So... been slightly ignoring this thread....
Let's recap a bit wha I've been doing:
There is my army. All playable units, rest have been recalled back to workshop (old stealers, rippers, hormagaunts and some of the warriors)
On the left back we have: Ymgarl Genestealers - nothing new to them - still waiting for eight more and four to have their heads converted to feeding tendrils.
Then moving to right: Three Carnifexes with Crushing Claws and twin-linked devourers. We'll get a close up:
All of the Carnifexes are magnetized - so if need be changing weaponry won't be an issue.
Then we have a in back right corner: 20 Termagaunts - you might be able to spot that all aren't exactly the same colour. The reason why is that finally my old Snakebite leather run out
the citadel paint conversion chart said Balor Brown matches, well it didn't. Then I did a mixture what sort of worked. Then I visited a GW shop and they recommended XV-88 and maybe add a hint of Balor Brown to it make Snakebite leather. Well, XV-88 works fine on it's own
I'll recoat them some day. Since they don't survive long, I'll finish them once I paint the rest of Termagaunts (approx 50)
Next row left: Zoanthrope and after that new entries: Two Biovores, not happy with the mouth and I'll repaint it soon.
Then a Magnitized Hive Tyrant, due a mistake. (I'd want to say FUBAR, but I'll leave that for my Guards) Magnetized weapon options for Hive Tyrant and Carnifex aren't intechangeable. Also I have wings for it what work with studs since magnets weren't able to hold the metal wings weight.
Next is my Trygon Prime with a Miasma Cannon, that is basicly a modified Stranglehorn Cannon turned upside down.
Finally we get to to front row: There we have on the left tow already seen Lictors, but now they have been joined by Deathleaper. I think it succeeded quite well and really happy with the result.
Now the Warriors, they had a magnetic conversion. All hands and the wings are magnetic, which makes much more useable in the future. Tyranid Prime had no such operation and remained the same.
My leader, my lord, my commander: Swarmlord. One of my oldest models, used to be a Hive Tyrant, but after I returned to game after few year break. I decided this should lead my army. Small conversion was needed due to my Bonesword requirements. The Boneswords for the Swarmlord are curved and for the Hive Tyrant straight. I wanted straight for all four, but after not finding any. Decided to convert one left hand straight sword to a right hand one and use curved ones for the lower hands. I must say that I am very pleased with the result:
Finally we come to a group of Raverners and Red Terror. Plastic Raveners need a little work still, but I count them as playable. Here is a close up of Red Terror:
Next on my workbench is Guards, fully magnetized to be either Tyrant Guards or Hive Guards. Magnetizing went haywire and now I have no interchangebility. It doesnt really mind, but is annoying finding always the right hands for each model. Lesson learned towards Carnifex magnetization which went perfectly, but waiting for more magnets to arrive.
But I have a priority work going in front of them. Blade Runners. They'll be a group of Warriors with fluff, I'll do conversions to their poses - to get them energetic and forward moving. They'll be entered to this months conversion contest and the Tyranid Prime to the painting contest.
Anyway this was all for now, thank-you for reading. (if anyone made it here alive)
Also thanks for the tips @Dakingofchaos