Help With a Chaos Termie HQ - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-06-08, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Default Help With a Chaos Termie HQ

I've decided to use a Chaos Lord (maybe sorc if I get convinced) and since I'm new to this I was wondering what the best combo of weapons would be on him. I really want to model/paint him but I obviously can't do that if I don't know what weapons to use. Oh and the one stipulation is he's absolutely positively gonna be dedicated to Nurgle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-06-08, 04:11 PM

Blackhiker's Flag is: USA

Mostly how you equip your lord is determined by how the rest of the army is set up. So I would say post what the rest of the army is and then the lord should be made to fill a whole in your army.

If a child asks how Santa lives forever, simply reply he drinks blood.

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started to do the same thing to them at funerals.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-06-08, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Alright my 1500 pt goes like this:
HQ - 130 Minimum with Mark of Nurgle and Term Armor 135-160 Depending on Weapons
Terminators - 225 (Nurgle, Reaper Autocannon, 1 Champion)
Terminators - 205 (Nurgle, Heavy Flamer, 1 Champion)
Plague Marines + Rhino - 325 (2 Plasma Rifles, 1 Champion, Havoc Launcher on Rhino)
Plague Marines + Rhino - 315 (2 Melta Guns, 1 Champion, Havoc Launcher on Rhino)
Defiler - 170 (Twin-Linked Lascannon
Dreadnought - 110 (Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter, Heavy Flamer)

Since I'm new to it that's kind of an untested rough draft. Any pointers (or outright criticism) are more than welcome.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-06-08, 07:29 PM

BloodAngelZeros's Flag is: USA

My own Terminator Lord has the following:

Terminator Armor
Mark of Nurgle
Plaguebringer
Combi-melta
Personal Icon

My style of play tends to be centered around deep striking termies and daemons. Hence, personal icons tend to be on all of my units. I usually attached the Terminator Lord to some plague marines, march them up to a key enemy unit, have him detach and deep strike a unit of termies. Combi-melta comes in handy if you get in range of a tank (took out a baal class predator in a recent game). Plaguebringer is good for wiping tougher units like carnifexes, hive tyrants and the like cause of the auto-wound on a 4+.

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Oh so a two handed weapon doesn't mean I have to sacrifice my ranged weapon?
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 01:45 AM

nope. Regular Chaos Space marines come equipped with a bolt pistol, CC weapon and bolter standard. Even your plague marines do. You sacrifice the +1 attacks for having 2 CC weapons but a daemon weapon gives you D6 attacks plus your base attacks so it more than makes up for it. Now, in terms of modeling, I show both the combi-weapon and the daemon weapon (even if it's only shown as single-handed on the model, it still counts as being two-handed).

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 08:49 AM
For Da Boss

dirty-dog-'s Flag is: New Zealand

i would say the combi-melta also, the chaos lord that i will be using is

terminator armour
combi-melta
mark of khorne
blood feeder (khorne version of daemon weapon)
personal icon.

for the same reason as BloodAngelZeros

oh and don't forget to post pics when your done or still W.I.P

omgitsduane's # 1 Fan

Russian Winter Guard Thread

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 10:13 AM
Must Paint MOAR!

Riandro's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodAngelZeros View Post
nope. Regular Chaos Space marines come equipped with a bolt pistol, CC weapon and bolter standard. Even your plague marines do. You sacrifice the +1 attacks for having 2 CC weapons but a daemon weapon gives you D6 attacks plus your base attacks so it more than makes up for it. Now, in terms of modeling, I show both the combi-weapon and the daemon weapon (even if it's only shown as single-handed on the model, it still counts as being two-handed).
uhh acctually, the lord still gets his extra attck for having 2 CC weapons, if i remember correctly, a pistol counts as a CC weapon?

Tea drinkers of the world - UNITE - The wise words of Red Orc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Besides, sometimes you want a break from bolters and bretonians, and that's what penguin-tossing is for.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riandro View Post
uhh acctually, the lord still gets his extra attck for having 2 CC weapons, if i remember correctly, a pistol counts as a CC weapon?
He doesn't if he's taking a two handed weapon (which is what a daemon weapon is). Unless the chaos gods have gifted him with a third hand that it's assumed that both are being used to wield the two-handed weapon in CC. Unless I'm mistaken that he can take so much wargear he needs a rhino to transport it and continually switch between things in the midst of battle using a two-handed weapon one turn and then switching to a power-weapon and bolt pistol the next.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 02:01 PM
Must Paint MOAR!

Riandro's Flag is: United Kingdom

woops ok then! my mistake!

Tea drinkers of the world - UNITE - The wise words of Red Orc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Besides, sometimes you want a break from bolters and bretonians, and that's what penguin-tossing is for.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode