Lord Hudson's Project Log - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-14, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

Lord Hudson's Flag is: Canada

Default Lord Hudson's Project Log

Okay, its about bloody time I started one of these. I've been a member for quite some time now but in my time I have posted next to nothing. I'm Hoping that this log will both chronicle my progress as a hobbyist and also serve as motivation to actually get something done.
I have recently ceased any and all activity on my beloved Space Wolves army as I have been using it for almost two years now and require something different. Pictures will most likely not be posted as the army itself is on display at my local G.W. and will not be removed for some time. As of now I am making steady progress on a Carcharodons army that I started on Christmas 2013. Pictures soon to come once I figure out a good setup for photographing minis.
I may also begin to post battle reports of games played at my aforementioned local G.W. but that will be on a different thread and only if I stop being so damn lazy.

Now to the point, here is my envisioned 1750 Carcharodons list

HQ.

Tyberos the Red Wake 190

Troops.

The Red Brethren 200
5-man Terminator Assault Squad
Land Raider Crusader with Multi-Melta 260

Tactical Squad 190
8-man
Meltagun
8 Close Combat Weapons
Power Sword
Combi-melta
Drop Pod

Tactical Squad 225
10-man
Meltagun
Missile Launcher
10 Close Combat Weapons
Power Sword
Rhino

Tactical Squad 190
6-man
Plasma Gun
Combi-Plasma
6 Close Combat Weapons
Las/Plas Razorback

Heavy Support.

Stormraven Gunship 230
Hurricane Bolters
Twin-Linked Multi-Melta

Vindicator 135
Siege Shield

Vindicator 130
Dozer Blade

C&C are more than welcome. I will try to post at least one update every 3-4 weeks.

Until next time

L.H.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-14, 02:11 AM

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

As much as i loathe loyalists, i always enjoy seeing peoples take on them! Can't wait to see some pictures mate

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-14, 04:03 AM

CubanNecktie's Flag is: Canada

woooo carcharadons...one of my secret obsession chapters. the red wake model is epic and his chain gauntlets are amazing. really pumped for this.

not to mention the The Corcyran Massacre. this deserves a pro diorama treatment. looking forward to your army.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-14, 05:00 PM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Yes! Carcharodons! They'll be my chapter to make when I decide to start Space Marines Can't wait to see your attempt at them! Have you thought of using micron pens to get all the little tribal glyphs on their armor?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-14, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanNecktie View Post
woooo carcharadons...one of my secret obsession chapters. the red wake model is epic and his chain gauntlets are amazing. really pumped for this.

not to mention the The Corcyran Massacre. this deserves a pro diorama treatment. looking forward to your army.

yes, as of tonight I am nearly finished painting Tyberos, just a bit more gore and battle damage and he'll be ready for photos. As for the Corcyran massacre, that is the battle that my army is based around. Most of my centerpiece models will be based with dead Executioners and I'm drawing up plans for the display board right now, so that I can bring this army to conquest 2014.

Last edited by Lord Hudson; 01-12-14 at 11:41 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-14, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig Cymry View Post
Yes! Carcharodons! They'll be my chapter to make when I decide to start Space Marines Can't wait to see your attempt at them! Have you thought of using micron pens to get all the little tribal glyphs on their armor?
Actually I wont be doing the tribal designs on the armour myself. My sister happens to be ludicrously good at freehand painting and has volunteered to paint them for me. As for pictures, I just have a wee bit more work to do on Tyberos and the Red Brethren before I post pictures.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-14, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

Okay everyone, I have just finished the first unit for my Carcharodons army, these are my first real attempts at taking photos of models so I would really appreciate some advice on how to improve the quality of my pictures.

It is my pleasure to present Tyberos the Red Wake
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4860.jpg (278.6 KB, 10 views)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-14, 03:17 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition
Default Lord Hudson's Project Log

Just a couple of notes one the painting (and they are only small niggles because the majority of the paintwork is superb):

1) The white on his helmet looks too bright for me. It kind of sticks out. I would try and do it a similar colour to the skulls and then the whole model would feel just that little be more coherent, because at the moment you've got dark armour and then quite bright white on the face.

2) This is rather nit-picky on my part, but if the blades on his hands and the chainsaws had that much blood on them, his fingers would not be as clean as they are. I would add some blood to them because otherwise (to me at least) you can tell it's not real blood, and some more blood where it would naturally splatter would make the effect seem more realistic.

However both of those are more preference on my part and obviously it's your model so do as you please.

Also, because I mentioned the skulls before. I really like the colour that you got for them. In general the paint job is really good and I look forward to seeing more

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Last edited by Deus Mortis; 01-10-14 at 03:20 AM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-14, 01:02 PM

CubanNecktie's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Hudson View Post
yeas, as of tonight I am nearly finished painting Tyberos, just a bit more gore and battle damage and heel be ready for photos. As for the Corcyran massacre, that is the battle that my army is based around. Most of my centrepiece models will be based with dead Executioners and I'm drawing up plans for the display board right now, so that I can bring this army to conquest 2014.
good good. this is exactly what I want to hear :D forgeworld has done a great job of supplying the basic Char building blocks...Mark V heresy armour is a must (I think I got this right, the one with jowl helm and studs detailing)...and there's a decal sheet as well. no brass sheet surprisingly, but the decals should do the trick.

- few comments, I'm all about gore and blood and personally see no issue with your placement, but I can't comment as to the blood quality as the picture is way too blurry

- the lighting in the picture is just right so congrats, hardest part out of the way, but the shape of your basing has caught the focus, leaving everything else out

- the scheme looks good from what I can see. keep it going!

more comments as you finish stuff.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-14, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
Just a couple of notes one the painting (and they are only small niggles because the majority of the paintwork is superb):

1) The white on his helmet looks too bright for me. It kind of sticks out. I would try and do it a similar colour to the skulls and then the whole model would feel just that little be more coherent, because at the moment you've got dark armour and then quite bright white on the face.

2) This is rather nit-picky on my part, but if the blades on his hands and the chainsaws had that much blood on them, his fingers would not be as clean as they are. I would add some blood to them because otherwise (to me at least) you can tell it's not real blood, and some more blood where it would naturally splatter would make the effect seem more realistic.

However both of those are more preference on my part and obviously it's your model so do as you please.

Also, because I mentioned the skulls before. I really like the colour that you got for them. In general the paint job is really good and I look forward to seeing more

Well, first of all, thanks for the c&c. Now about the white on the helmet, I originally did do it in the same colour as the skulls, but i found that it looked a little weird.
Also about the blood. I agree completely, I slapped a bit on his fingers and it looked much better, so thank you very much sir.
I know these photos are not the best, still playing around with my cameras settings, trying to get them right.
As always, c&c are welcome.

Till next time
L.H.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4910.jpg (303.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4912.jpg (304.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4913.jpg (293.1 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Lord Hudson; 01-13-14 at 02:04 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
carcharodons , project log , space maines

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode