Help With a Chaos Termie HQ - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Thank you guys very much the help. But now I have another question for you: should I model a new manreaper from the staff they give you with the plastic termie lord or should I try to get my hands on a typhus model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-08, 11:00 PM

BloodAngelZeros's Flag is: USA

If you have an extra $20 to spare (or if you can find it cheaper elsewhere, but ebay prices were running aroundd the same with shipping last I check) go with the Typhus model. If not, model it yourself if you can make it look good to your satisfaction (i currently tried converting bolters to noise marine sonic blasters but they look horrible so as much as I hate to do it, I'll be forking over the money for the actual bits). Just to clarify something, I'm assuming you're modeling a manreaper for the plaguebringer weapon correct? Because the only one that actually carries the manreaper is typhus himself.

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-08-08, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I just mixed up the different edition names. I really don't know what a Nurgle weapon would look like other than a scythe. I'm just worried making the metal to plastic look good which is why I'm thinking about trying to just take some green stuff and make a scythe blade onto the staff you get.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-08-08, 04:59 AM

Yeah, that would work well. I like the look of a lightning claw so I stuck that on, used some green stuff and made it look like a rotting disease infested arm with sharp talons sticking out the end. Remember, with chaos, your imagination really is the limit when it comes to modeling things. The warp bestows all sorts of crazy versions of things. My champions have possessed marine arms for power weapons.

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-08-08, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I love doing that with my regular guys just to give them a little personality but I'm not sure if I want to do that with my HQ yet. I love the idea of making him more Nurgle looking but on the other hand he could look equally as good not all diseased up
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-08, 01:07 PM

My chaos termy lord just has a pair of lightning claws, not cos its the optimal use of points or anything, I just really like how it looks, and i generaly stick him with a squad of 5 terminators, so I can cut down power armour and most anything else. Also I have unconditional hatred towards necrons, so he's kitted out nicely to deal with them

"Let the galaxy burn!"
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-08, 01:38 PM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

WoW did not know the you got D6 attacks + your base attacks, been using my daemon weapons all wrong and it seems my oppenernt did not what to point this out.

For a plagueweapon my friend used the on off the mounted Nurgle WFB wizard
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-08, 02:13 PM

Yup, you get your base attacks as well. That's why most people won't bother with a daemonweapon unless it's the bloodfeeder. That gives 2d6+base attaacks so he could wind up with 16 attacks with the equivilant of a power weapon. Only problem with that is if even 1 roll is a 1 the attack fails so the more dice you're rolling the better the chances of getting a 1.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-08, 01:43 AM

Skreining's Flag is: England

The plaguebringer under the new rules is great D6 attacks + base and you get to re-roll wounds against anything less than T5.

On the modelling side of things before you spray it add spots of superglue to the weapon (and if you want his armour), then coat it in sand. This can be painted up to look really Nurgly.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Do one brave thing today.....then run like hell.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's a Plog!!
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-08, 02:38 AM
Great Unclean One

Svartmetall's Flag is: Wales

Just by way of possible inspiration, here's my current Death Guard HQ:

1) Lord Kothaar the Putrescent, with Terminator armour and paired lightning claws

He's a combination of Chaos Lord, Chaos and Loyalist Terminator, Possessed and Spawn parts.

2) Quorthon the Sorceror of Nurgle, with Terminator armour and force weapon

He's a Chaos Lord with a scythe from the WFB mounted Chapion of Nurgle acting as a Manreaper/force weapon.

Last edited by Svartmetall; 08-15-08 at 02:40 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode