Oldman's Burden! A Marine Plog - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 127 (permalink) Old 07-02-14, 07:18 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

The scouts in the rubble looks great! If you can spot them. Nice pred aswell!

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 127 (permalink) Old 07-02-14, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
Mate that is brilliant! Also, that shale looks surpriingly good as table top rocky rubble, i think i will have a look into it...
Thank you all for the kind words, @Iraqiel , I have the minis sitting on slate pieces, that I had sitting in plant pots, really a great material for bases and diaromas. I have used the G.W slate on my minis bases, in my head I want my chapters fortress monastery be located out on some highland plateau that they have scorched and blasted in all directions leaving a bleak and desolate landscape and want to try and reflect that on the models

post #33 of 127 (permalink) Old 07-03-14, 01:15 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Sounds like a very grim and forboding battlefield, i look forward to seeing a table like that if you get the chance!

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966

post #34 of 127 (permalink) Old 07-07-14, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Closet Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
Sounds like a very grim and forboding battlefield, i look forward to seeing a table like that if you get the chance!
Hahaha no pressure there mate, i can barely get a tac marine painted let alone do a board, but maybe........NO bad Oldman, focus! Okay a wee update with a little w.i.p on my landraider, waiting on the redeemer weapon sprue to arrive

post #35 of 127 (permalink) Old 07-08-14, 01:23 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Damn but you're getting good Andy. The snipers are excellent, I strained my eyes trying to make them out in the overhead shot.

On the LR, the hazard stripes on the assault ramp look great. I've always had trouble keeping them even, so much so that I gave up putting them on stuff. The weathering on it looks very realistic. Well done mate. keep it up.
post #36 of 127 (permalink) Old 07-08-14, 02:19 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

+1 to what @Khorne's Fist said!

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #37 of 127 (permalink) Old 07-08-14, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Closet Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Damn but you're getting good Andy. The snipers are excellent, I strained my eyes trying to make them out in the overhead shot.

On the LR, the hazard stripes on the assault ramp look great. I've always had trouble keeping them even, so much so that I gave up putting them on stuff. The weathering on it looks very realistic. Well done mate. keep it up.
Thank you both for the kind words and the sweet sweet rep (I'm a closet cross dressing rep whore!) Mate the hazards are not great close up to be honest, it was a last minute job last night, a base of tau cept ochre, then drew rough stripes with a pencil, used the old citadel black ink with a fine brush to mark out the black stripes as it goes on easier and neater than black paint, sunburst yellow over the ochre, then very light drybrush with abbadon black and then lead belcher, I'm happy with the result but the weathering and distance make it look better than it is.

post #38 of 127 (permalink) Old 07-08-14, 09:50 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

So long as it looks good from three feet, it's all good.
post #39 of 127 (permalink) Old 07-09-14, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Closet Dictator

Another wee w.i.p, I liked making my other landraider so much I forgot everything else and started the other one I had gathering dust,they really are great center piece models, and am trying painting before assembling, and today ordered x2 redeemer/crusader sprues!

post #40 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-12-14, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Closet Dictator

Wee plog update, because I have not enough to do,and because I have neglected my plastic crack for way too long! I have a wee shadowsword I'm making up, was gonna be a stormlord but just could not say no to a big barrel cannon (take that as you will)

And because of torealis and veteran sergeant, I'm having a crack at some tall scale marines, I've just lenghtened the legs on a few hacked up and badly stripped marines,sloppy work but just want to test the waters, had a few casualties along the way!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode