Alasdair's Painting Projects - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-14, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

alasdair's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Alasdair's Painting Projects

Hi there

In the past I have had many failed plogs here on Heresy, but I have recently found new motivation and have been churning out loads of fun projects which I would love to share with you guys. There will be a large range of different stuff here hopefully, so stay updated!

At the moment I have a few ongoing projects, namely a 600pt Tau Empire force, a 1000pt retro Estalian army, a Dark Elf Bloodbowl Team, and some Bakemono for GCT's 'Bushido'. In the future I have plans for some Chaos Marines (I have just started painting a mock up model) and maybe some Dropzone Commander!

But to kick this log off here is a guy I entered for a local painting competition (and won!) under the theme 'Rampage'.

Yes, it is the old metal Grom the Paunch! Was fairly happy with the result. The blood is very ott and cartoony but that was the general gist of this model anyway!

Until next time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-14, 10:10 AM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Very, very awesome. Utter kudos for using a great, classic model and doing an incredible paintjob. Very jealous.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-14, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torealis View Post
Very, very awesome. Utter kudos for using a great, classic model and doing an incredible paintjob. Very jealous.
Thanks! I have been looking for a reason to paint him for a while.

Here are the current state of two more projects: The Bakemono and my Dark Elf Blood Bowl team, 'The Hag Graef Harriers'.

The Bakemono are currently in the undercoat stage. I have used Secret Weapon bases on them and have some water effects to create some nice marshy landscape hopefully.

I cannot reccomend the Bushido range enough. The models are absolutely gorgeous, a great treat to model and paint!

And secondly, the Dark Elves. In quite a different state. This is a project box which I use for small groups of specific models so I can model them individually. So far most of them are just legs (from the Corsair kit) and heads (from the Corsairs and Black Knights) with a few possible accessories in the large compartment including punch daggers and hidden knives.

My team is going to consist of 4 Linemen, 2 Runners, 2 Blitzers, 2 Assassins and a Witch Elf. On the sidelines will be two Cheerleaders, the Coach and an Apothecary. Im going to be using Shadowblade and the Finecast assassin with minimal conversion work for the assassins, the new Witch Elves for my Witch Elf and Cheerleaders, and I am currently undecided about the Coach/Apoc. My thoughts are still with the Dark Eldar range for the Apoc, possibly a converted Haemonculus. No idea for the Coach.

Until next time.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-14, 05:41 PM

Nice system! I need something that organised...

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-14, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

So you know I mentioned my
Quote:
Originally Posted by alasdair View Post
Estalian army
? Thought I would show you some pics of that as it is going to be one of my major army projects alongside my Tau. You may also possibly recognise them from a short lived plog on Warhammer Empire, before I had to take a break from wargaming.

So here they are!

Cannon, Volley Gun, 20 Swordsmen, 10 Handgunners and an Engineer in total, and oh my god you have no idea how much these cost me. They only pop up on ebay or trading websites once in a blue moon and considering most of these models are older than me, they were an arm and a leg to get hold of.

Here are some close ups:

These pics are actually slightly old, as since then they have been undercoated. I have painted a sworsdman as a test model and am moderately happy with him, however I am finding it incredibly difficult to replicate the quality of the stripes on the trousers and the eyes in particular. Therefore this might be a slow going project!

Other updates include that I am having difficulty painting the Bakemono to a quality I am happy with so may strip them and have a second go, and that I am in the process of locating various bitz for the Dark Elves!

Soon I hope to have some pics of my Tau force as it currently stands.

Until next time!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-14, 10:26 PM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

lovely work.....
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-14, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

So here's an update of sorts.

To give you a bit of background, I am going to be working on 4 armies hopefully this year. One of them is almost done too!

They will not only be for casual gaming, but each will be planned to take to a certain tournament each.

They are: 2000pts Night Goblins, 1000pts Estalians, 600pts Tau Empire, and finally..

My recent order from Forge World is the start of this new army, 1500pts in total:

My poor wallet. But yes, it will be 1500pts of the best legion around, the Iron Warriors. I have been thinking about this ever since the first whispers of Forge World covering the Heresy came about, and have finally decided to get it going. This will mean I will have to put certain projects on the backburner for a while, namely my Bushido stuff. I will try to get on with my Estalians and since the Blood Bowl project at the minute is literally finding sources of Bitz (Male Wych bodies and 2 pairs of Hydra Gauntlets atm) they will probably keep on going.

To finish my Tau army at this point is literally 4 more fire warriors and then a bunch of painting. The night goblins were always going to be a slog but they are pretty damn easy to paint especially since my scheme incorperates the use of 'The Fang' spray:

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention that as extra motivation to get on with my Estalians I have entered the Engineer to the Heresy Painting challenge for February.

Until next time.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-05-14, 04:05 PM

Incredible consistency. Love it.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-10-14, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

A quick single pic update!

First 6 Iron Warriors built, just a bit of liquid greenstuff here and there and some filing and they will be ready to base and spray.

The other four will remain unbuilt for the moment as they are for command models/special weapons which are yet to arrive in the post.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-12-14, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Hi guys!

My Bits&Kits order arrived, and I jumped straight into building some blood bowlers!

Firstly, the 4 linemen:

These guys are the core of the team. With two of them packing hidden weapons you don't want to get caught up in a nasty tackle when the ref is looking elsewhere.

And two runners:

Dark Elves are renowned for being masters of the running game, and when these guys get the ball they won't be letting go without a touchdown.

I am pretty pleased with them all apart from the right hand runner. I feel like his head is too large for his body.

To finish them I need to greenstuff their waists a bit and fill in the helmet cavities on some of them, clean up moldlines, and obviously give them hands. I also will file down the vents on their backs to just flat cloth or armor probably.

Until next time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode