Black and White Eldar Swarm - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

parkerdpeterson's Flag is: USA

Default Black and White Eldar Swarm

I started to get into the hobby about two years ago and worked on a few of my miniatures and I became very busy with school and work so I had to stop, but now I'm back in working on my army again and I have a few new pictures to post. I'm still a beginner at all of this. Tell me what you think.

Here are the models I painted before I stopped (all hand painted):

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x682.

These are the things I painted before I gave it up for awhile.

Here's what I've been working on since:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x576.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x576.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 576x1024.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 576x1024.

First attempt at some shading.

Second attempt:

Third attempt at shading:

Tell me what you guys think. I'm still very new and would love some feed back. Also I in vision my army composition is going to be a bunch of Guardians with an accompanying Farseer (or Warlock I don't remember which it is) and other things that I think look cool mixed in there as of right now.I'm kind of trying to turn an army that isn't a swarm army into a sort of swarm army with more meaning. I plan that the seer that I have with the Guardians will help protect them and make them last a little longer than on their own.

They shall come, expecting the obvious, the simple, the artless. They shall stab at the shadows with confused minds and troubled hearts. Meanwhile, we shall appear unseen from ten directions, and from every one strike a fatal blow.
- Farseer Caerys of Ulthwé
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 06:48 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

The black and white is a very striking combo. I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Tawa! With my first go I started out using only a paint brush for everything. Trust me the white on the bottom of the Serpent took forever, then I tried some Army Painter white base coat on a few guardians and I had a terrible experience with it. It's probably just that I didn't use it right but the paint went on very thick and most of the detail had been covered up. And recently I've been using an airbrush that's all of the new stuff I've done and I'm loving it. The white takes no time at all to do. The picture I have of all the guys painted white I airbrushed in roughly two hours counting the time mixing paint and thinner and everything.

They shall come, expecting the obvious, the simple, the artless. They shall stab at the shadows with confused minds and troubled hearts. Meanwhile, we shall appear unseen from ten directions, and from every one strike a fatal blow.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerdpeterson View Post
Nice!

Quote:
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Thank you. The Wave Serpent is the only thing I really have completed. And I painted it 100% with a brush. It sucked haha.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 08:59 PM

Hey, it's a start.
And it's complete, so you can turn your attention elsewhere.

Which is my major hobby problem. My attention is everywhere!

Quote:
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Hey, it's a start.
And it's complete, so you can turn your attention elsewhere.

Which is my major hobby problem. My attention is everywhere!

Yeah, I'm trying to work it like a production line haha. Base coat a bunch of stuff then fine detail.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 09:05 PM

Problem No2.

I find it really hard to production line my figures.....

Quote:
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Yeah what I find to be the hard part is just getting around to actually painting anything haha. I still don't even know how to play the game, but I guess I don't really have an army ready yet anyways.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode