"Brotherhood of Dust!" (A Thousand Sons story) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-13, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Default "Brotherhood of Dust!" (A Thousand Sons story)

"If the path to salvation leads through the halls of purgatory, then so be it."

- Ahzek Ahriman, former First Captain and Chief Librarian of the Thousand Sons Legion.

So I'm back once more with another project! After reading Ahriman - Exile, written by John French, I lost all restaints and wanted to do those characters which appeared in the book. It should be noted that unlike my Emperor's Childrens army but just like my Night Lords, these won't be original characters, but already pre-based. But unlike my Night Lords, it won't be a huge project. It will come more closer to my Traitor Guard in that sense.

Army-list:
So far I have no idea how big this will be. But I can present how it look in the current present day! The descriptions is what I've gathered from the actual book.

HQ:
- Ahzek Ahriman, the Exile; . 125. ( I have no idea if I will do the actual model as it stands).
- Chaos Sorcerer Amon. 180. Chaos Sorcerer, horned-helmet (Blue silk robes, horned skulls covered his shoulders, staff).

Elites:
- Thousand Sons Chosen, 7: Sorcerer Tolbek (Pyrae, one of the first to join the cabal of Ahriman). Memunim (Raptora), Kiu (Raptora, twin-serpent-crested), Zabaia (Disc like a rayed sun. Twin), Siamak (Cobra, staff. Twin).
- The Fleshchange, (Possessed/Mutated Chaos Space Marines & Spawns), --: Hazjihn (bronze bolter wrapped in flesh-coloured tentacles, face melted down the skull), I have future plans for this.

Troops:
- Thousand Sons Rubricae, 10: Librarian Astraeos, Helio Isidorus. Mabius Ro.

Allies:
- Daemon Pink Horrors, 2:

Fluff:
The problematic stuff behind this book is that the Warband of Amon isn't the centre of attention nor a rather fixed army-formation, like 10th Company in the Night Lords-series, but serves as an antagonist just at the very end. So I will take influensal part of all and every Thousand Sons Fluff I can gather. So the foundation comes from Ahriman - Exile, but I will take characters from perhaps Battle for the Fang, any HH-piece from Graham McNeill and ADB (that I can gather from this date) and make models as it goes along. The possessed/mutated CSM as you see in the Elite-section, are suppossed to be Thousand Sons suffering from the Fleshchange as we saw in A Thousand Sons and in the novella Aurelian. The HQ is based perhaps during and the ending of Exile. The Chosen are based upon the Sorcerers that appears throughout the story and former followers of Ahriman that cast the famous Rubric.

The Troopers are based upon the epilogue, where the beginning of Ahrimans Prodigal Sons started. The Allies are based upon the daemons that attacked Ahriman and his followers onboard a space station when seeking a prophecy.

Future:
I hope to finish all those here above mentioned. I might have plans to expand this through Forge World Models that might come in a close future, most definitely those of Thousand Sons MK. III and IV armour, and/or perhaps special characters. I hope also to expand the Fleshchange-characters, but as well take into account more Scouring-Era characters. With the up-coming novel The Talon of Horus in the Rise of the Warmaster-series, where our main-character will be a former Thousand Sons-character, I might do some cross-overs there as well as we know the Prodigal Sons and the Black Legion apparently formed an alliance according to the Black Legion codex. Also as I see it, Exile was only the first part in an upcoming trilogy, which means John French also have much to give us in a close future.

Last edited by forkmaster; 12-18-13 at 08:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-13, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-13, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-13, 04:52 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Interesting concepts so far.

However, the orb looks a little like it is balanced on his finger-tips. It might work better if you softened the hand in hot water and opened the fingers out a more.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-13, 07:47 AM

CubanNecktie's Flag is: Canada

there's a lot of work going into these guys and that's exciting for me, but the photo shadows cover up half the models so I don't think they're getting a fair shake.

have you considered multiple lighting sources?

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-13, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
Interesting concepts so far.

However, the orb looks a little like it is balanced on his finger-tips. It might work better if you softened the hand in hot water and opened the fingers out a more.
Yeah I wanted the effect of it "flying" slightly above the hand, but my conversion skills are highly limited! Thank you for the reply! I will keep that tip in mind though for the next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanNecktie View Post
there's a lot of work going into these guys and that's exciting for me, but the photo shadows cover up half the models so I don't think they're getting a fair shake.

have you considered multiple lighting sources?
I have managed to get one more lamp to the table so the group-shot of the finished squad should be better perhaps.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-14-13, 07:51 PM

Dakingofchaos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looking good! Pretty soon you will have a mono-god force for all four powers...

'If you fail to prepare then you'd better prepare to fail'
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-15-13, 02:26 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post
Yeah I wanted the effect of it "flying" slightly above the hand, but my conversion skills are highly limited!
If you want a hover effect, then a piece of paperclip painted black is strong enough to take a reasonable weight but will not be very noticeable, even quite close in.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-18-13, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakingofchaos View Post
Looking good! Pretty soon you will have a mono-god force for all four powers...
Hahah perhaps! I don't see me collecting World Eaters or Death Guard anytime soon however, even though the latter have some pretty amazing models!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
If you want a hover effect, then a piece of paperclip painted black is strong enough to take a reasonable weight but will not be very noticeable, even quite close in.
Oh yeah I will take that word of advice if I ever want to try it again or if I get the energy to bother about changing the first. Appreciate it though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode