The Terror lords warband - Page 20 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-21-17, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Finished the loin cloth and washed the trim.
3F83F144-40C7-4C05-A1AD-5D47BAF67665.jpg
Unfortunately one of the flying nurglings has already broken off. And thatís just from some light handling..... whilst painting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-23-17, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Nearly finished......
960E0966-3E6F-48BC-ADE0-02FD684A8BA1.jpg
Any suggestions on nurgling skin tones?
post #193 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-25-17, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Hereís my nearly finished plague surgeon
70B690C7-D455-4A4C-8766-8C72E6B93202.jpg
Just the base to finish.
Now just Typhus and a bloat drone to finish for Saturday.

post #194 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-26-17, 11:27 AM

Looking good again dude!

For the wee nurgling, could you pin it back on? Might be worth seeing if you can pin it, but only glue one end - would potentially help for transport. Or magnets. Magnets are great!
Poor bugger doesn't want to be wasted, all those blessings of papa nurgle cant go to (toxic) waste!
post #195 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-26-17, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Dextus View Post
Looking good again dude!

For the wee nurgling, could you pin it back on? Might be worth seeing if you can pin it, but only glue one end - would potentially help for transport. Or magnets. Magnets are great!
Poor bugger doesn't want to be wasted, all those blessings of papa nurgle cant go to (toxic) waste!
Iíve already pinned it back on dude

Another update. Hereís where Iím at with Typhus
Just the weapon, head, small details and base for the win.
B17FD31C-44A0-4993-9436-3D34E4A559CF.jpg
I will put some pics of the list Iím taking to a local tournament this Saturday tomorrow.
Not everything is finished but itís all to a good battlefield standard.
post #196 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-26-17, 03:19 PM

post #197 of 232 (permalink) Old 10-31-17, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Unfortunately I completely forgot to take any pictures Saturday. All in it was a good day, in the end everyone played 3 games.
My list
Mortarion
Typhus relic armour prince with axe
2x 15 pox walkers
Death Guard 2x plasma and a fist
Plague surgeon
2 spitter bloat drones
Each round was a different mission and set up. Round one
I played an Eldar list with 3 wave serpents asurman, Jane zar, a Psyker dude some other heavy shooty tanks then a big squad of banshees, a big fire dragon unit and another large deep striking scorpions squad. This was the first time Iíve played against Eldar since second edition. As the codex was out on the day it was not aloud so he was using the index. I was expecting his close combat aspect warrior squads to rinse through my pox walkers but itís amazing how much they can take. And most surprisingly how much they can dish out. We set up on the diagonal battlefield setup, he had fist turn but I stole the initiative. Moved up and took three objectives. His turn he moved up and assaulted my pox walker line with his banshees who just couldnít really damage the toughness 5 pox walkers. He shot basicaly everything else at my bloat drones, one of which I made 8/10 dr rolls of a star cannon thing. Turn 2 I advanced the blob and chose my assaults the bloat drones split up one decimating his unit of fire dragons and the other shutting down two of his tanks. At this point his psyche got smited out I got Jane zars toughness to 2 and Mortarion took care of her. While my other pox walkers took on asurman. He did nothing on his next turn and the game ended 8/5 to me.
Second game was the relic on table quarters. Against what looked like a nasty genestealer cult list he had some las sentinels, four squads of guardsmen equivalents with mortars some characters, a patriarch and two max squads of stealers. I closed down my deployment so unless he rolled high on his infiltration I was all safe. Then I stole initiative grabbed the relic with toughness 5 pox walkers and a blob of my characters and let them come to me while my drones and morty killed his support units. Again the 15 man buffed walker unit just tanked and then brutalised a 20 man stealer unit and a patriarch with the help of the surgeon. The surgeon really came through for me in every game. Well worth the points for what he brings. I tabled the dude in turn 3.
The final game was the real test of death guard resilience against a admech list with some inquisition support. He had big shooter robots, stalker tanks, cawl and a load of other dudes i have no clue about backed by the lady inquisitor with the hat and a bunch of acolytes. Which he was using some old marines scouts on small bases which when looking at there stats I thought was a little suspect, but hay ho the dude seemed like a bit of a Richard. So with my lack of shooting I hunkered down and sent the lads over the top.
It was a spearheaded deployment with one objective in each deployment zone. He had first turn and as I expected shot everything at Mortarion. So my first turn Mortarion is still up and running on 10 wounds but due to terrain out of position to do anything but soak the firepower while everything advanced. At this point I had no choice but to leave the plague marines on my objective and move everything else forward. Thankfully Mortarion died to the last of his shooting leaving the rest of my army untouched. So the remaining pox walkers engaged his units the wound soaking mechanics for acolytes and characters is very frustrating. My drones took his objective. The previous turn he had killed the death guard on my objective and turn 3 he put his anti psycher assassin on my objective. Ran some tech priest over to his objective. .
At this time I thought I would have more time but this was not to be. Just as my hitters make contact with his centre and I basically shut down his list. iMovie my drone to his objective and he fails to kill the priest. He gets a turn 4 promptly eliminated my drone on his objective and the game ends conveniently after his shooting. Leaving me on a 2 points loss to his 7.
I came 5 in the tournament which Iím happy with. Each game I played my list worked exactly as planned. I just need to not get carried away trying to crush some one I have a personality clash with and remember to always play the mission. Thatís what cost me the last game and a higher placement.
For the future I think maybe in that environment itís worth swapping the plague marines for a Sorceror and some cultists. Getting Mortarion right up in there grill first turn would massively increase his effectiveness from a gun magnet distraction to a combat beast.
post #198 of 232 (permalink) Old 11-02-17, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Man Iím just realising how much I painted last week. Mortarion is done bar the rock and the nurglings. I then did the plague surgeon, Typhus and then another drone.
4E58A062-A455-4A66-8E7A-411D6F722F39.jpg

3A1688C0-D4DA-4F7D-9179-D438414B17FD.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7741D269-0D07-4A8C-87DE-26FEA45BB9AD.jpg (477.7 KB, 4 views)
post #199 of 232 (permalink) Old 11-10-17, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

So been building some of the new plague marines. Going to use the champion as another plague caster. Just canít think of anything to use for new arms yet so any suggestions would be welcome for inspiration purposes.
But hereís the new champion.
CAED1E7D-B2CE-4494-99C9-A72C1C48F6B1.jpg
I think he looks rather menacing!
post #200 of 232 (permalink) Old 11-10-17, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Ooh I found some bits....

2A89E7C6-88CD-4170-9EE6-A54023D7E8EE.jpg

Second plague caster built.
Khorne's Fist likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
chaos lord , decimator , dreadclaw , hellbrute.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode