The Bloody Twelfth, The Lords of the Sands - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Blissful Brushes's Flag is: England

Default The Bloody Twelfth, The Lords of the Sands

Evening all,
Last year I bought myself a some of the FW Khorne upgrade sets because Khorne has always been my favourite god of the Pantheon and likewise the World Eaters have always been among my favourite legions. I am planning on making a small force - 2,000 points or so - to represent what I believe a World Eaters force should truly look like.
I am going to roll with the gladiator theme which rungs strongly through their culture, and I am going to try to keep very little uniformity about them barring basic squad markings and the legion symbol. After all, they hail from a multitude of worlds and they have all gained different trophies and accolades from the ring and from the field of battle. Brutality is the watchword of this project, so expect blood, skulls and slaughter - managing to keep to my record of having painted under ten "clean-marines".
It will be a force that is almost entirely lost to the nails, and this is the list that I will be using, I'm not concerned about gaming capabilities - I have no idea how to play! It is to aid in the goal more than anything and to help with the theme. The force will be based after Angron's ascension, so the Chaotic influence of the Word Bearers will have set in properly in a lot of the marines by this stage.
I will be thinking about some fluff to keep us all entertained, but not just yet.

List in spoiler

They will still be modelled primarily in the original legion colours, though I'm tempted to emphasise the reds on the the Rampagers and Red Butchers, as they are those closest to Khorne's loving breast.
To break up the monotony of all this text I shall include some images (shock horror)
This is the start of my entry for the currently running competition.
The first three images are of the victim that the Marine will be choking, I wasn't sure how the hand looked so I've taken a few angles, similarly with the cloth: it's my first attempt at sculpting it so I'm not sure how good it is :/ Yet to be done to this poor victim are his legs, arms and webbing - no sexy assault vest for him, after all, he cannot be ally for allyness saves lives and he is dying. Not sure whether I should do any work to his face bit risky.

These photos are more to show the details I've worked into the armour: the World Eater jaws, well the top half of it anyway, which I'm going to have to add some more definition to now that I gave him one long shin plate instead of a knee pad.
Legion numeral and a bit of a chaos star, going to do a bit more to the star later.

Last but not least, the pose tacked together:

C&C is of course welcome

Come take a look at my work:
The Bloody Twelfth, The Lords of the Sands

Luna Wolves 14th Company

For my 14th Company Novella

Grimdark Orks

I do commissions, email/pm me:
Blissful Brushes

I always look to improve, as such I always look for ways other people can improve and what elements are good already, please bear that in mind if you ever think any of my comments are overly critical: it's not personal!
Strive for excellence in all that you do.

Blissful Brushes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 02:00 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

That's your first attempt sculpting? God I hate you, it looks awesome, especially the hand. I would recommend perhaps going for some smaller chains as the ones you have seem a little big. Aside from that the force it's self sounds awesome! Looking forward to seeing how you go with it.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 08:28 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 09:23 AM

Gothic's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'll be following this, looking forward to what else you come up with.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 10:42 PM

Lemmy1916's Flag is: Switzerland

Damn that berserker is pissed
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 10:44 PM

Ring Master "Honka"'s Flag is: United Kingdom

im interested as to what that beserker is going to do with that chain?

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 10:53 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

My interest is piqued.

Though one question, where did you get that chain from? I really like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

@ Jacobite: Ha thanks ;) I've had trouble finding smaller sizes on eBay, if you know of any smaller chains feel free to post them! This chain's for a weapon so it's not so bad, it is too large to use for skulls and capes etc. though :/
@ Forkmaster: Make sure you do Next update should be in a week or so, off on my hols for a week as of tomorrow!
@ Gothic: Hopefully lots of aggression and poor dying guardsman, and the odd marine for those truly lost to the nails - I just lack additional marine bodies, they're for my Lunas at the moment.
@Lemmy1916 : That he is
@Ring Master "Honka" : The chain is going to either become a meteor hammer if I can sculpt a decent head and power pack, or a barb-hook last (Rampager weapons on FW)
@Loli : The chain is from eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Metre-Tr...item3cb9bd6b92

Thanks for all the comments, they're very much appreciated, and hopefully I'll keep the interest going when I'm back next week!!

Luna Wolves 14th Company

Grimdark Orks

Blissful Brushes

I always look to improve, as such I always look for ways other people can improve and what elements are good already, please bear that in mind if you ever think any of my comments are overly critical: it's not personal!

Blissful Brushes.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-21-13, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

The Rampager himself is completely built now, currently primed and layering his armour. The chain weapon will be glued into the base once the rest is painted because it gets in the way so much.
Tomorrow I'll upload images of the victim, he's almost done now - I just need to find an arm and finish his ammo pouches on his right side. The only problem I'm having at the moment with that is making his left arm look right - compound fractures are hard to sculpt, and I'll be damned if I'm Google imaging that...
Also got myself some smaller chain. Hurts to cut silver though lol!
Comments, criticism etc. more than welcome!

Luna Wolves 14th Company

Grimdark Orks

Blissful Brushes

Blissful Brushes.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-22-13, 09:00 PM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode