Serpion5 joins the Pack [Space Wolves] - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-14, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Feed

Icon Serpion5 joins the Pack [Space Wolves]

So to be frank, I do not like space marines. They are bland, boring, generic poster boys with cookie cutter characters and sweet fuck all in the way of actual themes.

With one exception. The Space Wolves. Ever the only chapter of Space Marine that could hold my interest, and now my discipline has finally cracked. With the inevitable re-release of the SW codex (Codex: Vlka Fenryka???) I decided to make a go of an army from the codex, using the models, and running around a theme of my own concoction.

However, I did not want to just do generic Space Wolves either. They're too feral for my liking. Awesome in their own savage way, but not quite what I was after. The models were fine and the codex gave me all the options I needed, but the theme needed to be tweaked. So I decided that I would not be doing Space Wolves persay, but rather a lesser variant. Not quite wolves. More like Space... Coyotes?

So, there cometh my theme. Space Coyotes. A small chapter, scavenger by nature and cunning when on the hunt.

I have already formed a loose basis for fluff to motivate the list building, and it calls for natural similarities between the Wolves and these guys. Namely, the presence of large vicious furry pets.

So to begin with, a simple kit. A Fenrisian wolf kit, to represent my first Coyote Hunting Pack.

The kit was remarkably simple, with each body being in two sections, and each head also in two sections.

The completed pack.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-14, 01:16 PM
Craw-Daddy

Thats pretty neat that you chose Coyotes. Did you know anything about them before you chose that? My God Father is one of those older guys, and he always tell me stories about how more vicious they were compared to wolves and so and so forth.
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-14, 02:03 PM

Breaman's Flag is: USA

Interesting idea, sir! I'm excited to see how the models turn out. I've always liked the idea of doing variant animal themed chapters. Please keep us posted!

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-14, 04:39 PM

Warpath's Flag is: England

Sounds like a great theme, and I am a big fan of armies like this. What more can we expect? How do you intend to portray the scavenger side of the theme?
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-14, 04:40 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

would love to see how this progresses
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-14, 04:48 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Brother!

The heads are in two parts as well? Most interesting....
I figured these little doggies would build like the old WFB wolves. You know, two halves of the body with a head and a tail to attach.
Guess I was wrong

If I ever get the Sons on the go again, I want to add some of these.
"Here boy! Here! Heel. Heel! Drop it. DROP it..... Fluffles, put the Ork head down......!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-14, 05:11 PM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

I seriously Despise that Kit. for the same price you get twice as many direwolves from the Vampires, or you can get 10 wolf riding goblins. infact im pretty sure hellhounds if you can find them from WoC are 10 for that price aswell.
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-14, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
Thats pretty neat that you chose Coyotes. Did you know anything about them before you chose that? My God Father is one of those older guys, and he always tell me stories about how more vicious they were compared to wolves and so and so forth.
Aww, they're just big ol fluffy puppies.

But seriously yes, I've done some research into coyotes, animal and myth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
Sounds like a great theme, and I am a big fan of armies like this. What more can we expect? How do you intend to portray the scavenger side of the theme?
Mostly via tactics and loadout. Since my chapter will represent one at diminished strength, they will have resorted to hit and run guerrilla tactics and there will be significantly less in the way of vehicles and war machines with an abundance of trained coyote packs added in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Werewolf_Arngeirr View Post
I seriously Despise that Kit. for the same price you get twice as many direwolves from the Vampires, or you can get 10 wolf riding goblins. infact im pretty sure hellhounds if you can find them from WoC are 10 for that price aswell.
This is true, and I did weigh my options. In the end though, these were the best kit for the job. They were the only ones I could really tie a coyote feel to, most other canine kits are either too fel or too wolf. Plus, I just plain like the models better.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-14, 08:33 PM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

ahh more space puppies... i approve.
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-24-14, 10:58 PM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
This is true, and I did weigh my options. In the end though, these were the best kit for the job. They were the only ones I could really tie a coyote feel to, most other canine kits are either too fel or too wolf. Plus, I just plain like the models better.
fair enough, i use my WoC hounds, and if the new SW dex is worth my time and has more variations away from the SM dex ill finish my GS work on them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
coyote pack , space marine , space wolf , wolf pack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode