Catachan Regiment II Fluff Army: Running with the Devils! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-13, 01:37 AM Thread Starter

HokieHWT's Flag is: USA

Jacob-

I've been reading about making camo netting, we're having an ice storm right now (most of the day) so I didn't get out to the store. Thanks for the tip about the boots, I'm trying to get the shine off them, and they will definitely be straight black on most of the troops. I only put the gold on the LT because he is my favorite model EVER and he will be the platoon leader in my 1000 pt armies. With Straken in the HQ and Harker taking a Devils squad into the battle I wanted another unique model to be the leader of my mass troops.

Hopefully tomorrow I will go check out some materials for netting and appreciate the suggestion!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-15-13, 04:14 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Nothing wrong with a bit of golden bling on a mini, hell I've got 50+ minis in a dark gold/bronze! Looking forward to seeing how you fare with the cammo netting.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Default Sentinels, Snipers and Camo Netting

Today I tried to put some work into a variety of things...I should of gotten a better camera first of all. Each of the Sentinels have heads from the Catachan Command Squad, specifically the Commander, One Eye, and the Vox trooper. I think they look great close up and the pictures do not sure ANY of the minis justice. I also made Camo Netting using a gauze pad and some watered down Deathworld Green. It's still pliable an once I figure out how I want to lay it on the Russ and Sentinels I will post some pictures. Here are the works in progress....

I just looked at the previews and they are awfully photographed...I'm going to Walmart and buying a new camera instead of using my phone! See you all soon

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-17-13, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Default Sentinels

I got my Sentinels based and am still waiting for the foliage to completely dry before I add highlights to the camo netting and moss. I used part of a deer antler to make a "log" I think it looks great without any touch ups. Still waiting on a better camera but this is a progress log not a showcase

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-18-13, 09:17 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Classic, great to see the old catachans getting some attention. Really looking forward to seeing more!

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-18-13, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Default New LT

So instead of losing my favorite mini because he would require me to take a Boltgun for games requiring WYSIWYG I made a conversion, getting rid of his boltgun and giving him a large Catachan knife and Laspistol. I am thinking I can also use the Catachan knife as a Power Sword if needed, and without too much crap from an offical, maybe I'll add a power line just in case.

Before

After

I used a Dremel with a 543 Cutting Wheel and 100 High Speed Cutter. It is pretty clean after I sanded it down and shaped it with an Xacto Knife. I might actually buy some "Green Stuff" to fill in the gaps but everything is VERY flush as is.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-13, 02:57 AM Thread Starter

The week before Christmas I found the December Painting Deathmatch and I was STOKED!!!! I love painting and modeling and know I need to improve my skills, what better way than to enter the Deathmatch. I decided on a converted WYSIWYG Old School LT, giving him a Devil's Claw and Laspistol, adding a female Grenade Launcher, Plasma Gun and Heavy Bolter Team.

I planned on working while we were at my in-laws for the week but my wife didn't pack my minis only my paints and brushes I came back, with a couple days left and got to work. Luckily I primed them before I left! I've made a ton of trips to the local GW supplier for paint, washes and even more models (an Ogryn Bone 'Ed and Chimera) because I am already addicted! I really need to get into putting together my troops from their sprues but that isn't as fun, especially since I've added the following since I finished up for the semester:

(All Metal Old School)
6 Mortar Teams (yes 6!)
2 SGTs
Missile Launcher Team
1997 Catachan Squad Box
Chimera
Bone 'Ed
Ordered: Straken, Nork, Harker, Marbo (but the idiot never put in the order before I left)
Aegis Wall with Quad Gun

I think the Regiment is pretty complete other than a few Valkryies and another Chimera. I'm going to try and get the plastic troops assembled so I can have a few practice games before my first local tournament on Sunday (which will suck if I don't get in my special orders) I'm excited to get started playing and I just need to figure out what the best way to transport the Regiment will be. I don't want to spend a ton on a mini case but I might have to. Anyway hopefully I will have pictures up in the Deathmatch tomorrow as I based them tonight but stopped for the evening to watch the Eagles game. A few light touches, more hair pulling on the eyes and I'll be ready to go!

Check out my 2nd Catachan Regiment Project Log
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=131473

Catachan Devils W6-L11-D1
Steel Legion Heavy Mech W6-L0-D0
Minotaurs and Knights W5-L1-D0

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-13, 12:01 PM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looking awesome mate, love the old LT model, and you've done a nice job converting it.

one thing: Mold lines! They're the only thing I can see when I look at those sentinels... It's a shame to detract from a nice paintjob

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-31-13, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torealis View Post
Looking awesome mate, love the old LT model, and you've done a nice job converting it.

one thing: Mold lines! They're the only thing I can see when I look at those sentinels... It's a shame to detract from a nice paintjob
Thanks for the heads up! Now that I entered my Squad for the Deathmatch I'm going to take a look at the Sentinels again and clean them up, maybe use some green stuff and really make a smooth, seamless transition from piece to piece. Thanks mate! +1 Rep

Check out my 2nd Catachan Regiment Project Log
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=131473

Catachan Devils W6-L11-D1
Steel Legion Heavy Mech W6-L0-D0
Minotaurs and Knights W5-L1-D0

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-31-13, 04:10 PM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Great log, the tank looks like he should be with the Catachans! THat's a pretty neat conversion by the way!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
catachan devils , harker , nork , straken

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode