Vengrosian 32nd "Ash Bandits", IG Armoured company - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-08-14, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
Ah fool that i am, 'man on fire' is taken already.
I noticed this but figured i'd mention it after i had some more info for an update. It would have been ideal if i hadn't already used it.

Quote:
How about reign of fire? Dante's Inferno? Trogdor?
Dante's inferno i've not seen, i don't know why it doesn't sit right with me...i think it's because of Dante being a character in the 40k universe already. Trogdor is a whole nother issue, it seems i would have issues with it burninating the countryside, peasants and thatched roof cottages if i name it Trogdor.. Reign of fire i like, I might drop event horizon and save it for the next Destroyer i do. My Missus suggested "The Core" and i think i might try "Kiss of the Dragon", that will make up the triplet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorns Legacy View Post
Faia..... its simple and translates to fire from japanese, now i know japanese aint always used but it did Nagasana no harm from the Horus Heresy series while he was hunting renegade marines on Terra.

Failing that what about "Purifier of Hades" or "Immolater of Hades" ?

All good names however i'm trying to name each tank in the army after a film and as far as i can tell these aren't film names.

Bit of an update, i went to work today and was picking up some paints whilst i was there when i suddenly remembered that we had just started stocking the anarchy miniatures airbrush masks. I figured that there might be an opportunity to try something funky on the flame tanks so i picked up some of the scale pattern templates. The hotrod flames one was a little too cliche'd for my liking so i figured fire breathing dragon scales was a step in teh right direction. I pretty much got on with them as soon as i got home tonight, i might be able to paint this squadron before i go on holiday on Friday night.

I'm pretty happy with how they look, i think that once i get the other colours down the scales will be a little more broken up and once i've gotten the washes on they'll match the rest of the company a little better.

Oh also i found some old metal models that with a little work i was able to turn into an infantry squad. The Vengrosians are getting some ground pounders added to their force.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

So i'm on holiday which mean that i have had to put some of my larger projects on hold. I have however brought a couple of infantry squads with me. Including the guardsmen from the post above and some white panthers.

Here is the test mini for the guard, i decided to go really dark with their skintones because i felt pale skin might get lost against the camo.

post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

So after a couple of days on holiday i've managed to get a load more of the infantry done for my guard, they're taking a lot longer than i was expecting. There are so many different inks in effect that i seem to be constantly having to wait for a model to dry. Normally i would move onto the next in this kinda situation but i can't seem to get myself in the right frame of mind for that kinda painting. I'm focussing on one guy at a time and making sure each one is how i want before moving onto the next.

Even now looking at these pictures i can see one guy who needs one of his eyes fixed and a couple of pouches that i must have missed when i went over with the washes.

Anyway, here are the shots of the squad so far. I'll also mention that because i'm not at home i am having issues with lighting in these pictures.

Missile launcher (the loader is still on the painting board)

2 New grunts (I imagine the guy on the right as being a rookie who hasn't ditched most of his gear yet, or maybe he's a packrat who has borrowed some additional fatigues from another regiment...who knows)

The Sargeant

And everybody hanging out together.

post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 07:37 PM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

Ummm comander.... It specifies in the uplifting primer that defacing or customising
Imperial equipment is punishable by death at the hands of the nearest commissar.
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 07:59 PM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Love the stencilled patterning on those hellhounds.

And classic guardsmen! Amazing!

post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 09:12 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Great work on the guardsmen, i think the skin tone works really well with the colours you've chosen. You've managed to get a lot of character into these chaps

I'm not 100% sold on the scales but i agree they should look really cool once the details are finished

p.s if you wanted films with a fire theme, surely you have to have a tank called backdraft!?

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 10:08 PM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Looking very good! Your guard would be welcome to repel the ork menace beside mine any time. I love the 'irregular' look you've gone for, it works really well and I think will fit in well as a group of grizzled mechanised veterans who have to put up with tankies all the time!

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-20-14, 11:42 AM

alex_mac47's Flag is: Australia

Really like the desert camo. Nice and simply but offers a really strong and dramatic effect!

Also always positive to see former lost souls return to the Imperium!

"Forward we go, unto victory or death!"
Laurence Kronos
Commander 4th Bde
Coronan 51st Grenadiers Regiment

Army Log: Coronan 51st Grenadiers Regiment - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...y&army_id=1034

Project Log: Coronan 51st Grenadiers Regiment, 4Bde - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...54#post1686354

Terrain Log: Terrain Time - not with Tim the Tool Man... - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...01#post1907601
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-22-14, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Unhinged Hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho libre View Post
Ummm comander.... It specifies in the uplifting primer that defacing or customising
Imperial equipment is punishable by death at the hands of the nearest commissar.
I Assure you Lord Libre that no Soldier within my Regiment would ever deface their equipment. If however their wargear turns out to be of a substandard quality and is damaged then i have no problem with them using substitutes until such a time as they are able to find the correct replacment. If i catch anyone breaching these rules then i shall be sure to notify Commissar King, as soon as he's finished airbrushing purity flames on the side of his chainsword.

Brigadier Grimzag

Quote:
Originally Posted by torealis View Post
Love the stencilled patterning on those hellhounds.

And classic guardsmen! Amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
Great work on the guardsmen, i think the skin tone works really well with the colours you've chosen. You've managed to get a lot of character into these chaps

I'm not 100% sold on the scales but i agree they should look really cool once the details are finished
it seems to be a mixed thing with the scales, my missus likes them more than i do. I'm really hoping that they get broken up a little by the other colours.
Quote:
p.s if you wanted films with a fire theme, surely you have to have a tank called backdraft!?
Not sure how we missed this. I'm also not sure what logo i would paint for it. Each tanks has a little logo to go with its name. Reign of fire will be a crown made of flames. The Core will be a planet splitting open with the flames coming out. Kiss of the dragon will be a set of lips made of flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
Looking very good! Your guard would be welcome to repel the ork menace beside mine any time. I love the 'irregular' look you've gone for, it works really well and I think will fit in well as a group of grizzled mechanised veterans who have to put up with tankies all the time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_mac47 View Post
Really like the desert camo. Nice and simply but offers a really strong and dramatic effect!
Also always positive to see former lost souls return to the Imperium!
If i'm ever Ozways i'll have to try and bring my guard along. See if we can set up a megabattle against some xeno's, heck if i bring my brother then we could have a mega ork vs guard game.

Update time.

I've more or less finished the infantry squad, well as much as i can until i get back home. I don't have flock or greenstuff with me so that'll need to wait till i'm back in Blighty. Also the pictures are poop so again i'll need to dig out my lightbox area when i get home.

For now here are the nearly complete WIPS

Continuing my nameing theme i've decided that all of the characters in this army will be named after authors that i like. With that in mind the Corporal for this squad is Corporal Koontz with his second Lance Corporal Child.

I wasn't happy with the conversion that i'd done on Child so i've taken her arm off and the backpack off, i'll resculpt these then i get home, the rest of the model is painted so this shouldn't take too long to complete once the greenstuff is dried.

And a group shot, pretty dark but i can't help that right now.

post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-22-14, 05:41 PM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

The only thing that detracts from the overall feel for me is the eyes. You're brave to have a go, and clearly have some skill, but they're not perfect. And in my view, eyes are something that have to be dead on, or they just look a bit goofy.

Also not a fan of names on the bases.

Sorry to be a Debby downer.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode