Building A Tau Army From the Beginning - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-27-14, 06:32 PM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Lol, stupid autocorrect. Cityfight

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-27-14, 07:05 PM
93rdSaphraDarkGuard's Flag is: USA

Might I suggest a fireblade for the fire warrior squads and a hammerhead with sub munition rounds. Those hammerheads always do a number on my Lemans.

93rd Saphra Armored Regiment: 128-101-13
Iron Warriors Warband: Destroyed
Raven Guard 6th Company: 29-19-7
Black Templar Reclamation Destroyed
Tau Bora'kan Hunter Cadre: 14-10-2
Unnamed Adeptus Mechanicus Force: Coming Soon!
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-27-14, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

dragonadam's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Might I suggest a fireblade for the fire warrior squads and a hammerhead with sub munition rounds. Those hammerheads always do a number on my Lemans.
Ok, i'll add it to the list. How do the fireblades work? Are they HQ choices that can attach to the fire warriors?

Quote:
Lol, stupid autocorrect. Cityfight
Haha! Ok, that makes more sense. Once i finish up the Fire Warriors i'll make a few bases and see which style is the most popular. Urban rubble was probably the way i was leaning anyway.

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-27-14, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93rdSaphraDarkGuard View Post
HQ
Cadre Fireblade - [Pulse Rifle, Photon Grenades, Markerlight]

Elite
(XV8 Crisis Suits seem pretty standard in any list and having them decked out in missile pods seems cool)

XV8 Crisis Team - [3x Crisis Shas'ui w/3x Missile Pod each, 6x Shield Drone]

Troops
(It seems all good lists have at least two Fire Warrior teams so i'll start with that. Load out is completely up for discussion)

Fire Warrior Squad - [11x Fire Warriors w/photon grenade, 1x Shas'ui w/Marker Light and Target Lock, 2x Shield Drone]

Fire Warrior Squad - [11x Fire Warriors w/photon grenade, 1x Shas'ui w/Marker Light and Target Lock, 2x Shield Drone]

Fast Attack
(Not too sure about fast attack but i've heard good things about pathfinders so i'll throw them in for the hell of it and take them out later if points are needed)

Pathfinder Squad - [8x Pathfinder w/photon grenades, 1x Pathfinder w/Rail Rifle, 1x Pathfinder Shas'ui, 1x Grav-inhibitor Drone, 2x Shield Drone]

Heavy Support

Hammerhead Gunship - [Railgun with Submunitions, 2x Gun Drones]

Ok, with suggestions this list is now up to 987 points. Do i need 2 Fireblades? Also, does the hammerhead seem excessive for 1000pt army? What should my load outs look like on my various units? For instance, does the war gear on the Fire Warriors make sense? I'm not playing tournaments but i still want to be efficient with my selections. I'm not sure if I've got redundancies happening or not.

Last edited by dragonadam; 04-27-14 at 07:27 PM.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-28-14, 01:37 AM
93rdSaphraDarkGuard's Flag is: USA

Well since the new Astra Militarum Codex came out my buddy who plays Tau has gone against me 3 times in 1000 point games (to keep them relatively quick) he got the snot kicked out of him the first game because he couldnt pen the 2 Lemans that I brought as an hq choice. The next two games he brought a hammerhead and those Pathfinders and it ended up being a pretty fair and fun fight.
And you probably only need 1 of those fireblades. Drop 1 and a couple gun drones to put in some of those nifty stealth suit and you now have an ace in the hole with fusion blasters

93rd Saphra Armored Regiment: 128-101-13
Iron Warriors Warband: Destroyed
Raven Guard 6th Company: 29-19-7
Black Templar Reclamation Destroyed
Tau Bora'kan Hunter Cadre: 14-10-2
Unnamed Adeptus Mechanicus Force: Coming Soon!

Last edited by 93rdSaphraDarkGuard; 04-28-14 at 01:41 AM.
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-28-14, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93rdSaphraDarkGuard View Post
Well since the new Astra Militarum Codex came out my buddy who plays Tau has gone against me 3 times in 1000 point games (to keep them relatively quick) he got the snot kicked out of him the first game because he couldnt pen the 2 Lemans that I brought as an hq choice. The next two games he brought a hammerhead and those Pathfinders and it ended up being a pretty fair and fun fight.
And you probably only need 1 of those fireblades. Drop 1 and a couple gun drones to put in some of those nifty stealth suit and you now have an ace in the hole with fusion blasters

Ok, that's some good info. I'll make those changes. Any Tau players out there want to weigh in on this? Particularly war gear on these units?
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-28-14, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

HQ

Elite
(XV8 Crisis Suits seem pretty standard in any list and having them decked out in missile pods seems cool)

XV8 Crisis Team - [3x Crisis Shas'ui w/3x Missile Pod each, 2x Shield Drone]

XV104 Riptide - [Heavy Burst Cannon, Twin Linked Smart Missiles, Target Lock]

Troops
(It seems all good lists have at least two Fire Warrior teams so i'll start with that. Load out is completely up for discussion)

Fire Warrior Squad-[11x Fire Warriors w/photon grenade, 1x Shas'ui w/Marker Light and Target Lock, 2x Shield Drone]

Fire Warrior Squad-[11x Fire Warriors w/photon grenade, 1x Shas'ui w/Marker Light and Target Lock, 2x Shield Drone]

Fast Attack
(Not too sure about fast attack but i've heard good things about pathfinders so i'll throw them in for the hell of it and take them out later if points are needed)

Pathfinder Squad - [10x Pathfinder w/photon grenades, 1x Grav-inhibitor Drone,]

Heavy Support

Hammerhead Gunship - [Railgun with Submunitions, 2x Gun Drones]

1000 pts

Last edited by dragonadam; 04-28-14 at 11:11 PM.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-28-14, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Off from work tonight, going to have some dinner and then a night of painting. Hopefully I can get half of this fire warrior squad done tonight. I'll post pics of the results later.
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-28-14, 10:52 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

I would try and shoehorn a riptide in over the stealth suits. I really like stealth suits but the riptide is just great both in terms of the model and performance.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-28-14, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
I would try and shoehorn a riptide in over the stealth suits. I really like stealth suits but the riptide is just great both in terms of the model and performance.
Ok, I do like the riptide a lot. Plus it would act as a very nice centerpiece to the army. What would be good load out?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode