"Children of the Emperor! Death to his foes!" - A pre-heresy Emperor's Children plog - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-15-16, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Hi guys, another update from me. Today we have an Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod, designation "The Aquilia's Talons":

This actually involved me trying to do a fair bit of weathering. My Emperor's Children are generally only mildly weathered because, well, they shouldn't be taking any damage if they're fighting how they should be (i.e. perfectly ). However, no matter how you look at it, a drop pod going through atmospheric re-entry or smashing into the side of spaceship, it's not going to escape unscathed. I still wanted it to look resplendent though, so this is the result.

Next up will be another 5 tactical marines, marking the official half way point of my next 20 man tactical squad. As always, comments and criticisms are welcome

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-12-16, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Right, time to blow the cobwebs off of this plog and show you all what I've been up to recently!

First of all the last, at least for the near future, of my tactical marines. I now have 30 of them, and having played a few games with both 10, 15 and 20 men squads, I've found two squads of 15 with Apothecaries to be the optimal configuration. 10 are too fragile and 20 end up being too many points in one unit that can, at best, move 6" + Run moves a turn. Here is the latest batch of tactical marines:

Next on parade is my Palatine Blades, freshly converted to wield Phoenix Spears. My plan is to acquire 3 more to have a squad of 8 to put into my Anvillus drop pod with a Praetor and a Chaplain, and then murder whatever they feel like. However, I've also magnetised one of their arms to hold a Legion Standard so they can double as a command squad if I feel like it.

Moving along, whenever I've used him I've found the Lightning Claw on my librarian rather redundant due to the psychic powers he has access to. Plus it doesn't really fit with the aesthetic of the blademasters of the IIIrd legion. So I've changed him to wield a power sword instead. Plus it means he gets +1 A!

Next up we have the second of my pair of Contemptor Dreadnoughts, both wielding duel Kheres Assault Cannons for 12 S6 AP 4 Rending shots each. Being Mortis pattern dreadnoughts they can reliably tear fliers our of the sky, so that helps. Even worse for my opponents, when I run them as part of a Maru Skara list they gain Outflank and appear behind my opponent's front line and gun them down, haha! If nothing else, they look cool.

Finally, I've finally put the kind gift of @Moriouce to good use, turning 5 of them into the beginnings of a 10 man plasma-gun team. The other half is sitting on my side awaiting transformation into the beginnings of a 10 man melta-gun team. The plasma gunners will be for murdering 2+ armour saves/monsterous creatures. However, once they are at full strength (well 9 man) and I've constructed a version of Saul Tarvtiz, they will be used to assassinate every traitorous iteration of Fulgrim/Eidolon I come across. Enjoy 18 S7 AP2 shots to the face with Preferred Enemy (Emperor's Children) fuck-heads!

Oh, also I made a concerted effort at object source lighting and I'm quite pleased with the results.

What's next? Well, I'm hoping to convert a Nephilim into a Lightning next and then after that build a 5-man melta-gun support squad. After that...well, my mind runs wild! I want to convert up a version of Saul Tarvitz, add some Phoenix Guard to my army, change Tiberius's thunderhammer for a double bladed Phoenix Spear which will serve as his paragon blade. I'm thinking about adding a Knight-Errant. I want to make 5 more plasma and melta gunners. Then there are jetbikes and outriders with amazing models. The possibilities are endless!

As always, I appreciate any and all comments and criticism and hopefully you've enjoyed this update. Until next time!

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode