frost_reaver's Ongoing Blood Angel Log - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-08, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
frost_reaver's Flag is: USA

Default frost_reaver's Ongoing Blood Angel Log

Well, having started one of these before, and not making the deadline I set for myself, I've decided to just make an ongoing log that I will add to as I get the time. For anyone who hasn't seen it, you can find my old log here.

But now, on to the new! For the first model, I decided to paint one of the new chaplains with jump pack. I've been playing with the standard BA chaplain for years, but with the newest BA dex, it's pointless to use a chaplain and not use Lemartes. Now personally, I find the Lemartes model lacking to say the least so I decided to use the standard SM chaplain as a "counts as" model instead. For those who don't know, here is the model I'm using:

The first thing was obviously trimming the flash from the model, and there was a lot of it. After spending 30 minutes trimming flash, I assembled the model and primed it in white. I chose to leave the jump pack off due to all the detail on the back of the model and on the jump pack. Putting them together now would just make this harder, so they're to be painted seperately then attached. Here's a quick shot of the chaplain before any paint:

The next step was to start the application of black, the main armor color. Currently I'm still working on this, but below are a couple of shots of where it currently sits:

More as it progresses!

A resource site for wargaming and more. Updated: Weekly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-07-08, 01:19 AM

loyalist42's Flag is: USA

A good start, to be sure!

How many BA are you planning on painting? Sounds like you've got a few stashed away...keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar89
if I hang out with you any more I just might pick up 40K...You, sir, are dangerous.

Holy shit, I've a plog again!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-07-08, 03:17 AM

A good start frost_reaver. I have the model primed and ready for painting, but since I started rebuilding my Iron Warriors, I haven't touched it. As a long time BA player, I can't wait to see more.

~fearlesgod~

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode