In His Name! A truescale Imperial blog (updated 31/10) - Page 14 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 164 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 10:06 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's not urban camo, but i love the camo pattern SIgur was using on the Tau he did recently:

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=137857

Maybe you could adapt the colours for an urban setting?

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 164 (permalink) Old 04-19-14, 12:29 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Nothing I can think of. The only time I've tried to do an Urban camo scheme was on one Stormtrooper for a Inquisitorial retinue. It was just black fatigues with little white and grey lines.

I'm a big fan of the scheme on the old GW Studio Cadian 122nd though.

post #133 of 164 (permalink) Old 04-19-14, 09:48 PM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by torealis View Post
Thanks pal. Any suggestions for improvements? Or even paint schemes at this rate. Does anyone know how to do good urban camo?
These are lookin amazing, i can't see anything in the modelling that i would change at all. In fact the guardsmen have given me a few ideas on things i can do to add a little more variety to my own desert guard as i've been using only metal models for the basis and don't like the plastic Catachans very much.

As for a colour scheme i would say to pick 2 colours for a camo scheme and then allow yourself 2 other spot colours. Don't include the skin tones in these. If you add 3 colours to the camo it will make the pattern a bit of a pain to paint and will limit how many other details you can highlight on the model without it looking too busy.

I think a dark blue and black would look pretty cool, like black body armour and blue fatigues. It'd have an almost SWAT feel to it.

post #134 of 164 (permalink) Old 04-20-14, 12:37 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

This is EXACTLY the WFB model I was going to use to make an Inquisitor up until I found the old metal one with a book in his hand and back-slung sword. I really look forward to what he becomes.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #135 of 164 (permalink) Old 04-20-14, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
It's not urban camo, but i love the camo pattern SIgur was using on the Tau he did recently:

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=137857

Maybe you could adapt the colours for an urban setting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamodai View Post
Nothing I can think of. The only time I've tried to do an Urban camo scheme was on one Stormtrooper for a Inquisitorial retinue. It was just black fatigues with little white and grey lines.

I'm a big fan of the scheme on the old GW Studio Cadian 122nd though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimzagGorwazza View Post
These are lookin amazing, i can't see anything in the modelling that i would change at all. In fact the guardsmen have given me a few ideas on things i can do to add a little more variety to my own desert guard as i've been using only metal models for the basis and don't like the plastic Catachans very much.

As for a colour scheme i would say to pick 2 colours for a camo scheme and then allow yourself 2 other spot colours. Don't include the skin tones in these. If you add 3 colours to the camo it will make the pattern a bit of a pain to paint and will limit how many other details you can highlight on the model without it looking too busy.

I think a dark blue and black would look pretty cool, like black body armour and blue fatigues. It'd have an almost SWAT feel to it.
As much as I appreciate your confidence in my painting abilities, I think Grimzag has the solution that's within my abilities as a painter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post

This is EXACTLY the WFB model I was going to use to make an Inquisitor up until I found the old metal one with a book in his hand and back-slung sword. I really look forward to what he becomes.
i'm not planning on doing a huge amount... hopefully he'll be done on Monday.

post #136 of 164 (permalink) Old 04-23-14, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Another small update from work yesterday.

Did a test model for my Scions, and I'm happy with the scheme. Also finished a priest for the Malleus retinue. (since the photo I've done his base and plasma cell) (also not sure why the edge of his relic appears blue. It isn't.

Also finished my last servo skull, this one for the Hereticus retinue. I'm really happy with the way the gas came out.
And a Jokaero... because... well... why not?

The Warrior priest is coming along, nearly finished the build and should have something to upload tomorrow.

Tonight's task is mostly dedicated to digital art for the 40k campaign I've got coming, but hopefully should get a good start on the other 9 scions.

post #137 of 164 (permalink) Old 04-23-14, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

I figured I'd put these here too, these are 4 maps I've made for the ground battles of our campaign. They're all based of satellite images of random cities I thought looked cool.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

post #138 of 164 (permalink) Old 04-27-14, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

MOAR MODELS!

So here last week's effort from work. Finished my Scions.

And finally got round to painting my Krieg commissar. Waiting on a cheap Chinese knockoff set of death riders to arrive now!

Also bought a second knight at GW last week and I'm trying something different. I've built a base for him with a ruined Chimera on it, and I've cut him at the left knee to bend it. I'm trying to keep most parts separate so I can spray the armour, feet and parts of the guns red before I assemble him fully.

post #139 of 164 (permalink) Old 04-27-14, 05:26 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Looking awesome mate! I love the scions scheme

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #140 of 164 (permalink) Old 04-27-14, 09:22 PM

dragonadam's Flag is: USA

The Catachan Command is sweet! Any paint on them yet?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode