In His Name! A truescale Imperial blog (updated 31/10) - Page 16 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 164 (permalink) Old 05-03-14, 07:01 AM

alex_mac47's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by torealis View Post
I'll get another pic tomorrow for you mate.

For now:

The grand unveiling of my finished Leman Russes.

I'm about to spray these guys, so any comments and additions are welcome!

Awesome work on the tanks - I see what you mean the Tamiya kits can add a lot! Really like what you have done with the kit bashing. What kit did you take the tracks from?

Also a big fan of your Colonel, standard and the catachan conversion:

You have given me a lot of additional inspiration!

Quote:
Another night shift, another batch of models. Mostly back to building again, trying to figure out of Catachans can be done well. I'm about 70% happy.

So here's some from the Command:

And some mans

"Forward we go, unto victory or death!"
Laurence Kronos
Commander 4th Bde
Coronan 51st Grenadiers Regiment

Army Log: Coronan 51st Grenadiers Regiment - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...y&army_id=1034

Project Log: Coronan 51st Grenadiers Regiment, 4Bde - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...54#post1686354

Terrain Log: Terrain Time - not with Tim the Tool Man... - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...01#post1907601
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 164 (permalink) Old 05-15-14, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Love that double barreled punisher cannon, how easy was that to do? Nice simple and more importantly you've made the join work well.
Thanks man. It was pretty easy, as the two together slotted pretty neatly (if a little tightly) into the Russ turret. The casing was just slipped out of plasticard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
They look tough as nails man. The tanks look big, but it might just be the recessed hull mounted weapons and the pushed back sponsons. Where'd ya get them from?
Thanks man. Everything you see that's grey is made by GW, mostly just combined from 2 standard LR kits! The beige stuff is Tamiya stowage from eBay, and the white is plasticard! Simples!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
Those russ are really nice, a lot more imposing than the normal model!

Also great wok on the chainsaw priest gang
Thanks buddy! They were real fun. I was just browsing eBay for empire stuff for my Vampire Counts and had a flash of inspiration!

@alex_mac47
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1110158374...84.m1423.l2649 is the set I picked up, I shared the kit with a friend and we tracked 5 LRs altogether, with some leftovers! They're about 1.25 cm wide in general I reckon. Maybe 1.5

I've been busy at work, and I've almost finished my second Knight. He'll be getting based tonight. I've also built 5 more assault marines, and started upscaling some GK termies! Pics tomorrow.

post #153 of 164 (permalink) Old 06-06-14, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Jesus, I've been neglecting this!

Here are two pics of my second knight, who is pretty much all done!

The leg bend was slightly tricky to get right especially with an eye to the overall build, but I think it worked out pretty well in the end!

What's in the pipeline:

5 Grey Knight Terminators: scaled and built, need final detailing.
5 Assault Marines: mostly painted, need some final touches and a wash.
Last couple of Dev Marines: as above.

I've also assembled a FW Vulture, which is really awesome. Made it up as an alternative Vendetta, with all the lascannons that requires.

I also picked up a ton of other bits and pieces for my Inq. Factions. All shall become clear.

post #154 of 164 (permalink) Old 10-30-14, 10:23 AM
Radu Lykan's Flag is: England

just flicked through all of this, looks great, especially liking the satellite images for some reason
russes look cool especially the punisher, like a (not so)mini macharius, what did you use for the tracks?
your scion kitbashes look good, got some of those heads left over from making my arbites so will be stealing the badass vets idea

Quote:
All shall become clear.
when?
post #155 of 164 (permalink) Old 10-31-14, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radu Lykan View Post
just flicked through all of this, looks great, especially liking the satellite images for some reason
russes look cool especially the punisher, like a (not so)mini macharius, what did you use for the tracks?
your scion kitbashes look good, got some of those heads left over from making my arbites so will be stealing the badass vets idea
Thanks buddy, it's nice to have some encouragement. It's been a while, and I've not been hobbying as hordcore as I'd like, new job and all.

I've dipped a bit into WFB, what with End Times being so fucking incredible and all.

But I've also been at work on these bad boys, but GK Termies. Truescaled and all!

This is the sergeant. He's going to be weilding a whopping great deamonsword:

These are the rest of the bodgers:

And my obligatory minigun man:

I'm having a hobby day tomorrow at a mate's, and these guys might get some paint on them. I'll also be working on a new superscaled deathwatch captain, and 5 truescale assault marines.

post #156 of 164 (permalink) Old 04-16-15, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

RIGHT!

I've been neglecting the forums, but not my hobby!

Here is a brief rundown of what I've been working on...

Inquisitorial Retinues

I wanted to do all 3 Ordos, each with a unique style and colour pallet and have a really fun time with the models...

Ordo Hereticus

Ordo Malleus

Ordo Xenos

Space marines!

As I've mentioned before, I do two scales of Marines. My normal chapter marines are in a slightly taller Truescale, while my deathwatch are even taller still, something I call SuperScale.

comparison

I've done 3 full tactical squads, a full assault squad and a full devestator squad. I have enough bits to get up to 60 tactical marines, and the legs are in the works.

All the completed squads mentioned above are totally painted! I've uploaded a small sample:

I've also done these lovely grey knights in the same scale

My last 6 Deathwatch are a slight work in progress.But I'm happy so far.

aaaand this is a DKK commissar I painted up for my guard!

post #157 of 164 (permalink) Old 04-16-15, 06:12 PM

Dorns Legacy's Flag is: Great Britain

Some truely amazing remodelling work there dude as always your plog is a great joy to read and feast my eyes upon the hard work that goes into your minis.
post #158 of 164 (permalink) Old 04-16-15, 07:32 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Great stuff, I have tried to true scale a few marines but my modelling skills do not match my ambition, I may just save the effort for stern guard

post #159 of 164 (permalink) Old 04-16-15, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorns Legacy View Post
Some truely amazing remodelling work there dude as always your plog is a great joy to read and feast my eyes upon the hard work that goes into your minis.
thanks man! I hope to keep it more up to date now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
Great stuff, I have tried to true scale a few marines but my modelling skills do not match my ambition, I may just save the effort for stern guard
I'm going to work on some legs tomorrow, and I'll post a tutorial. Its really, really simple. You need to do it on plain legs though, sternguard won't work...

post #160 of 164 (permalink) Old 04-17-15, 08:59 AM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
thanks man! I hope to keep it more up to date now!

I'm going to work on some legs tomorrow, and I'll post a tutorial. Its really, really simple. You need to do it on plain legs though, sternguard won't work...
Sorry mate, I should have clarrified, I will be using normal marines converted to stern guard, so I'll save the time and effort for them, looking forward to the tutorial!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode