"If the path to salvation leads through the halls of purgatory, then so be it.
- Ahzek Ahriman, former First Captain and Chief Librarian of the Thousand Sons Legion.
So I'm back once more with another project! After reading Ahriman - Exile
, written by John French, I lost all restaints and wanted to do those characters which appeared in the book. It should be noted that unlike my Emperor's Childrens army
but just like my Night Lords
, these won't be original characters, but already pre-based. But unlike my Night Lords, it won't be a huge project. It will come more closer to my Traitor Guard
in that sense.
So far I have no idea how big this will be. But I can present how it look in the current present day! The descriptions is what I've gathered from the actual book.
- Ahzek Ahriman, the Exile; . 125. ( I have no idea if I will do the actual model as it stands).
- Chaos Sorcerer Amon. 180. Chaos Sorcerer, horned-helmet (Blue silk robes, horned skulls covered his shoulders, staff).
- Thousand Sons Chosen, 7: Sorcerer Tolbek (Pyrae, one of the first to join the cabal of Ahriman). Memunim (Raptora), Kiu (Raptora, twin-serpent-crested), Zabaia (Disc like a rayed sun. Twin), Siamak (Cobra, staff. Twin).
- The Fleshchange, (Possessed/Mutated Chaos Space Marines & Spawns), --: Hazjihn (bronze bolter wrapped in flesh-coloured tentacles, face melted down the skull), I have future plans for this.
- Thousand Sons Rubricae, 10: Librarian Astraeos, Helio Isidorus. Mabius Ro.
- Daemon Pink Horrors, 2:
The problematic stuff behind this book is that the Warband of Amon isn't the centre of attention nor a rather fixed army-formation, like 10th Company in the Night Lords-series, but serves as an antagonist just at the very end. So I will take influensal part of all and every Thousand Sons Fluff I can gather. So the foundation comes from Ahriman - Exile
, but I will take characters from perhaps Battle for the Fang
, any HH-piece from Graham McNeill and ADB (that I can gather from this date) and make models as it goes along. The possessed/mutated CSM as you see in the Elite-section, are suppossed to be Thousand Sons suffering from the Fleshchange as we saw in A Thousand Sons
and in the novella Aurelian
. The HQ is based perhaps during and the ending of Exile
. The Chosen are based upon the Sorcerers that appears throughout the story and former followers of Ahriman that cast the famous Rubric.
The Troopers are based upon the epilogue, where the beginning of Ahrimans Prodigal Sons started. The Allies are based upon the daemons that attacked Ahriman and his followers onboard a space station when seeking a prophecy.
I hope to finish all those here above mentioned. I might have plans to expand this through Forge World Models that might come in a close future, most definitely those of Thousand Sons MK. III and IV armour, and/or perhaps special characters. I hope also to expand the Fleshchange-characters, but as well take into account more Scouring-Era characters. With the up-coming novel The Talon of Horus
in the Rise of the Warmaster
-series, where our main-character will be a former Thousand Sons-character, I might do some cross-overs there as well as we know the Prodigal Sons and the Black Legion apparently formed an alliance according to the Black Legion codex. Also as I see it, Exile
was only the first part in an upcoming trilogy, which means John French also have much to give us in a close future.