Well, having started one of these before, and not making the deadline I set for myself, I've decided to just make an ongoing log that I will add to as I get the time. For anyone who hasn't seen it, you can find my old log here
But now, on to the new! For the first model, I decided to paint one of the new chaplains with jump pack. I've been playing with the standard BA chaplain for years, but with the newest BA dex, it's pointless to use a chaplain and not use Lemartes. Now personally, I find the Lemartes model lacking to say the least so I decided to use the standard SM chaplain as a "counts as" model instead. For those who don't know, here is the model I'm using:
The first thing was obviously trimming the flash from the model, and there was a lot of it. After spending 30 minutes trimming flash, I assembled the model and primed it in white. I chose to leave the jump pack off due to all the detail on the back of the model and on the jump pack. Putting them together now would just make this harder, so they're to be painted seperately then attached. Here's a quick shot of the chaplain before any paint:
The next step was to start the application of black, the main armor color. Currently I'm still working on this, but below are a couple of shots of where it currently sits:
More as it progresses!