people to learn it from
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-04-14, 09:57 PM

of course, platonic! (altough i worship Slaanesh, so you might never be shure...)
I just have noticed the w.c.

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-05-14, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all!
The outhouse is detachable from the base as well, so can also be placed somewhere in Mordheim.
Here's a small building I did in a very short time. The walls are completely made of foam, hardened with PVA. While the floor is thick with rubble, models stand still surpisingly stable inside the building. The small platform accessable by the stairs turn this small house into a formidable defensive position, as the stairway side of the house is the only direction in which can not be fired.

Last edited by Tha Tall One; 08-10-14 at 12:40 PM.
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-07-14, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Another small thing to liven up the city! ...Or rather not:

This piece is primarily made from matchsticks, planking and some thicker pieces of square wood. Put on a hardboard base with cardboard tiles. Hanging fellow from the zombie sprue, with the rope made from greenstuff, as well as the rope around the wrist.
I'm not sure if this guy still hangs here from the day the comet fell, or if he came to be this way more recently... Anyway, it serves as a setpiece to fill some of the more spacious areas in Mordheim. Desperate warriors can hide behind it for some cover, or use it as a grisly elevated fighting platform.
Hope you like it!
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-07-14, 03:57 PM

Really like it! Again, great stuff.

Quote:
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 08-07-14, 06:33 PM

Lemmy1916's Flag is: Switzerland

cool stuff buddy! as a former mordheim player i really approve that! i wish i had this kind of terrain to play back in the day

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode