Scenic Display Board for Dark Angels. Take a peek. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-08, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Bloodhound's Flag is: Australia

Location: On a mountain arguing with a yeti about whether or not I can use their computer.
Default Scenic Display Board for Dark Angels. Take a peek.

So after seeing Squig's Cron and Eldar dispay boards, I decided to take a crack at it myself.

The base will be a dead/dying lava world.

I will have a massive crater in the back of it with lava spilling from it in rivers which will go between some model's legs (so I get a scenic base for some aswell).

I have a few photos, but mother dearest forgot the camera USB cable at work and I can't upload them at the moment. I'll do that tomorrow.

If you're deciding on doing a display board, you might wanna watch this thread in case you like some ideas, in which case feel free to copy some.

Will update tomorrow.

Add me on Xbox Live. Make sure you leave a message saying you're from Heresy though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-08, 06:31 PM

Good luck as this all sounds exciting hope it looks as cool as it sounds and hope the pics are coming soon.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-08, 06:50 AM

Waiting for pics as I am actually doing something very similar as a base to a building, with the lava effects. I love seeing how others do this particular effect.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-08, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Location: On a mountain arguing with a yeti about whether or not I can use their computer.

Aha. Sorry about the delay, but mother dearest keeps forgetting to bring the cable home. I'll probaby pick it up myself later.

Add me on Xbox Live. Make sure you leave a message saying you're from Heresy though.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-08, 08:37 AM

officer kerky's Flag is: Australia

it sounds tempting show us some picys when you can.
if the camera is digital by all sounds of things there shoud a memory chip inside it. it looks a bit like a sim card only bigger
anyway seems like its very cool(or hot incase of lava). keep us up to date with the wip
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-08, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Okay. Here they are.
Mother finally remembered to bring the cable and I have the photos.

Okay. First of all, I planned the whole thing out. Trust me when I say that if you don't plan ahead, you will kill the whole project.
I bought a 4x2 board and cut it into two 2x2 boards.

Then I cut the rivers of lava out with a hobby knife. Oh god this hurts. If you can find a different way to do it, do that. I was getting cramps in my right hand every few minutes.

I then bevelled the edges of what's left roughly.

Then I made what's going to be the crater out of styrofoam. it will soon be sanded and covered in PVA glue to harden, then the center will be filled will the glue for the pool of lava.

This is all I have so far. Updates soon.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-08, 12:00 PM

This looks as if it will soon become awesome...

I think you probably need something like a hacksaw, jigsaw or fretsaw (I think I mean a fretsaw) for your hardboard. I'm not surprised you ended up with wrist-ache using a knife. Surprised you kept all your fingers and eyes, TBH - broken metal blades flying about under intense pressure aren't terribly safe you know...

:gobsmacked cyclops:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-08, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

okay. A bit of an update.

the rivers of lava have been cut out.

and the slots for the bases for termi squad 1 are done too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode