Alright, after some life upheaval over the last year I'm back, and I'll start by sharing my latest project - a second hand Chaos Warhound! I say second hand, but it was freely given when a friend had to make a precipitous exit from the hobby, so we'll see if I have to give it back before I next move...
The usual start state of these things...
Colour minimisation was the phrase of the day for me for this guy, it's an awesome but very busy model. Most non-details on this, unlike it's imperial brother, are black and white or straight metal.
This way, where I did put colour on I wanted it to really stand out!
Since my other recent project has been a Word Bearers Warband that can translate with relative fluency between 30k and 40k (not perfectly, I admit) I chose legio Suturvora for the paint scheme and fluff. Bring on those shiny new ultramarines for me to kill!
I made a major mistake gluing on the body as pictured, those shoulders are supposed to be inserted prior to this point... which meant I had to break it and re-glue it later. Doh!
I still am not sure how to get leg posing right - there just seems no good way to check how the model balances until you've assembled it. I spent a lot of hour puzzling over it, checking internet sources, etc but not finding any good means of addressing the problem... so I just went ahead.
The other mistake I made was not really planning ahead so far as magnets went. I've put the project on hold while I wait for more arm magnets 20x3mm and the waist magnets 20x5mm. Should be here imminently, I hope, since I realised this error and ordered before it came to the point I needed them... only now I've reached that point and will have to do some terrain or something so I don't get too distracted!
Hope you've enjoyed viewing and this is a worthy first post after a year away!